Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

colors

Okay  brides my hubby and I are  planning our wedding and he wants to have the colors red, white and navy blue at first I was okay with it but now im having second thoughts about our color theme. Since hes military he  going to wear his class A's uniform ( which is a black button down jacket and  navy blue pants  with a yellow stripe going down the side.) Now im thinking about just dropping the navy blue and kepping the colors red ( red is his favorite color) and white and maybe adding yellow( since yellow is my favorite color) to the mix what do u think ladies???????

Re: colors

• Options
    monkey0919monkey0919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just curious so don't think I'm trying to be a snot.  Why do military guys always have to wear their class As when they get married?  If my husband were military, I'd be fine waiting for a military event to see him in Class As.  Would it kill them to spruce up and put on a tux?  I would think that they get to wear military clothing more often than they put on a tux.  I've been wondering about this for years.  I always wonder why you wouldn't separate the military life from the personal life, especially for something so special as a wedding.  So I'm interested from your perspective, why Class As?  And if you like yellow I'm sure it'll go nicely with red.  They'll both really stand out.
  • Options
    rhoades0612rhoades0612 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL thats a good point and i really dont know why he wants to wear his class A's but iIm fine with it i think its kinda sexy (lol) love a man in uniform. Matter of fact I will ask him when u comes home from work today.

Oh and thanks for your thoughts about the color theme. i didnt think it would go together that well.
  • Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also create inspiration boards, at snippet and ink, so that you can "see" how your colors work together.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks amoro i never knew that
  • Options
    shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally think the red and yellow could work!  Like Amoro mentioned, Snippet and Ink is an awesome resource for color inspiration boards, so you can get ideas of what shades of red/yellow ot use, and how to tie them together.  Hope that helps!

www.snippetandink.com

**Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• Options
    melissamack01melissamack01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a dark red/burgundy with ivory and it was beautiful, plus ivory looks good against the skin. I had hints of silver too, like in my necklace and on the centerpieces, in the flowers, etc; I got a lot of compliments on this color scheme...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thats sounds beautiful i love that idea melissa

• Options
    n5cuttingn5cutting member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like when men wear their uniform.  Being in the armed forces is a really big part of who they are.  I think it is just as formal as a tux.  dessy.com has a wonderful page where you can design your own wedding board.  It is really helpful for choosing colors. i think booth ideas sound great.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards