Wedding Invitations & Paper

OK to hand-print envelopes?

My cursive is legible but not the neatest, and my printing is much better. Is it OK to print on my envelopes rather than write in cursive?

Re: OK to hand-print envelopes?

• My cursive is legible but not the neatest, and my printing is much better. Is it OK to print on my envelopes rather than write in cursive?
    We did something along this line.  We purchased a felt tip pen called Elegant Writer.  We tried to print in slightly cursive print.  I inserted an index card, whose lines I traced over with a Sharpie, into the envelope so I had a guide to help me write neatly and straight.  
  • edited March 2016
    MobKaz said:
    My cursive is legible but not the neatest, and my printing is much better. Is it OK to print on my envelopes rather than write in cursive?
    We did something along this line.  We purchased a felt tip pen called Elegant Writer.  We tried to print in slightly cursive print.  I inserted an index card, whose lines I traced over with a Sharpie, into the envelope so I had a guide to help me write neatly and straight.  
    That's a great idea, @MobKaz!
  • Like she said, I'd use a slightly frilly print.  I've actually been told that my printing kinda looks like a font.  For my casual wedding, I might consider doing that since my cursive is pretty abominable.  And I want mail to get to its destination, so it better be readable.
  • Do what you are comfortable with. I did not think it was out of the ordinary until you said something! I think it’s fine.

• My cursive is legible but not the neatest, and my printing is much better. Is it OK to print on my envelopes rather than write in cursive?
    As long as they are done by hand, you are 100% etiquette approved!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • For my STDs I found a font I liked and printed addresses out on regular paper,  then I took carbon paper and traced over it in the nice font. I went back over it with a nice black marker. It was time consuming but it looked really good. I plan on doing it for my invites as well since my cursive is atrocious. 
  • @OurWildKingdom, I'm doing the same thing. I have some familiarity with calligraphy, so I'm using a frilly font, but it's still basic print. 

@CMGragain, can I just say I love your new user pic and sig? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I did this on mine because I can't do cursive either and have gotten a handful of compliments from recipients! I used a silver calligraphy pen on navy envelopes and used the lettermate (google it, it's a lifesaver!) to keep my spacing and lines straight. I used all capital letters and it turned out really nice.
  • @OurWildKingdom, I'm doing the same thing. I have some familiarity with calligraphy, so I'm using a frilly font, but it's still basic print. 

@CMGragain, can I just say I love your new user pic and sig? 
    Thank you.  It took DH four hours of cursing and snorting to finally figure out how to do it!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards