Wedding Woes

It's only Tuesday?

Sunday and Monday were really long days for some reason.  Probably just growing pains with the new schedule.  

DH was called by a recruiter yesterday for a position that would be a promotion. He's going to call him back today and set up a time to meet.

DH finally got the curtains up in our room.  He can sleep in our bed today.  :) 

As I mentioned on FB, last night as I was getting DefConn's pj's on (I was sitting on the couch and he was standing in front of me), all of a sudden I feel DefConn licking my forehead.  I'm all, "Are you licking my forehead?! Why?"  DefConn, "I'm pretending I'm a puppy!"  OK then...  :)  

Also, my kids were quiet last night while DH napped and I got some work done.  I was almost worried because they were being too good.  Hee. 

Re: It's only Tuesday?

• Awww, Heffa, that's awesome!

I have a headache today. I might see if I can go home early. There's some sort of construction happening in one of the other office suites and the paint fumes are annoying.

My coworker smells like literal shit. It's super gross. I feel like a big asshole because she has an adult special needs child that often gets really sick and she was late this morning because of her daughter, but the smell is so bad.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I've been pretty productive this morning.  I've gotten a lot of work stuff done already and dinner is in the crockpot.

It' a crappy, rainy day.  I have some more work stuff to get done but I just want to nap.

• Speaking of swimming....

I'm taking a swim class and it's so much fun. Why didn't I do it sooner? I have mastered treading water, but I still need to get comfortable breathing through my nose underwater.

Maybe, I should practice in the tub.:)

Other than that, I'm just winding down to the summer. Six weeks of school left.

• There was a cake in the breakroom about 10 minutes ago, a decadent looking chocolate toffee Heath bar mess of ooey-gooey delight... but no knife to cut it.

I went to find a knife, and when I came back, someone had scraped the Heathiest of the icing away and left just a nibble of chocolate cake.

I almost cried.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I'm taking a deep breath to brace for this week's schedule- Max has class this morning and M2 has a makeup gymnastics class this evening. Tomorrow is religion then a makeup baseball scrimmage, Thursday is lacrosse and gymnastics (she leveled up and now my new 5 yo is in the 8-10 yo class).  Saturday baseball and DH and I are going out for our anniversary.  Sunday is lacrosse and apparently 6let had an art piece picked for the regional show so that too.

Also, why is it so expensive to put my cat down!!! Everyone wanted $100+.  I don't want all the extras and I don't want to be made out like an asshole.  She's 19, has been in renal failure for 7 years, can't get on the couch, needs help on the steps, and I had to help her even stand yesterday.  IT'S TIME. 

• Awwww, 6, I'm so sorry about your cat. That sucks that a crappy situation is being made crappier with the cost. :(
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So sorry about your cat @6fsn.  I hope you find a way that is peaceful and affordable.

I'm the most tired I've ever been in my whole entire life.  Okay, so that's an exaggeration I'm sure but I'm working from home and trying to see if I can work in a nap.  I also drank so many mojitos that I think the excess sugar cane burned a hole in my esophagus and I've had brutal heartburn since yesterday morning.  But it was all totally worth it.  Miami Beach was amazing and just what I needed after a few stressful weeks at work and with my dad.
  • 6, sorry to hear about your cat. Is there a vet school in your area?
  • so we were fortunate that our area drains well, and the 18 inches of rain that we got didn't flood the neighborhood. i had to be at work at 8am to lead a meeting today and left my house at 6:30, which should have been plenty of time - yeah, with all of the road closures i got here at about 8:15. i might just take my laptop and go back home. given the amount of road closures, and hearing that the water was rising in other areas, it might be safest to go home before i get stranded here. 

on top of this, i parked DK's car out on the street when I left (he was staying home due to flooding and school closure - i was in a rush to get in so i didn't take the extra 5 minutes to move his car back into the driveway.) he told me he'd be getting up a little after 7, so i figured it would only be out there an hour. so, of course, in that hour, the jagoff neighbor across the street hit it. This guy parks behind our driveway EVERY DAMN DAY, even though we have repeatedly asked him to park somewhere else. of course the ONE TIME that one of our cars was left out on the street, he was parked in his driveway and backed into it. (at least he was honest and came up to the house to tell DK, but still WTF?!) this guy also told DK that he has a backup sensor in his truck that went off, but he just assumed it was the curb and kept going. 
  • Morning. I should probably be working, but DH and the kids are gone and it's not quite 8 am so I'm laying in bed. I have a wicked headache from allergies and I know staring at the computer won't help. I don't want to even think about this week. We have stuff to do for DS's birthday and school things, and it's already stressing me out and making me tired. The next two weeks are going to be crazy. Oh well...
  • *Barbie* said:
    so, of course, in that hour, the jagoff neighbor across the street hit it. This guy parks behind our driveway EVERY DAMN DAY, even though we have repeatedly asked him to park somewhere else. of course the ONE TIME that one of our cars was left out on the street, he was parked in his driveway and backed into it. (at least he was honest and came up to the house to tell DK, but still WTF?!) this guy also told DK that he has a backup sensor in his truck that went off, but he just assumed it was the curb and kept going. 
    Aww, Barbie, that suuuuuucks.  As to the bolded,

httpscdnmemeaminstances52935304jpg

6fsn said:

Also, why is it so expensive to put my cat down!!! Everyone wanted $100+.  I don't want all the extras and I don't want to be made out like an asshole.  She's 19, has been in renal failure for 7 years, can't get on the couch, needs help on the steps, and I had to help her even stand yesterday.  IT'S TIME. 

Did they break out all of your options, or just throw a number at you?  I know when we put our cats down, there was a price for the euthanasia, then they would give him/her back to you for free (which, in our case, was a big No Thanks), dispose of the body for really cheap (I want to say an extra $5), and then cremating was a significant adder.  Just wondering if they lumped it all together or gave actual options.  At any rate, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I thought the vet school would be great- easy for Dh to be there too. $137!
    @heffalump most have been giving a break down which tends to include a new patient fee! 

Looks like I'm making a human society appointment 
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2016
    6fsn said:

I'm sorry about the cat and the expense. I don't have experience with cats, but with 125lb Rogue, I think it was in the $600 range. (We did have her cremated with the ashes returned, and the actual injection was done at the emergency vet, who tends to be more expensive.) In our case we didn't have time to wait the day to take her to our regular vet (she was suffering). 

Would the local ASPCA/shelter be able to offer a less expensive option? The vet school idea that someone suggested may also offer an option - or maybe you could use university connections?
  • I got free coffee from the good coffee shop today for being a loyal customer!

Sorry to hear about your cat @6fsn, that's really hard. Try not to let them make you feel bad about not going with the expensive option; love for the pet is not shown by how much money you spend.
  • I left around 11:30 and retraced my eventual route to the office - lucky i left when I did because the water has risen 1-2 feet in one area, and the eastbound side of the road now has at least 6" of water in the center of the 2 lanes. (the road was clear this morning). I was going west to go home, and luckily the westbound lane was slightly higher, so at most 1-2" in the center at spots. I won't be surprised if they shut it down soon. 

• It is almost over. It is almost over. It is almost over....  saying that is the only thing getting me through the day.

Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards