Chit Chat
Options

Flip the script: good advice from bad sources!

I started a side eye thread based on based advice from a FB group.

Today someone on the same page asked if cash bars are tacky and rude and the overwhelming response was....YES!  There is a teeny, tiny, light at the end of the Bridezilla tunnel.  I mean it's like a pin prick of light in a black hole, but I'll take it!

So, what good advice have you found where you least expected it?

Re: Flip the script: good advice from bad sources!

• Options
    A lady I work with had this over the top, full of etiquette nightmares wedding last year. She pulled me aside today and asked if I needed any advice because she was happy to tell me what not to do based on what she learned after her wedding. I thanked her and told her I would let her know if I had any questions.
  • Options
    adk19 said:
    ernursej said:
    A lady I work with had this over the top, full of etiquette nightmares wedding last year. She pulled me aside today and asked if I needed any advice because she was happy to tell me what not to do based on what she learned after her wedding. I thanked her and told her I would let her know if I had any questions.
    I would totally ask her for just general advice.  See what she says.  I'm curious what people who don't know etiquette say about etiquette.
    And then report back here

• Options
    adk19 said:
    ernursej said:
    I would totally ask her for just general advice.  See what she says.  I'm curious what people who don't know etiquette say about etiquette.
    We used to joke about an old friend writing a relationship advice column because she thought her horrible tactics were brilliant. She would talk about how badly she wanted to get married but she was only dating couples at the time. She was the queen of random one night stands (and more power to her, this was one of my favorite things about her) but her standards were super wacky and when she was interested in a dude she was really mean to him. Ultimately, I know she will find someone perfect for her because she is so picky but no one else would have success following her lead.
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    adk19 said:
    ernursej said:
    And then report back here
    Pleeeeeez!
  • Options

I might just ask some random questions to see what her responses would be.

**quote button still not working, but I know they are working on things ...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards