Wisconsin

Winter Wedding Venue Ceremony/Reception in Wisconsin? NOT A BARN

Hi, I've been desperately looking for a place to hold my ceremony and reception all in one place that isn't a barn. My fiance and I are born and raised Wisconsinites but we are not country in the least, and for the size wedding we are planning all that comes up are barns!!! it seems like there is nothing else in Wisconsin for weddings and its driving me crazy. We almost signed with Lake Windsor Golf Club but decided not to because I really hated the visual of walking through a bunch of dining tables and chairs to get to the room with the ceremony. I just feel lost and can't seem to find anything. I really like interesting architectural elements with my art history BA background, but anything I find like that requires an expensive membership, or are too massive/too small.

should I ditch the winter wedding idea entirely? I wanted to do it because that's around the same time we met and had our first date and when we got engaged. I can't do summer because I have a history of fainting in the heat. Spring I just detest, and everyone I know has gotten married in fall so it's overdone.... I just don't know.

Re: Winter Wedding Venue Ceremony/Reception in Wisconsin? NOT A BARN

• oh and we live up in stevens point/plover area, his family lives in south west wisconsin, my family lives in south east wisconsin. we are trying to find a middle location on top of a winter venue
  • That's a huge area of the state you have for options..  Ok.. your best bets to make everyone happy...  @Knottie1451569896 What size are you thinking???

The Dells has TONS of options available because it's off-peak season. 

You could check out Granite Peak as their main Chalet is beautiful but you'd be limited to not ski season but could get in on early winter...  There's another one between the Dells and Cascade Mtn. that's a resort but I can't think of the name that'd be a good central location.. 

In Appleton is the Houdini Museum... Oshkosh the EAA Museum...  Rapids has the Hotel Mead...  Cranberry Lodge in Tomah...  The Gerold in Weyauwega - incredibly unique as a venue!!!  Mascoutin Golf Course in Berlin...  The Dousman House in Prairie Du Chien..  Green Lake Conference Center...  Madison has tons of venues...  The FireSide in Ft. Atkinson...  YWCA Wausau...  Cedar Valley Center in West Bend...  Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc... 

• Hny65Hny65 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    If you are willing to be in Milwaukee, check out the South Shore Park Pavilion.
    http://county.milwaukee.gov/SouthShore222791.htm
    It's a historic landmark on Lake Michigan.  It has two beautiful wood beamed and brick indoor spaces, plus a foyer.  So maybe ceremony in one reception in other? I don't remember the exact layout. We tried getting married there, but it's really popular in the summer.  I remember it being more available in winter time in general.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards