African American Weddings

Help Needed: Card Box

Hi ladies!  I am looking for ideas for a card box.  As many of you know we are going with a wine inspired theme.  I would love it if I could find a small wine barrel, but I can't seem to find one.  Then I ran across this idea and thought it was cool but FI said that he thinks it's too small.  See pic below:

Have any ideas on things I can use for my card box that goes along with my theme?  What are you ladies using?

Re: Help Needed: Card Box

• amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working on a DIY photo frame card box. I think it could fit your theme if you picked pictures of you and your man drinking wine, etc. 

I got my frames at Michaels. They're 40% off right now.

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh!  That's a cute idea Amberlyned.  I'll check into that.
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a site that does personalized wine barrels... 

It might be more than you're looking to spend, but here you go: http://www.winevine-imports.com/American-White-Oak-Barrel-w-Hoops-Personalized--pr-1736.html
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some wines come in printed, wooden boxes that the shops just throw away. I'd check with some local wine stores to see if they'd give you one (or two!)
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_needed-card-box?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:356ec6af-8251-4c61-82f7-24c1a79678fdPost:b6f088e1-bb77-453d-9d03-abe5ed684585">Re: Help Needed: Card Box</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some wines come in printed, wooden boxes that the shops just throw away. I'd check with some local wine stores to see if they'd give you one (or two!)
    Posted by ufsweetiebear[/QUOTE]

I was going to suggest this. You could probably call RayLen Vineyards and see if they may have some wooden crates. I know that this particular vineyard is about 30 minutes away from Greensboro (in Davie county if you travel on I-40 West) and there's another one near Greensboro but I don't remember it's name.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is such a cute idea Amberlyned, but it is a little out of our price range.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  Ladies, I sooooooooo love the idea of using wine crates.  LCA, I was just at Stonefield Cellars yesterday, it is in Davie County (myabe that's the one you're referring to).  The owners are awesome.  We took our Engagement Pictures there.  I may check with them.  Thanks for the suggestions ladies.
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stonefield Vineyards! That's the one! Childress Vineyards is another one you could possibly check out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards