Wedding Woes

Tuesday

I have a bunch of (telecon) meetings today so Boss was on board with WFH. He is awesome. 

I hit my 10th anniversary at my company on Sunday. Technically it's been 7 with current company and 3 with company that they purchased in 2009, but we didn't lose any years of service in the purchase. I need to check out the rewards. We get one corporate reward (branded jewelry or office memento) and then something else of our choosing. 

Re: Tuesday

• Since I didn't want to edit the initial post - DK has gotten super involved in a local organization over the last ~6 months. I'm happy for him since he's made a lot of friends, and it's helped him to finally settle/make connections in TX after living here almost 6 years. My dad is involved in a similar organization in PA that is much more established, so DK has been working with him to get some ideas to improve current structure in TX. I was "abandoned" last night (again) while he was working on this project so I decided to do some shopping online - I got a bracelet and wrap from Coach (awesome deal in the online outlet sale). I was kidding him that by the time he's done with this project, I'll have a new wardrobe. 
  • The school bus broke down this morning.  The flashers weren't working when she pulled up to the first stop (we're the 2nd), and apparently according to state law, the driver isn't allowed to transport any kids without functioning flashers.  Some of the 5th graders ran down to the 3rd and 4th stop to alert them, and one of our awesome neighbors loaded up all the kids at our stop in her Pilot and whisked them off to school.  The kids were deliriously giddy.

Wooz starts her evening art class today. 
  • Good morning.  

I am so tired.  DefConn was in bed with me last night from about midnight on and he was really restless.  At one point, he went to roll over and tried to 'push off' me by grinding his feet into my thigh.  His bony little feet hurt.

There's weather rolling in and my head is feeling it.  I have a massive headache.  I hope more coffee, water, and ibuprofen help to kick it. 

Both my kids were weirdly mopey yesterday. 
  • I'm working from home this morning too.  I am going to some networking Bocci Ball thing tonight, wish me luck, I have no idea what I'm getting myself into!

Best part of working from home is our girl cat is a huge cuddler in the morning.  Worst part is sometimes she cuddles my laptop (yep, I'm working in bed).

• FH and I had a stupid disagreement last night, and I'm still a little upset about it.   Long story short, but he wanted me to change my plans to visit my uncle tomorrow and make the trip on Friday, instead.  Why?  So I can drive to a different city and drop him off for his bachelor party instead.  

Are you serious?  See him Friday, the day before the wedding?  So I can make a special trip tomorrow instead so you can go get blitzed?

Take the Metro.  I have enough shit to do on Friday without throwing an extra trip and an emotional breakdown into the mix.

He doesn't understand that, given my uncle's prognosis and the fact that I live 650 miles away, this is probably the last time I'll ever see him again, and this isn't something I want to do the day before I get married.  It's bad enough he won't be at the wedding; I don't need the emotional weight of seeing him the day before on my shoulders going into the wedding.

I'm sure FH didn't entirely mean what he said/how he said it.  In all the time I've known him, he has never been insensitive, but I know he doesn't understand the emotional roller-coaster I'm on between wedding stress and wedding jitters and family health issues.  He's never met my uncle and has no real understanding of my family's dynamic, or our relationships with one another.  But c'mon, a little sensitivity and understanding would be awesome right about now, especially under the circumstances.

Whew, I feel better.  Thanks for letting me rant.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• @kimmiinthemitten, your kitty is adorable!

Poor mrs.conn.  I'm also tired--DH made decaf this morning.  We shouldn't even have any decaf.  He bought some by mistake, and I kept meaning to return it.  Instead, he opened it and brewed some this morning.

• @kimmiinthemitten your cat is adorable. Mine does the same thing, except she tries to lay right on the keyboard. And sometimes, I let her.

@AtomicBlonde, that really sucks. I'm sorry you're going through this right now, but also right before the wedding. I know some people are not super stressed and emotional right before the wedding but I was so I get where you're coming from. Will you have anyone else in town when you're seeing your uncle? Hopefully you have some people there to lean on when your FI is out at his bachelor party. 
  • Good morning.  I'm still trying to catch up on sleep/rest from our ridiculous weekend (it was all baseball, I'll save you from the boring stories).

I've got this annoying cough.  I can feel stuff in my chest but the cough is dry and unproductive.  I finally took some meds this morning but I haven't noticed a change.

Work is annoying right now.  QuickBooks didn't do something correctly, I can't fix it and support can't figure it out either.  Not really what my client wants to hear.

• I think I have posion ivy. I am so itchy I want to scream.
  • My sports offseason begins today, which makes me sad. I may have to be a baseball fan because September is a long way off.

Other than that I got nothin'. Hate my job. Need to grocery shop.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • It's Taco Tuesday and I just discovered my favorite Mexican restaurant in town does $.99 tacos.  It's looking up.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    sick.  grumpy and furious.  pissy
  • VarunaTT said:
    It's Taco Tuesday and I just discovered my favorite Mexican restaurant in town does $.99 tacos.  It's looking up.
    I am envious. We went to try (what I thought was) a new taco place last weekend and it turned out to be a cuban restaurant. Delicious but didn't fulfilled my taco craving. 
  • My sports offseason begins today, which makes me sad. I may have to be a baseball fan because September is a long way off.

My coworker and I were just discussing this. Football season is too far away and I really expected the Hawks to keep me occupied for at least another month :( I can't get into baseball this early in the season so I'm already bored as fuck. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My coworker and I were just discussing this. Football season is too far away and I really expected the Hawks to keep me occupied for at least another month :( I can't get into baseball this early in the season so I'm already bored as fuck. 
    At least we have the draft this weekend. H and my first date was to a bar to watch the draft. The Bills drafted Marcel Dareus and we had our first kiss that night! 

At least we have the draft this weekend. H and my first date was to a bar to watch the draft. The Bills drafted Marcel Dareus and we had our first kiss that night! 
    Cute story!
    To piggy-back on my story above about moving, DH is UPSET that we're moving during the draft. He somewhat joking asked (he better have been joking) if we could delay moving because of it. And he hasn't yet gotten around to calling Comcast to make an appointment for new service at our new place. 
    I think I'll be unpacking alone too while he's at a sports bar. 

• The draft town is ruining my weekend bc of all the traffic/ road closures. I guess it's just the start of summer closing Columbus Drive but ugh!

But I just found out I don't work Friday - HUZZAH! - so maybe I'll hit draft town up this year!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • The draft town is ruining my weekend bc of all the traffic/ road closures. I guess it's just the start of summer closing Columbus Drive but ugh!

But I just found out I don't work Friday - HUZZAH! - so maybe I'll hit draft town up this year!

• Today was crazy. I went to a concert an hour and a half away last night and didn't get home til after 1. Wasn't in bed until 2. Needless to say I'm tired today.

I really like my new job. I am back to feeling normal and happy again. It's your turn to find a job you like @ShesSoCold. You won't regret it!

I do miss having down time to get on TK though. I'm sure I'll have more time once I get the hang of things. Also, it's the end of the month which is the craziest time for mortgage companies.

DH got moved to a project in Indiana, which is much closer than where he was before. I'm going to go see him this weekend :) I'm already counting down the days.

I'm sorry you're sick @GBCK :(

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Good grief it's been a day.  Up and worked out, class with Max, get M2, home for some work, lunch, then cleaning.  Oh my the CLEANING.  Then I had to put together a letter for 6let's teacher to read about him tomorrow. I made shadowboxes of the kids coming home outfits, THEN made a skunk costume for 6let's living museum.  There was also a few hours of work, taking the kids for haircuts, they ate the cake I thawed out for me, so now I'm eating chips before bed.
  • edited April 2016
    Hugs to you, @AtomicBlonde, and healing vibes to those of you who aren't feeling well!

@6fsn, your post made me exhausted just reading it! I salute all you ladies who are mothers!
  • Today, I spent an hour in a conference call discussing a learning module that my group is revising. We've met 1-2 times a month since last summer. The problem is, we really only cover new content for about 5 minutes and the rest is 'reviewing' the content that we've previously changed to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Sigh.

At least I made a nice dinner tonight. Now to do the dishes.

• It is definitely my turn, @thefanciestbeckler. I'm glad you like your job!

My annual vacation comes as a dump in in June and I get an extra week this year so I'm going to at least stick around until then. But I do need to get my resume updated and out there. My H makes more money than I do but neither of us get any benefits, so we could afford for me to bring home like $4.00 an hour as long as the benefits package was great.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards