Wedding Woes

Wednesday

DefConn asked if it was Friday this morning.  Don't we all wish?

Everyone in my house can feel that it's thisclose to being warm and nice more often than not.  They're definitely showing signs of spring fever.  

DH is adorably excited about his new shift and team.  He's recruiting people to come to nights with him and he's all excited when he gets a new person to commit. 

I could go for a nap already. 

Re: Wednesday

• bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    I had a dream about Zach Galifianakis last night.  It was so bizarre.  He both was and was not ZG and my ex-BF at the same time (when he didn't shave, there was a slight resemblance)...  And I wish I could say it was the first time I've had that dream this week.

It isn't.

Not sure why I'm suddenly thinking about my ex.  Or ZG, which is equally as questionable.  So random.

It was finally gorgeous last night, and I was able to finally do something about my garden.  Namely replant all the iris bulbs Hiccup dug up.  Again.  I don't think I'm going to rescue another terrier (sarcasm font).  Too many holes in the yard.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• DH is adorably excited about his new shift and team.  He's recruiting people to come to nights with him and he's all excited when he gets a new person to commit. 

That is adorable.  I'm picturing the whole recruiting sequence in Ocean's Eleven.
    https49mediatumblrcomd78871c2d4b10c309da1762a8d9f4079tumblr_mmk3h7VaqW1qaxm50o1_500gif

Finally got all the colored hairspray out of DS's hair last night...  Today is costume day and he was overjoyed to wear his shark costume to school.

Amen to spring fever.  Planning another hike after riding this Saturday, this time someplace none of us have ever been.  I am loving this window between freezing and roasting! 

Ditto on the nap.  Has anyone seen my motivation lying around?  I could sure use some right now.
  • I'm glad your DH is excited, conn.  I hope this change will be great for everyone.

I'm catching up on some much-needed cleaning.  My routine has been thrown off for one reason or another for the past month and the speed cleaning just isn't cutting it anymore.  Today everything is getting a deep clean.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Our internet is being a PITA and that's making work a little difficult. 

Otherwise SSDD.
  • I accidentally paid our car payment twice this month. I'm not upset about it, but H kind of is. He needs a new bass amp. I file a bass amp under "fun money" and he considers it a "must buy" like groceries or the mortgage.

I paid the full season ticket amount for all four tickets so three people owe us money. As soon as we're paid, he'll get his amp. Until then, I must hear about basses and amps for 47 hours per day.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I was disappointed when I woke up this morning and realized that it was Wednesday, and not Thursday. 

Positives:
    1. Playoff Hockey! Let's Go Pens!!!
    2. Lunch & Learn = free lunch today.
    3. Finishing up the bronchitis meds, and I'm feeling better. 
    Negatives:
    1. It's Wednesday morning - another ~17 hours of work to go before I'm done for the week. (It's my Friday off.)
    I'm excited for the 2 trips that I have planned in April and May. I need to start looking into our PA/family obligation trip in July/August, and figure out somewhere else we can go this year. (With Wolverine starting public school, we'll probably be more limited on dates, so this will take some doing - maybe I can overlap with Christmas break.) 

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    I stayed up way too late last night.  K did her drag on roller skates.  Yes, I've watched her skate really fast and thump people and run on her toe stops on a track; a 3 foot stage is a whole 'nother matter.  BUT, it was really cool and fun to watch through my fingers with keys in hand for ER trip.  ;)  I'm totally smitten, by the way and have to keep myself from gushing here, to friends, and just basically all over my life about how smitten I am (and my entirely conflicting feelings about all of this b/c let me tell you, there are LOTS).

Other than that, SSDD.  I'm planning a quick and dirty camping trip for next week.  We're just hitting a small state park that's only about half an hour out, for an overnight trip, but I am so ready to be outside and hearing nothing.  I have a committee meeting tonight that I just don't.want.to.do, but that's not an option.
  • I finally got my STD addressed, now they just have to make it to the post office. Its been crazy busy at work, I'm ready for the weekend.

My mom is in the process of selling her business. Well the stress of it has caused her to break out in shingles. She is miserable right now.

Tonight is my non-profit meeting. Mass quantities of wine are in the forecast for tonight.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week man. Just ugh. One of my managers had heart problems so she's been out unexpectedly. She and I have worked together for over 5 years and she's awesome so I'm hoping everything is okay. On the flip, I've had to pick up some slack to cover for her and it just doesn't come at a great time. 

In in other news, my line manager thinks that come May it would be feasible for me to apply to other positions internally so I'm looking forward to that. 

I am still stressing that DS won't get any RSVPs for his birthday party. We got one official one, and he said that a few kids at school said they were coming. I'm hoping that we'll get more towards the end of next week. I know why this stresses me out, and it's silly, but I guess there could be worse things. 
  • @AtomicBlonde  re: ex dreams

I had a dream about a random ex the other night. Nice guy and all, "perfect on paper" but we weren't meant to be.
    The very next morning while I was on the bus gazing out the window, I saw him walk by on the sidewalk. 

Is it weird that I have these odd "premonition" type dreams sometime? This is not the first time someone has made an appearance in my dream, someone I haven't seen/spoken to in ages, and then they have a real presence in my life the next day. 

• Home sick today. I swear the cat and dog know I'm sick so they're taking turns snuggling at the foot of the bed with me. It's against the rules that they're in the bedroom but I'm too tired to care. 
  • @AtomicBlonde  re: ex dreams

I had a dream about a random ex the other night. Nice guy and all, "perfect on paper" but we weren't meant to be.
    The very next morning while I was on the bus gazing out the window, I saw him walk by on the sidewalk. 

Is it weird that I have these odd "premonition" type dreams sometime? This is not the first time someone has made an appearance in my dream, someone I haven't seen/spoken to in ages, and then they have a real presence in my life the next day. 
    This happens to me with more regularity than I care to admit.  It's like we have these weird psych(ic)(o) connections with random people in our lives, and it's more than a little bizarre.  

For me, though, it's not just dreams.  Out of the blue, I'll just randomly think of something or someone, and BAM!  It's an immediate presence in my life again.  Last week, I was feeding my dogs, and I randomly thought about my FI's grandmother's dog, who had been experiencing a gradual decline in health for some time.  "I wonder how Peanut is doing," I thought, and within literally 3 hours, she called to tell us they'd had to put Peanut down.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• edited April 2016
    Home sick today. I swear the cat and dog know I'm sick so they're taking turns snuggling at the foot of the bed with me. It's against the rules that they're in the bedroom but I'm too tired to care. 
    I hope you feel better! And our dog does this too. Animals truly have amazing intuition.

Enjoy those puppy/kitty snuggles and watch lots of crappy daytime tv.

**Edited because I left out a word.
  • Thanks @sparklepants41. I'm watching the West Wing and snuggling with the puppy. 
  • @thefanciestbeckler oh I loooove working notice. It's truly the golden era in any job! When do you start your new role? 

Today was long and frustrating, I hate having to work on someone else's schedule. I'm someone that likes to just crack on and get shit done but my boss is the type to make you wait around for an hour and then debate minutia instead of making real decisions. Ugh, FML today. 

This week isn't all bad though as I've got tickets for Wimbledon in July and the Netball Superleague finals in May. I am so excited!

• edited April 2016
    @thefanciestbeckler oh I loooove working notice. It's truly the golden era in any job! When do you start your new role? 

Today was long and frustrating, I hate having to work on someone else's schedule. I'm someone that likes to just crack on and get shit done but my boss is the type to make you wait around for an hour and then debate minutia instead of making real decisions. Ugh, FML today. 

This week isn't all bad though as I've got tickets for Wimbledon in July and the Netball Superleague finals in May. I am so excited!
    It really is the golden era! I'll probably even wear jeans tomorrow even though it isn't Friday. Living on the wild side, ya know? ;)

I start my new job on Monday. I found out this week that the new job is very casual and people wear jeans whenever they want. My inner self was like:

I'm taking Friday to get adult things done, like renewing my tag and changing my name on my driver's license. Also getting my hair done, which is pretty much a necessity for starting a new job, right?

ETA- I'm sorry you've had a frustrating day!!! Your boss sounds a lot like the "interim manager" we have right now. Bleh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards