Wedding Woes

Thursday

DefConn tried saying it was Friday today.  Sorry bud.  Also, they're having a playground picnic tomorrow at school and I have to pack a lunch for him.  He's been asking for 3 days to pack his lunch.  Silly child.  

They're having a bowling party/field trip next Friday.  DH is going to be a parent volunteer.  Good luck with the class of 5 year old's who are going to be running around with a bunch of heavy balls that are to be thrown down a lane.  :D 

I just realized I'm taking 10.5 days off work for 2 vacations this year.  That is freaking fantastic. 

The last couple weeks have seemed so long.  I know I am ready for the weekend right now.  

Re: Thursday

• First @NOLABridesmaid posted about getting off the plantation earlier this week, and then last night DH said basically the same thing.  I think the grind is starting to get to people.

I've come down with a bad cold.  I kind of wanted to stay home, but I felt like I could get to work, so I did.  I'm still not sure it was the right call.  My voice is about gone, but hey--excuse to stay in my office and not talk to anyone, right?

Poor DS was asking if he could "stay in pa-yamas a li'l bit?" this morning, and I had to tell him sorry, no, not today.  I wanted to stay in my PJs, too.

It's Thursday, but the weekend feels too far away, and this coffee is doing nothing for me.

httpsmediariffsycomimages93c23b9d4824283e82c6294f9602f871raw

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It kind of is my Friday. We have the 1st grade musical at6:30 tonight.  My folks and FIL and sMIL are coming for dinner then heading over.  My folks are taking the kids with them tonight until Saturday morning.  6let is stoked to get to play hooky tomorrow.

Good news: Tomorrow night is Garth Brooks concert!!

Bad news: I got asked if I was pregnant last night.  A grown ass woman came up to me "Is there something you want to tell me? Something big? and exciting?"
    My reply "I'm not pregnant if that's what you're getting at." She turned red and ran out the door.

• Heffalump said:

Poor DS was asking if he could "stay in pa-yamas a li'l bit?" this morning, and I had to tell him sorry, no, not today.  I wanted to stay in my PJs, too.

Aww. It must have been the morning for going back to bed. DefConn was very upset he couldn't get back under the covers after breakfast and had to get dressed instead.  

Also, BOO to a spring cold.  
  • I am so ready for the weekend.  The work is week is just too damn long. Also, it's raining again.

Last night FI wanted ice cream, so I drove us to DQ. I wanted a dish of ice cream, twist, with rainbow sprinkles, and that is what I ordered.  FI ordered a blizzard.

We pulled around to the window and paid, and then sat there.  For 15 minutes.  No one came to the window to tell us what was with the delay, and I couldn't see anyone inside working, either.  This was beyond ridiculous.  FINALLY someone comes to the window, he had to have been 15, hands us FI's blizzard, says, "Sorry for the delay, the ice cream machines aren't working" (?????), and then closes the window.  Um... ?  There are now 3 cars behind us.

Five more minutes later, he comes back, hands me a mostly melted dish of vanilla ice cream with 3 rainbow sprinkles.  THREE!  I hand it back, saying, "I asked for twist.  That's chocolate AND vanilla."

This kid looks at me and goes pale and says, "Oh, I'm sorry, we don't have chocolate ice cream."  What the flying fk?  Assuming that's even true, THAT'S INFORMATION YOU TELL CUSTOMERS WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT, BEFORE THEY PULL AROUND TO THE WINDOW AND PAY FOR SOMETHING THEY WON'T GET.  Also.  What?  How does no chocolate ice cream at an ice cream shop even happen?

I should have asked to speak to his manager, but I asked for my money back and went to Publix.  Where the ice cream case had the nerve to tell me vanilla was a "Better Choice" than my Thin Mint ice cream.

I'm still livid.  And I didn't even want ice cream at first!

Oh, well, at least the DQ in the food court is good, so I have something to look forward to for lunch. FFS.

Oh, and bosswoman informally scheduled a staff meeting for this afternoon that conflicts with another meeting I have. When I pointed this out to her, she said, "Oh I did see something on your calendar for that time, but I thought it wasn't important. Reschedule that." Um.  I can't. It's been on the calendar for two weeks.  Ugh.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm getting a pedicure after work today. Tomorrow I will need to work an hour and a half to get 40 for the week so I'm working 7:30-9 and then going to St. Louis! I'm excited. Maybe I'll see if my boss is in a good mood and if he'll float me that hour and a half.

I have a busy-ass weekend. Saturday we come home from St. Louis, I have a wedding celebration thing and Sunday I'm meeting a former Knottie/internet friend for the first time. So that's exciting.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn said:

Bad news: I got asked if I was pregnant last night.  A grown ass woman came up to me "Is there something you want to tell me? Something big? and exciting?"
    My reply "I'm not pregnant if that's what you're getting at." She turned red and ran out the door.

• Poor DefConn, I know the pain:

So, I realized that I had forgotten to refill my iron supplement for probably about a month (#divorceproblems is that I don't have my "backups" closet all set up yet and #divorceyays I don't have to go the store as often).  Finally got to it and started it back up yesterday.  Slept like a baby and have a lot more energy this morning.  Purely anecdotal, but each time I've started the iron, the benefits always seem to be immediately apparent.

My entire world is starting to focus around Pride planning.  Which is partly fine and partly annoying, but hey, that's what happens.  This weekend is full of that and probably seeing K and that's about it.

• 6fsn said:

httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom736x3d66ae3d66ae8baafbed11b7ab8e0094bbf370jpg
    httpwwwreactiongifscomwp-contentuploads201303does-not-get-itgif

• Who asks a woman if she's pregnant? Like seriously I feel like that's a lesson EVERYONE should be taught at a young age...

DH and I are going to see a concert with his cousin tonight. It doesn't start until 9pm and goes until Midnight. We just looked at the venue and it's all standing room... I have a feeling we are too old for this concert. Idk how I'm going to be awake from 5:30am this morning to 12am tonight. Luckily DH is awesome and has agreed to drive home (~1.5hrs). I feel bad for always making him drive late at night but I'm seriously afraid for our safety should I be the driver... I don't do well when I'm tired and driving. I told him I'll make it up to him by being DD for 9 months hopefully soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I'm still floored about it!!!  I've never been asked  before.  I was thinking my stomach was getting smaller, but I guess not.  whomp whomp
  • Yesterday my phone rings and it says Alfred Angelo. I got so excited thinking my dress came in early. Nope. The lady who sold me my dress just wanted to see how the planning was going. I thought it was nice, but super bummer.

I was pissed at FI last night. I get home from my meeting about 7:30, he is in bed, there are dishes in the sink and the tv is on in the living room. The dishwasher had dirty dishes in it, he could have easily put the dishes in the dishwasher. Also, there is no need for the tv to be on if you aren't watching it or aren't even in the same room. His parents leave the tv on all day. It drives me nuts because its a waste of energy and it means the electricity bill is higher.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So random, but I blame (lack of) Prudie:

I drove through McDonald's this morning for an egg white delight with hash brown AND just ate a single-serve bag of Cheez-Its.  No self-control when I am under the weather, and no regrets.

I am daydreaming about leaving early, going home, and taking a nap before I get the kids.  Things are pretty well under control here, my boss is traveling, I should just do it. I don't want to be sick all weekend.

• Morning!

I am super pumped for the debate tonight. I have no idea why. I'm making dinner, and telling DH that he can get the kids ready for bed so I can watch live instead of watching tomorrow.

DH and I are dragging. The kids have unlimited energy, so they're good. But I fell back asleep with my phone in my hand and the alarm going off. My dad sent me a message yesterday asking if I wanted to do a spa day with my aunt, cousin, and mom in a few weeks. It coincides with the week where DH is out of town, so I think I'm going to do it.

Speaking of medicine, I had not been taking my Adderall each day. I figured that I would be okay with just taking it when I felt like I needed it. But I realized last week, that I do so much better if I take it every day. I feel like a dum dum for just realizing this now after taking this medicine/dealing with my ADHD after 2+ years.

The pregnancy comment is so rude. People ask me/DH/us when we're having number 3. We live in a 3 bedroom house. Where is baby #3 going to sleep? Have you met my youngest child? Do I look like I need more children? It's not questions like "Have you thought about it?" its "so when is it happening?" Irritating.
  • i have to leave the office for PT soon. 
    No meetings scheduled for today, and I'm ahead on some of my projects.
    I'm off tomorrow, so I may cut out a little early. 

Tomorrow, I'm planning to get a a massage, and probably a pedi. May also try to go to a movie or shop for a bit. 
  • @PMeg819 I totally understand about the Adderall.  I take Concerta + Ritalin (can't handle Adderall) and since we've moved, I haven't had an appointment with a behavioral therapist and the GP won't write new Rxs for me.  Normally, I take the max dose of the Concerta and supplement with the Ritalin when I need the extra boost, but since I just filled my last Rx and have no more, I've started taking just half of my prescribed dose of the Concerta.  Omigod does my day suuuuck when I do that.  It's like I'm in perpetual brain fog, with the amount of effort that's required to focus on one simple task.  And it's exhausting!

I know we're hearing that kids are being "over-prescribed" ADHD meds and mis-diagnosed, but it was a boon to both my brother and me when we were diagnosed and treated.  I had hoped that I'd grow out of it, but I don't see that happening as long as I have a desk job.  There's not enough intellectual stimulation to keep me engaged.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @PMeg819 I totally understand about the Adderall.  I take Concerta + Ritalin (can't handle Adderall) and since we've moved, I haven't had an appointment with a behavioral therapist and the GP won't write new Rxs for me.  Normally, I take the max dose of the Concerta and supplement with the Ritalin when I need the extra boost, but since I just filled my last Rx and have no more, I've started taking just half of my prescribed dose of the Concerta.  Omigod does my day suuuuck when I do that.  It's like I'm in perpetual brain fog, with the amount of effort that's required to focus on one simple task.  And it's exhausting!

I know we're hearing that kids are being "over-prescribed" ADHD meds and mis-diagnosed, but it was a boon to both my brother and me when we were diagnosed and treated.  I had hoped that I'd grow out of it, but I don't see that happening as long as I have a desk job.  There's not enough intellectual stimulation to keep me engaged.
    I didn't get diagnosed until I was an adult, and man when I started meds it was amazing. I still struggle, but it is much better. Although I did take my meds and started dicking around so I have to push myself to get back on task with work.

I worry my son has ADHD but I'm very cautious about bringing it up with his pediatrician. His teacher doesn't think he has a problem, so that's good. But I want to be able to start working with him on non-medication techniques for coping if he does get diagnosed. I think if I had that as a kid (hindsight is 20/20 and I think I was ADHD as a kid), I would have been a different adult.
  • I'm sure ADHD does get over-diagnosed but there are still people who legitimately have it and I hate how now things like ADHD and Depression have almost a negative connotation on them for people who actually need the medical help. In high school I went to a church where the pastor said that there was no such thing as Depression or ADHD and that no one needed medication for it they just needed to trust God more. That was one of many reasons why I'm no longer religious. It was really confusing and hurtful to me at the time since I was struggling with suicide and cutting and had been put on medication to help me.

It also sucks when doctors wont' prescribe medication that you've been on consistently when you move. I had one doctor once after I moved tell me they wouldn't prescribe it until they saw me and at the same time said there was a 2 month wait. I had to tell them that one of those 2 things had to change b/c I'd find another doctor since I wasn't going off my meds for 2 months. They found a spot for me that week...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I literally had to drag buffy out of bed this morning.
    Dragging leads to tears and we almost missed the bus and she got like 1/3 of a piece of toast for breakfast.

Kindy soccer started last night--she's the smallest on the field, but she's probably at least 3 or 4 way tied for worst player, so no trouble there.  ON our way, she told me that 2 of the boys in her class were 6 and 10 inches taller than her, so they couldn't be on her team.
    I almost asked her about height, and exaggerating the inches, but, nope, they are on her team ,are 6 and, I think she might be right about the height.

Tomorrow I have the funeral for my aunt.  I'm sad but I also know that the last few years when she's been going down hilll have been really hard and I"m glad she's at peace.  (and I will add that there's a religious difference.  Aunt's daughter is, IMO, probably ignoring aunt's wishes re: services, etc.  I am going to mentally commiserate w/ Aunt about these things).

And then Buffy to doc's for ear infection follow up.
    And then to soccer.

I'm a bit frantic, but working keeping me on a schedule is a good thing.  It's only 1-2 days a week, and I'm paid lousy, but it's making it all a bit more managable.
    (and today is my day to supply girl scout snack.  There are 57 store bought rice krispy treats in the kitchen.  I think they only need 48, so I'm planning on eating like 10 before the meting)

• Tonight is my last to get shit done around the house. We are leaving for FMIL's house immediately after I pick FH up from the airport tomorrow and I won't be going home before then.

Saturday, we have family dinner and I volunteered to make a pasta salad. I am hoping the visit will help relieve some of FMIL's wedding stress. Apparently, it is stressing her the fuck out that we haven't picked any colors yet, that I haven't picked out bridesmaid's dresses, and that my mom hasn't picked out her dress. Or at least that is what people tell me, FMIL always seems fine when I talk to her.

• Heffalump said:

I actually get that response from my dog on some mornings.  DH goes to work about 1.5 hours before me.  At least a couple days a week, I climb back into bed after he leaves for a little bit.  Some days my dog will cuddle up next to me, some days he's not interested.  This morning after DH left, I was in the living room and my dog went and sat by the bedroom door and just stared at me with the sad puppy eyes.  As soon as I got up from the couch, he goes and jumps on the bed.  He totally was encouraging me to go back to bed this morning. Unfortunately, this morning was one of those days that it wasn't an option.  I felt really bad.

• Heffalump said:

I actually get that response from my dog on some mornings.  DH goes to work about 1.5 hours before me.  At least a couple days a week, I climb back into bed after he leaves for a little bit.  Some days my dog will cuddle up next to me, some days he's not interested.  This morning after DH left, I was in the living room and my dog went and sat by the bedroom door and just stared at me with the sad puppy eyes.  As soon as I got up from the couch, he goes and jumps on the bed.  He totally was encouraging me to go back to bed this morning. Unfortunately, this morning was one of those days that it wasn't an option.  I felt really bad.
    My dog does this too even though he's not allowed in the bedroom. Although I've let that rule slide this week since I've been sick. Even H hasn't made him get off the bed because he feels sorry for me. 
  • I'm sure ADHD does get over-diagnosed but there are still people who legitimately have it and I hate how now things like ADHD and Depression have almost a negative connotation on them for people who actually need the medical help. In high school I went to a church where the pastor said that there was no such thing as Depression or ADHD and that no one needed medication for it they just needed to trust God more. That was one of many reasons why I'm no longer religious. It was really confusing and hurtful to me at the time since I was struggling with suicide and cutting and had been put on medication to help me.

It also sucks when doctors wont' prescribe medication that you've been on consistently when you move. I had one doctor once after I moved tell me they wouldn't prescribe it until they saw me and at the same time said there was a 2 month wait. I had to tell them that one of those 2 things had to change b/c I'd find another doctor since I wasn't going off my meds for 2 months. They found a spot for me that week...
    Holy shit.  I'm now very grateful my church isn't like this.  I'd be dead.
    As it is, I've had a priest tell me in confession to keep taking my meds. 

I'm so sorry that happened to you:(  
  • Today I went to pick out stone for counter tops. I'm pretty excited. This week in general has been pretty good. Monday was my birthday. Kida all called andH fixed a yummy dinner with gelato for dessert. Tuesday a friend and I went shopping and had drinks. Yesterday our new kitchen table and chairs arrived. Today is H's birthday - LOL he wanted a hamburger casserole for dinner. We had champagne and gourmet cupcakes for dessert. Saturday is our anniversary - we are going to Ruth Chris for dinner. I'm also going out to lunch with friends to celebrate my birthday and another's birthday!  A week full of celebrations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards