Chit Chat

Holy dress budget

Sorry if this is already on here somewhere, but

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2016/03/30/billionaire-russian-wedding/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl17%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-432151193

I wonder how heavy that dress is. And I'm pretty sure that cake is bigger than my first apartment.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Holy dress budget

• Just looking at those photos makes me want to sneeze!
  • I know, right? I love flowers but I think the smell of that huge wall of flowers would overwhelm even the biggest room.
  • That cake.  Wow. Either some slices are huge or some don't have much frosting :(
  • That poor girl probably couldn't even sit down, never mind dance. And personally, I'd be terrified that I would spill something, so no eating or drinking. A hungry, thirsty, achy, cranky bride probably made for a lovely wedding night!
  • If you read the comments, someone said they should have hired a better photographer.  I love that someone confused instagram pictures for professional photos. 

Poor SO would die in a room like that.  I probably would get a migraine.  

• That poor girl probably couldn't even sit down, never mind dance. And personally, I'd be terrified that I would spill something, so no eating or drinking. A hungry, thirsty, achy, cranky bride probably made for a lovely wedding night!

***Stuck in the box

I don't even think walking in it looks very possible. But, they did pay over $1 million for a dress, so maybe they paid a person (or 20) to carry her around.
  • I know that love doesn't have an age, but I can't believe she is 20! I look back at my 20 year old self and I have changed and matured a lot. I couldn't figure out how old the groom was.

• ernursej said:

I know that love doesn't have an age, but I can't believe she is 20! I look back at my 20 year old self and I have changed and matured a lot. I couldn't figure out how old the groom was.

Lord, am I glad I didn't marry my ex when I was twenty.  Not that this is close to the same thing.  I'm sure there was a large amount of matchmaking present in this marriage.  

• @levioosa Probably ... not sure if that makes it better or worse. My Mom grew up with a lady who had an arranged marriage and they just celebrated some higher number anniversary a few years ago. I suppose it can work. I'm glad my parents didn't arrange my marriage ... I'd be knee deep in babies with the next door neighbour kid if they were in charge!

• @ernursej I'm not sure if that makes it better or worse either.  I personally wouldn't want an arranged marriage, but I respect those who are a part of it.  

• Heffalump said:
    drglitter said:
    Sorry if this is already on here somewhere, but

http://www.stylemepretty.com/2016/03/30/billionaire-russian-wedding/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl17%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D-432151193

I wonder how heavy that dress is. And I'm pretty sure that cake is bigger than my first apartment.
    I hope she has a hoverboard under there so she can just glide from place to place.  One of the ones that doesn't catch fire, ideally.
    I just had a spit-out-my coffee moment. Seriously dying [OF LAUGHTER] right now!
  • I mean... all practicality aside, it really does seem like a fairy tale come to life. That dining room is insane. 
    Hopefully the favors included Benadryl or Claritin. 

I follow a haut couture account on Instagram and Ellie Saab is a frequent feature. Those gowns are to die for. 

• Can you imagine the florist's reaction to the final count/numbers?  Cha-ching. They don't have to do another wedding this year!

I like this comment in the comments section, and I believe it's true.  Over kill:

I have done lots of weddings and this one , while beautiful, is just too much. It distracts from the bride, the wedding party and the things that are supposed to be the focal points of a wedding.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I was thinking the same thing CharmedPam.

Beautiful details, but TOO MUCH. EVERY detail is over the top, it becomes overwhelming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards