Wedding Woes

Monday!

How was the weekend?

My office doors are up.  There's still some finishing to do, but they're in. 

I went shopping with a friend Saturday morning.  I didn't do much else besides a couple Lowe's runs and getting lunch.  Yesterday, DefConn and I went to the store while DH and the kiddo were asleep. 

DH started 3rds last night.  Since he only had Saturday to 'turn around', he's going to be tired for a few days.  I bought curtains for our room, but the rods we have are too small for the windows. Good thing DefConn has a new bed, his room faces west, and we have room darkening curtains up in there (since he goes to bed when it's still sunny). 

Re: Monday!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Friday I spent the morning shopping and came home with crap for 6let's skunk costume and a bag of chicken strips.

Friday night DH and I had a BLAST at the Garth Brooks concert.  He was a really, really great show.

Saturday we putzed around- went to the park, did a little hike, made milkshakes.

Sunday was 6let's first lacrosse game.  It was also picture day and they ran 45 minutes late.  Picture guy was taking for FREAKING ever to get the kids posed and teams line up "just so."  The game was REALLY fun to watch though.  I'm surprised how fun it was.

Today I'm getting prices to put down our cat and getting info on having my mom's bday party at the zoo.
  • The vegetable garden is established!  FI and I are completely exhausted, but all our surviving veggie babies are in the ground.  The beans and peas are surrounded by about a hundred plastic forks, because I read somewhere that they will help keep critters out (especially all the neighborhood cats), so the garden plot looks fking ridiculous... but if it helps, it helps!  I may switch over to using pine-cones, since we have roughly 5 million of them in the yard, and they're sharp suckers, so I imagine they'll have the same function without making the neighbors think I'm some kind of crazy lady.  I mean, I am, but they don't need to know that.

It's my last full week of work before the wedding, and I'm the only one representing today.  I made a double batch of my homemade spaghetti sauce yesterday, and FI already ate half the meatballs.  It was like 3# of meat...

Good luck to Mr. Conn on 3rds!

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• TK keeps logging me out and it is NOT cool.

I was dragggggging Friday and into Saturday.  Went to Wooz's riding lesson and basically just sat propped in a camp chair the whole time.  Got home, did some laundry, made the kids lunch, and tried to crash.  DH and Wooz decided to watch Star Wars, so DS used that time to figure out how to arm the security system.  Which, since everyone was in the house, was quickly triggered.  :open_mouth:

After things settled down, DH took DS outside, and Wooz came and snuggled with me in bed.  We both fell asleep, and when I woke up, I felt a frillion times better.  Went to check on the boys and found them both sacked out on the floor in the family room.  :)

Managed to get our hike in yesterday, and stopped in a little country diner afterward.  Three random strangers stopped to fuss over the kids, it was adorable.  (And per the DP letter last week, DS wouldn't talk to any of them except to say "Bye!" after one had already left the building.) 

Now it is Monday and I'm back at work.

httpsmetrouk2fileswordpresscom201511being-an-adult-is-terriblegif

• The weekend was beautiful, weather-wise.  We spent a lot of time outside and got a little sunburned.

Saturday my front driver's side strut broke while I was driving.  It was pretty scary and I thought I was going to crash.  Thank goodness we have an amazing mechanic.  She had it replaced and back to us in less than 24hrs.

We've had some issues with both of our vehicles lately (they're 10 and 11 years old).  We really, really don't want to have to get anything new for a while, so I'm hoping we can get by without any major expenses for a while.

DD2 got her cast off this morning!  She's really happy but she's sore from her elbow being bent for 2.5 weeks.  Hopefully she can stretch it out soon.

• I think I finally kicked this stupid sinus infection! So this weekend was disinfecting the house and massive cleaning. 

H competed in his first grappling tournament this weekend and won second place. He was so excited and it was great watching him win after all his hard work. 
  • we've gotten at least 18 inches of rain since last night. our yard is flooded, but the street has finally gone down. no water got in the house, but a lot of the city wasn't so lucky. missed work today, but there was no way i was trying to drive given the conditions. (DK's office area was completely flooded and school was closed, so we were all here, today.)
  • Glad you are dry, @*Barbie*!  I've been seeing reports and it looks bad.
  • Did you guys see the reporter that helped rescue a guy from his car? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccMF9GefinY
  •  UGH TK keeps logging me out.

Glad you guys are safe, Barbie. Flooding is so destructive and scary.

Started the new job today! Everything went really well. The people are nice, and I was definitely loving not having to leave my house until the time I'd usually be getting to work at my old job. I do feel a little overwhelmed (because new job), but overall I feel great about things!

• MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016

This weekend was my niece's Prom - Needless to say she "screwed the pooch" with her level of ungratefulness after having dropped about a grand on this whole thing.  No thank you, nothing...  I said "I'll meet you and your friends at After Prom to pay admission for the group" - was stood up (no call or text) and looked like an @$$ waiting there for an hour for no one to show...  And there's plenty more SS that was had - but anyway...  That sucked, but wasn't nearly as bad as the news I got as I was getting ready to head for home - a close family friend was killed as he was cutting down a tree - tree fell on him and the chainsaw did the rest.  I'm in sort of a funk today about it all...  Disappointed about the niece and brother, then grief and hoping for the best for the family friend's wife and (adult) daughters that they have full and complete healing...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards