Chit Chat

Shit has hit the fan over on WeddingWire...

Re: Shit has hit the fan over on WeddingWire...

• NowIAmSyp said:
    WW's blow-up has made it over to Snarky Chickens (circle of snark) as well.  We (TK) are mentioned several times on that thread as well- it's actually really funny- I LOL'd several times

http://circleofsnark.com/index.php?threads/the-weddingwire-meltdown.2559/

ETA: link (is this allowed?)
    The comments on that thread re: The Knot were kind of hilarious.

Apparently I'm a huge bitch because I haven't been here very long, but I love it and most of the mean honest things people say here are things I'm saying in my head anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love that this WW blowup is basically identical as the ones here. And I love that those users are all "Let's get 'em! We're the users! They MUST listen to us! We're important! I DEMAND answers! I DEMAND changes!".

Honey, 15 angry wives mean nothing to WW. Or TK. Or anything, really. You can get all up in arms (as they did, and as has been done here) but I can assure you that no one cares. You, me, and a handful of angry regs are of no importance to the company.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I frequent WW because it can be fun. However, the last 3 weeks have been a shitfest. Expect refugees soon.
  • I frequent WW because it can be fun. However, the last 3 weeks have been a shitfest. Expect refugees soon.
    Are you sure?  I thought they hated us?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Well some shit is hitting the fan in our WW now. Self fulfilling prophecy I guess!
    Are you sure?  I thought they hated us?
    They were chatting about it in a thread before the mods hid it.
  • I was just in the middle of reading the thread in our WW and they deleted it. It was just starting to get good.
  • That OP's question had been cross posted at least three times and seems the other posts are gone too. Such as life. 

• I love that this WW blowup is basically identical as the ones here. And I love that those users are all "Let's get 'em! We're the users! They MUST listen to us! We're important! I DEMAND answers! I DEMAND changes!".

Honey, 15 angry wives mean nothing to WW. Or TK. Or anything, really. You can get all up in arms (as they did, and as has been done here) but I can assure you that no one cares. You, me, and a handful of angry regs are of no importance to the company.

LOL obviously. @KnotRiley obviously thought it was easier just to acquiesce to deleting the thread, even though "we don't do that," rather than let it stay and just ban the member. Am I surprised?

LOL obviously. @KnotRiley obviously thought it was easier just to acquiesce to deleting the thread, even though "we don't do that," rather than let it stay and just ban the member. Am I surprised?
    SITB 

I can't say I blame her.  I was in it from the beginning and even I was confused!

SITB 

I can't say I blame her.  I was in it from the beginning and even I was confused!
    I do agree that the thread wasn't really adding anything but entertainment value.
  • all I know is I'm a little scared to be in HI at the same time as BSC pants. I'm going to make sure I don't make any new friends and certainly won't talk about TK to be safe
  • kvruns said:
    all I know is I'm a little scared to be in HI at the same time as BSC pants. I'm going to make sure I don't make any new friends and certainly won't talk about TK to be safe
    And definitely don't mention almond oil in public while you're there. 
  • kvruns said:
    all I know is I'm a little scared to be in HI at the same time as BSC pants. I'm going to make sure I don't make any new friends and certainly won't talk about TK to be safe

sparklepants41: And definitely don't mention almond oil in public while you're there

wtf was that. I'm sad I missed the original before she edited to that. Maybe she was thinking of coconut oil where people swish it to get rid of impurities. I'm sure she felt everyone on that thread was impure and must need almond oil

(might be stretching a bit on that one haha)

• KnotRiley said:
    Hey all- sorry about deleting the content. It was a bit of a mix up but that thread has been restored and the user banned. 

etf: spelling
    <<  heads on over to WW to read during boring conference call >>

• kvruns said:
    kvruns said:

sparklepants41: And definitely don't mention almond oil in public while you're there

wtf was that. I'm sad I missed the original before she edited to that. Maybe she was thinking of coconut oil where people swish it to get rid of impurities. I'm sure she felt everyone on that thread was impure and must need almond oil

(might be stretching a bit on that one haha)

I'm not sure - but it was so far out in left field that it kind of scared me a little.
  • I didn't know Wedding Wire hated us; I thought it was just the bees. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I haven't laughed so hard at a thread in ages! Tears in my eyes!
    The Butthurt form is amazing. 
    @LondonLisa
    What show were those gifs from? Those insults are amazing. You look like you shit a lego garage. Comedy gold! 

• I was really hoping the almond oil was a response to me, but I missed it before she DD. To that. I'm actually impressed at her powers of randomization or imagination in replacing her content.
  • I'm going to use "almond oil". Here and there. I'm just going to put it there in my back pocket with "improve personal quality".

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    @LondonLisa
    What show were those gifs from? Those insults are amazing. You look like you shit a lego garage. Comedy gold! 
    Trying to find this... I must have missed something?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I fucked up quoting the almond oil comment.  Before that it was something along the lines of us being mean, and questioning why we were continuing to post.  

@LondonLisa
    It's somewhere in the middle. @mrs.conn23 posted it. 

@LondonLisa
    It's from The Thick of It. It's hilarious, I highly recommend.

@LondonLisa
    It's from The Thick of It. It's hilarious, I highly recommend.
    Cool, thanks! By the description I'd bet I'd like it. I don't have a Hulu subscription though. A free trial is perhaps in my future. 

• madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    I haven't laughed so hard at a thread in ages! Tears in my eyes!
    @LondonLisa
    It's somewhere in the middle. @mrs.conn23 posted it. 
    OMG, thank you! I have found my morning entertainment.

ETA - I just finished reading, and HOLY.SHIT. That was hilarious. I saw the original thread yesterday before the crazy really started, and I didn't expect it to go that far! Good times.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @thisismynickname, (can't quote)

I heard on a The Nest post that Hulu has a free option for their site, but you have to seriously hunt for the signup because it isn't advertised on the main pages.  The poster said the offerings are a little more limited, but the majority of stuff is still there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thisismynickname, (can't quote)

I heard on a The Nest post that Hulu has a free option for their site, but you have to seriously hunt for the signup because it isn't advertised on the main pages.  The poster said the offerings are a little more limited, but the majority of stuff is still there.

Oh, good to know! When I found the show, it looked like they showed both options- free and with subscription, and free wasn't highlighted. I'll keep that in mind for other stuff. 

I'm eagerly awaiting the launch of the Gilmore Girls reboot so I can use a free Netflix trial for that one. 
    All we have is regular cable, no streaming services. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards