Wedding Woes

Thursday

2»

Re: Thursday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Of course now I'm in and entirely different boat.  I used to be able to add some extra beans, veggies, rice and squeak by on cook once eat twice.  Now I have to double things.  I buy 2 loafs of bread at a time and FIL brings 3-4 (5-6) dozen eggs at a time.  It's already outrageous and they are 3-7.  13-17 will be a killer.
  • VarunaTT said:
    IDK why, but I'm terrible at eating food I've frozen for later.  It just sits in the freezer until I have to throw it out.  I gave up on that years ago.
    I feel like this would be me. I think I would forget about it or make a bunch of excuses up as to why I don't feel like eating it if it was in the freezer. I'm going to give half of it to my mom probably. It was really really good - kind of an inside-out stuffed bell pepper dish that I made up on the fly - and I don't want it to go to waste.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    VarunaTT said:
    IDK why, but I'm terrible at eating food I've frozen for later.  It just sits in the freezer until I have to throw it out.  I gave up on that years ago.

I was working swing shift most of the time I was cooking for 1 though.  It was nice to have a hot dinner on 3-11.
  • I am also bad about cooking frozen things. I very rarely want a meal with sides while I am by myself. I keep smaller things I know I will eat but that are pretty easily expanded on if I decide to make something. I will pick up one of those rotisserie chickens from the grocery store and debone it. Then use it in wraps, rice, or bbq sandwiches throughout the week. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards