Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

The sun is shining.  It's not supposed to rain for 6 whole days.  WHAT?!  I think spring is finally deciding to come around.  :D  I hope we can eat dinner on the deck soon. 

DH is going to 3rd shift starting Sunday. He's hoping to get Friday off so that he has more than a day to get 'turned around'.  He's excited.   The last time he worked 3rd, it a) wasn't a true 3rd and b ) we weren't living together.  So we'll see how this goes. He's going to be managing a new dept and doing something totally different than what he's doing now.  It's good stuff for his resume.  :)  There's also a possibility that they're going to a 4x10 schedule, therefore DH might be able to go to a 4 day (Sun-Wed night) schedule as well.  That would be awesome, but we're not holding our breath.

I don't think I'll mind sleeping in the middle of the bed.  ;)  We do need to get blackout curtains for our bedroom...it faces east and the sun blasts in as soon as it's up.  

This summer will be an interesting experiment with having the kids home, DH trying to sleep all day, and me working from home.  We'll all hopefully live through it unscathed.  ;)

Re: Tuesday!

• Good luck with the change @mrs.conn23 !  My dad worked nights most of my life.  We always liked when he got home in time for breakfast before school.

Today is my Thursday!  I'm so happy, but I have so much to do before leaving for my girls trip to South Beach.  I have never deserved a mojito and a beach so much in my life.

Dad is home from the hospital, he cooked a healthy dinner, made it through Day 1 at home without a cigarette and the craziest part...he and my mom are best friends (divorced since 1985) and decided they want to get a 2 bedroom apartment together!  My mom is Deaf/Blind and currently lives in a HUD Senior Apartment and hates it, and my dad won't smoke in front of her.  So he pitched it to her as "you can help me quit smoking and eat better and I can help you so you never have to take the bus again" and it's cheaper for both of them.  Not sure how well it's going to work, but hey, let's try it!
  • I'm on an all-day meeting, today. This will be tedious. I am scheduled to present for all of 10 minutes today, mid-afternoon. They asked me to fly in to participate, but I would have had to go on Sunday and come back Wednesday, so I suggested calling in, instead. (I don't mind travelling, but I'm happy that I didn't given the post-flu bronchitis - it sucks being sick in a hotel.)
  • Sounds like your week is off to a good start, @mrs.conn23!

I got dressed in the dark today... And it shows.  It's truly a trainwreck.  

My insomnia is back hardcore, which sucks, but I'll take that over the sleepwalking.  I tend to sleepwalk when I'm stressed, and FI has been less than helpful in wedding planning.  He's such a procrastinator.  It's probably the only thing I would change about him, if I could change anything at all.  I hate doing things at the last minute.  It's one of those things that would raise my hackles if I were a bear.  So anyway, I laid in bed listening to the rain on the roof and my dogs snore for most of the night.  It was peaceable enough, but I know I'll crash around lunchtime.

I love rainy days.

FI's oldest and stoutest friend called last night.  He can't come to the wedding, because he mixed up the date (how??  what??  I don't even...).  FI is really bummed, the most I've ever seen him.  I understand.  Not one single person from my side of the family is coming to the wedding... and they're all local.  I know it saves us thousands in costs, but it's still really disappointing.  And it's embarrassing, given how much notice they got and how FI's family is flying in from NM, and mine doesn't even want to Uber the 10 miles to the venue.  I pretend like it doesn't bother me.  What's to be gained from being bothered by it?

But it does bother me.  Massively.

C'est la vie.

We had stir fry last night.  I love easy weeknight meals.  I can't wait for the summer fruits and veggies to really come into season.  Hopefully in my garden :smiley: 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @kimmiinthemitten - have a great girl's trip to South Beach!  I just got back from a girl's trip there and it was wonderful!  I want to go back soon!

• I'm counting down the minutes until I can take Son to school and then come home and eat bacon.  I found a package in the freezer and it felt like finding money.  It's just what I need this morning.

DD1 had her first game last night.  She did great and looks adorable in her uniform.  She picked 26, the same number as her big brother.

My DH is the best.  While I was at a client's yesterday he did laundry, picked up the house, prepped supper, grilled chicken for tonight's supper (chicken alfredo), and did the dishes.

• I hope you both like the third shift, Mrs.Conn!

Sometimes my husband works overnights and I like it for like, 2 hours. He's nutty about home security and locking doors and stuff and I think that's rubbed off on me. When he's not home, I get that creepy irrational feeling that someone's watching me.

Heffa - how scary for your daughter! That's awesome that she got back on after. I'm glad she's okay!

Last night we picked up H's motorcycle that he'd been storing at my dad's. Now we have to get his safe from his dad's and then we will have all of our things at our house. This has never happened.

Today I came into work early to get extra hours. I'm hoping to work 7:30-5 today, Wednesday and Thursday so I can leave Friday morning at 10 and have 40 hours. But it really sucks when there is no work for me to do.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited April 2016
    I had a hard time getting up this morning and I am not really sure why. I took a hot bath with epson salts and wine last last night. 

@Heffalump  sorry to hear about Wooz's spill. Glad she bounced back, I have fallen off many, many times. It's good for ya, ;)

@AtomicBlonde I feel you 100%. We tried very hard to make coming to our wedding as affordable as possible, and gave people almost a year of advance notice. But some of my oldest and dearest friends never even looked into the costs and have made no effort to save money. Most days I understand and am rational about it but some days you can't help but feel a little hurt. *hugs* it will okay, it will still be a beautiful day.
  • I'm super sleepy today - the wind was howling all night and I didn't sleep well as a result. I'm also quite sore from my PT appointment yesterday.

Last night I started watching Nothing Left Unsaid - the HBO special with Anderson Cooper and his mom, Gloria Vanderbilt. I'm hooked. It's amazing. The thought of being able to finish watching it tonight when I get home from work is what's keeping me going today.
  • I am so bored, y'all. All of my responsibilities have been turned over to my replacement who works in an office 2 1/2 hours away from here. So I'm basically at work just in case she has any questions. It's a good thing that DH and I are low on money right now, otherwise I'd be shopping online all day.

3 more days. Just 3 more days. I can do this.

• bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016
    I recommend not reading a book.  It's what I most definitely don't do when I have slow work days.  But thinking about how much I don't really want to read and how much less interesting my current book is and how much more entertained I could be if I had work instead of a book I'm not reading definitely helps pass the time.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I really just want to be in bed... or at home reading and not having to think.

This week's theme seems to place me as everyone's "magical problem solver"... or that's what everyone is expecting. And while I'm solving all these problems, I'm getting further behind on all my other work. Today I may be making progress on some miracles though.  I got one reviewer to agree to look at my stuff early, right after he told me that he absolutely 100% cannot do it early and I have 11 people ahead of me and it will take at least 2 weeks... I just have to get one other person on board, which I think should be easy to do. Then I have a city hearing to present at tonight where I'm expected to be brilliant, but I have doubts about whether things will go our way or not. I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm fairly good at this stuff, and that's why they hire me. 

• I just cut a friend out of my life with a big old bridge burning e-mail.  There have been some issues for awhile; she just told me that people are telling her I called her a slut and to avoid her because she uses people.  Now, this is all a lie (I can't even imagine where it came from), but I'm super pissed that she even believes I would use slut as a pejorative against any person, much less a friend.  I was tired of the drama, so #byefelicia and #blockedfelicia

I also didn't want to work today.  It's the week before my period starts though, so it's common.  Also the program I have to use to keep track of my time pisses me off right before my period starts.  I've given up and just keep track on a pad of paper and transfer it after my period is over.  There is no reason why it pisses me off, it just does.

But, I'm planning a camping trip soon, so I'm now officially looking forward to that.
  • I have a big ol' pile of documents to read and review this week (800+ pages).  I haven't touched it.  I have meetings I told my boss I scheduled.  I haven't so much as looked at a calendar.  I don't know what I've done the last 7-1/2 hours, but it hasn't been a lot.

--Philip Pullman

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm sitting in the sunshine watching the kids go to town with sidewalk chalk.  Life is good.  

Ive had a ton of work this week. One project was lining up interviews for summer interns. It made me all nostalgic for college- the excitement to get an interview then to get an internship and the adventure of picking up and moving. 

• edited April 2016
    Turns out my "not feeling well" at the conference this weekend is acute sinus + ear infections. 

awesome. 

ETA: I had a final meeting with my senior seminar class and they almost made me cry in public. They're good students and have a lot of respect for one another, I'm proud of them. It made it feel real and sad I'm leaving this job in just a few weeks. 
  • @Heffalump I had no idea crazy hair day was a thing. Walking my dogs this evening, I saw three kids with orange, green, and blue hair, so I guess it's pretty commonplace? No glitter though. Back when I was a kid, we pretty much only had field day.

--Philip Pullman

• Turns out my "not feeling well" at the conference this weekend is acute sinus + ear infections. 

awesome. 

ETA: I had a final meeting with my senior seminar class and they almost made me cry in public. They're good students and have a lot of respect for one another, I'm proud of them. It made it feel real and sad I'm leaving this job in just a few weeks. 

@charlotte989875ugh, feel better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards