Hawaii

Any Pics of Wedding/Reception @ Merriman's?

I am starting to really like this location but my sister says she's "not sold on it."  So i've been trying to find better pictures with it all setup for a reception and/or ceremony but am having a hard time finding pics.

Would anyone be willing to share their wedding and/or reception photos held at Merriman's to help me out? 

THANKS!!!!

Re: Any Pics of Wedding/Reception @ Merriman's?

• scottie_mommyscottie_mommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of using them as well.  I have never been there, but they do have a FaceBook page.  Merriman's Restaurant.
    There are a few pics on there. 

I'm with you....if anyone has pics to share, I would appreciate it too!

When's your wedding syoun?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well originally we were going to have a REALLY long engagement and get married in 2012..but my parents want a baby like..NOW so they convinced us to move it to next August. Don't you love how parents get involved! lol
  • scottie_mommyscottie_mommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha! Yes I understand!  We are getting the baby pressure too!

But fiance is finishing school, so that has been our excuse thus far.  He will be done in 2 months, but we have already told everyone the date so we can't move it again.  We already moved it up by 5months.

This parent problem we are dealing with now is my future MIL.  She wants us to have an extravant affair.  And she isn't sold on Merriman's either.  :(
    She wants a ballroom with a "wow effect"  I think she has seen too many episodes of Platinum Weddings. 

My FI and I want something simple, relaxed, yet classy.  I think Merriman's it.  But like you, I need some pics of actual weddings.  I went to their FB page and found a few pics, but if one of you Knotties has pics to share of your own wedding that would be great, and extremely helpful.
    TIA.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I think you guys will be the first on this board to get married there. So... I guess we're relying on you!
  • keltonskeltons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I ate dinner there in February and it was an absolutely beautiful location! Awesome sunset photos! I don't think you can go wrong with a reception there- the food was excellent too!! While we were there we saw a wedding on the beach next door (in front of the Ritz I think).

• fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also ate at Merriman's during our scouting trip in April.  It was the best meal we had on the island!  It's pricey, but they stick to local and organic ingredients - you can definitely taste the difference!  

We took a look at their ceremony sites - you can have the choice of renting out the pier or have the ceremony on an adjacent grassy lawn (which holds a limited number of people).  The views are fantastic, especially at sunset.  

My only gripes were, (a) the hefty site rental fees for limited/smallish locations and (b) it was quite windy (especially at sunset), since the pier is located right on the water/shoreline and open to the elements.  However, service was excellent and the food and view were absolutely amazing!  I'm sure you can't go wrong with this venue.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards