Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited March 2016 in Wedding Woes
I had an office day yesterday for training, so I only had time to lurk a bit.  Seeing my co-worker's was nice.  I had a good conversation with one of the managers I've known for a long time about working from home and my feelings on it after almost 5 years.  I think I have a very balanced PoV on it.  I don't *LOVE* it, but I do it because it makes the most sense for my family and I'm self-motivated enough for it to not affect my productivity/quality of my work.  And the yoga pants, sports bra, and messy bun look is my favorite. 

DH left Sunday morning and is OOT until Saturday.  So far, so good. I was musing yesterday that I wished my in-office day had been midweek because I would have been more 'ready' by then to see other adults.  We did go hang at my friend's house Sunday afternoon to watch the Pur(don't)due vs. Michigan State game.  The kids haven't driven me too crazy...yet. ;) 

Re: Tuesday!

• Oh and @6fsn...HAPPY BIRTHDAY M2!!!  :D 
  • I had to go to my client's office for a couple hours of work yesterday and came home to a clean bedroom.  DH was bored.  Score!  I had been putting off the clothing explosion for a few weeks.

DD2 has decided to be stubborn about eating lately and it's very hard.  We know she is actually hungry and likes the food I make, so I'm hoping this buttons-pushing phase will pass soon.

Tonight DD1 has baseball practice.  I hope it doesn't get rained out, as she's really looking forward to going.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's primary day and we have a school levy on the ballot. Polling locations almost look like presidential elections. 

I know I'm biased but m2 is so pretty sometimes it's creepy because she looks so much like Dh. 
  • I just dribbled coffee on myself.  One of those days.

Kept Wooz home sick yesterday.  She started running a fever at IKEA, of all places, on Sunday.  By the time we got her home, she was 101.5.  Even with Motrin, she bounced around between 101 and 102 for about 24 hrs before her fever finally broke yesterday afternoon.  DS decided to sleep until 8:00 (Hel-LO daylight savings time) yesterday morning, so I ended up keeping him home, too.  He loved the one-on-one attention while Wooz was sleeping.  Both kids were grumbly about getting up this morning, because yesterday just delayed the inevitable transition to DST.

High of 82 today, 84 tomorrow.  We've gone from winter clothes to summer in the blink of an eye.
  • My work is SO EFFING SLOW. I literally work maybe three hours per day. I've told the bosses how dramatically business has tapered off (we currently have about a third of the business that we had last year at this time) but no one tells me what to do with my time. So I knot and find useless busy work.

H and I didn't re-register in time when we moved so I have to drag his ass to our old town to vote tonight.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Rough day here. I dropped DH off at the airport this morning to leave for his new job. I was able to hold it together saying goodbye to him, but as soon as I got in the car I was a mess. I cried last night too, so I have an awful headache today and no motivation to focus on actual work. I really just want to go home and curl up on the couch with the dogs and watch movies, but I guess I will have plenty of time to do that in the next 3 months :/

• Rough day here. I dropped DH off at the airport this morning to leave for his new job. I was able to hold it together saying goodbye to him, but as soon as I got in the car I was a mess. I cried last night too, so I have an awful headache today and no motivation to focus on actual work. I really just want to go home and curl up on the couch with the dogs and watch movies, but I guess I will have plenty of time to do that in the next 3 months :/
    :( I'm sorry.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    *tiptoes in*

I had a situation happen yesterday that made me think "WWWWthink?"

The Bump is brutal yo: I outmeaned mean girls, got kicked off a private board because someone was lurkylooing and looking at "assumed" private chat boards (where I admittedly talked shit---turning the tables on the harpies).  Ha.  That was fun.  What a bunch of hypocrites---and honestly whatever small feels I had about eating humble pie were overshadowed by the irony and hypocrisy of it all.

In other news, nothing much is new with me.  I do see some new faces around here and hope everyone is doing well. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    So, you get kicked off the bump and come back to second string?  How you doing?

@thefanciestbeckler, I'm sorry.  I can't even imagine.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Oh, no I'm still over there, they can't kick me out!  No way.  It was just one well known private board over there that talks crap about everyone NOT in their group, but if you do that to them...hooo boy, watch out!

I just thought, the knotties would find it funny about how silly the whole thing is.

I'm doing well.  Still no babe in the belleh, but DH and I had a rough spot so it's probably best at this point.  I think it was the universe telling us to get our crap together.  Which is fine because why add stress to a situation that isn't 100% stable, right?  (justifying the disappointment, but also being honest)

I keep up with you ladies randomly and have perfected the art of not having too many damns to give about things.  :)

Your kiddos are getting so big 6!  I saw pictures this weekend and was all "no way!".
  • I have been wondering where you went, O.

@thefanciestbeckler, so sorry.
  • Hugs, @thefanciestbeckler! You and DH will make it through this. Make plans, decide on a few fun day trips for yourself. And I liked your idea about doing fun stuff in the yard! Also, I'm glad to hear you have dogs. I absolutely showered so much love and attention on our dog when FI was gone -- cuddles and sloppy kisses from furbabies help. When the weather was nice I took her out to the lake a few times, which was a nice way to get some sunshine and also have somebody (aside from FI) to ruin my sunbathing time:

As far as Tuesday goes on my end, nothing big happening. I'm on Spring Break, but just trying to get little odds and ends thrown together right now for the end of the week when I'll actually get out of town (finally!) to visit a friend. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 0face said:

The Bump is brutal yo:
    I got the fuck out of that place before I even hit second trimester. It's a terrible thing. I got a lot more support from my friends with kids.

Husband and son were both coughing last night and this morning, then husband went home early from work... no clue if son will end up at daycare or not (I hope he does), but I'll find out soon. My mom took him to music lessons this morning and will take him to daycare afterward. He already has a pediatrician appointment tomorrow, so we can get his mess checked out then. He's developed horrible seasonal allergies, so I'm sure it has something to do with that, not whatever funk his father has picked up.

He gets his first MMR and varicella tomorrow! I'm relieved!

• 0face said:
    *tiptoes in*

I had a situation happen yesterday that made me think "WWWWthink?"

The Bump is brutal yo: I outmeaned mean girls, got kicked off a private board because someone was lurkylooing and looking at "assumed" private chat boards (where I admittedly talked shit---turning the tables on the harpies).  Ha.  That was fun.  What a bunch of hypocrites---and honestly whatever small feels I had about eating humble pie were overshadowed by the irony and hypocrisy of it all.

In other news, nothing much is new with me.  I do see some new faces around here and hope everyone is doing well. 

TB used to be fantastic as a site to go and super supportive, then suddenly they kicked a TON of people off and it went to heck in a handbasket, the replacement group started strong then just as quickly fizzled.  TB left the super crunchy "how dare you give your child a FRUIT CUP! OMG! You're ABUSING your child!"... or if you really wanted to get them going, just post that you're turning your carseat at 16mo because your kid is the size of the average 3/4yo and can't wedge them into the thing without constantly bumping their head and there's nowhere left for the legs to go (a bigger issue for a kid who had a TBI already than the remote risk of a car accident)... 
  • Man, I feel like I need to go lurk at TB now just to go witness some drama. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Man, I feel like I need to go lurk at TB now just to go witness some drama. 

That place is crazy.  It makes the old-timey TK (pre-bannings, back in the AFB/P&E days) look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.
  • We had a cat just show up at our house back in the fall, our cat had died last summer so we kind of just adopted each other.  But, nobody can tell if the cat is a boy or girl, its so strange, she has very thick hair, but still - you would think we could tell, nope.  H dropped her (what I guess) off to get fixed, the 2 workers there couldn't tell either, one said def. boy because the head is so large?? The other said girl, either way hopefully we will know when when pick "it" up this afternoon.  She/It was named Anna, like frozen because she is orange, so if its a boy I need a new name, lol.
  • Olav or Sven?
  • edited March 2016
    We had a cat just show up at our house back in the fall, our cat had died last summer so we kind of just adopted each other.  But, nobody can tell if the cat is a boy or girl, its so strange, she has very thick hair, but still - you would think we could tell, nope.  H dropped her (what I guess) off to get fixed, the 2 workers there couldn't tell either, one said def. boy because the head is so large?? The other said girl, either way hopefully we will know when when pick "it" up this afternoon.  She/It was named Anna, like frozen because she is orange, so if its a boy I need a new name, lol.

I doubt the cat is aware that "anna" is a female name. I'd just leave it.

Edit: When I was a teenager I had a female hamster named Oswald. Didn't know he was a she for years.

• Prince Hans of the Southern Isles was a ginger.  But also a dick.

• In high school, my brother and I had 2 dwarf hamsters named Kevin and Judy. They were both male.

• We had a cat just show up at our house back in the fall, our cat had died last summer so we kind of just adopted each other.  But, nobody can tell if the cat is a boy or girl, its so strange, she has very thick hair, but still - you would think we could tell, nope.  H dropped her (what I guess) off to get fixed, the 2 workers there couldn't tell either, one said def. boy because the head is so large?? The other said girl, either way hopefully we will know when when pick "it" up this afternoon.  She/It was named Anna, like frozen because she is orange, so if its a boy I need a new name, lol.
    Several years I had a cat that was told was a girl by the people I adopted "her" from.  I never really bothered to check and verify.  Named "her" Isis.  Took the cat to the vet and discovered it was a boy.  He was already responding to the name, so we decided to keep the name.  He never knew the difference.

• With the first pair of dwarf hamsters I adopted I was told they were boys by the shelter so I named them Benjamin and Johann. Well they were girls so I switched it to Benjamina and Jolanda (pronounced like Yolanda). It didn't really matter because I called them Benny and Jo-jo (pronounced like Yo-yo) anyways. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nothing too big to report.  When I get home, I watch RuPaul's Drag Race.  I'm hoping this season is better than last season.  The queens were fine; it was the actual reality show itself that was started to be bad.  It's getting classist, where basically the queen with the most money that can buy the most expense/dramatic/stunning outfit can win so it was just looks, rather than charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent!

I went and voted in our primary. I can't wait for our damn primary to be over.  I'm going to be posting, "Now that the MO primary is over, I certainly hope all of my Sanders supporting friends who have been so passionately calling for change, get involved in our local elections and leaders as well to work for change on our local levels."  B/c I'm still pissed that not one local Sanders supporter said a damn thing about the Missouri filibuster in my FB/Twitter feeds, nor showed up to sign the thank you letters that our LGBTQ+ community set up to send those 8 senators, but hey, I'm supposed to care that you want some free college.  I have bigger things on my political plate like helping the fight against legalizing discrimination against an already marginalized community in this state AGAIN and I'm not sorry one damn bit that I don't care about these other issues.  /rant over

Work is work.  It's moving along. I am now Diva's dedicated paralegal which is some days alright, some days shot gun worthy.  For him, not me.  I really just want a new couch.  :smile: 
  • Timesheet Day.  Should have done it this morning.  Should have done it right after lunch.  Nope, put it off to the last minute, as usual.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a car named Princess. Took it to the vet to get "fixed", and it was a boy. I was little and really wanted a cat named princess so we kept it. 

Had ad a follow up with my knee surgeon today and it did not go well. I've still been having pain and movement problems three months out and his advice was essentially to just put up with it. I'm frustrated and exhausted (work is crazy, H and I are planning a house hunting trip) so had a total crying moment in front of my surgeon. I felt like her was dismissing me, my knee hurt, and I just couldn't stop the tears from coming. Now I feel really stupid and I'm in pain. 

At least I got to vote today. I love the little old lady polling volunteers. They're just so happy people are voting. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards