Connecticut

I think my venue is closed!!!

Holy shit you guys.  I just found out that the owner of the cobbs mill inn died over the weekend and the venue is closed 'indefinitely'.  it's not clear what is going to happen.  I think I have to find a new venue. I am getting married on May 7 no matter what but things just got interesting. 

Oh, and my invites just went out today. So that's fun. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I think my venue is closed!!!

• OMG girl! I'm so sorry! I hope you can find somewhere! There wasn't any one else in charge beside the person who passed away?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh that's so sad(and super scary for you!) I'm sure the family is mourning their loss and will get in touch with the brides that are booked there very soon! Sending super positive thoughts your way so that you can get an answer ASAP 
  • start calling venues asap and see if there is anything they can do for you
  • Thanks gang.  It seems as though the sudden death of the owner uncovered some financial problems the venue was having.  There is a chance they will reopen but I can't take that risk.  I'll keep you all posted!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oi vey how nerve wracking! I can imagine that happens a lot with long standing venues that do things the "old school" way with their books....do you have any other venues in mind JUST in case?
  • Elexismc said:
    Oi vey how nerve wracking! I can imagine that happens a lot with long standing venues that do things the "old school" way with their books....do you have any other venues in mind JUST in case?
    I do and I am making calls today.  I already found a beautiful venue that is surprisingly available. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fantastic...I LOVE our venue but still had a couple back up ideas just because you never know what will happen! I'm sure that helps settle your nerves a touch
  • Good luck with your search. Hoping the local venues are on alert and ready to help displaced couples.

• omg. im so sorry .. things will be fine and you'll have a beautiful wedding. best of luck
  • Any update? I'm curious as to what happened?! @laurad75
  • bccsnchz said:
    Any update? I'm curious as to what happened?! @laurad75
    Thankfully we were able to find a new venue rather quickly after we heard Cobbs Mill closed.  The wedding is now at Dolce Norwalk and we are very happy with them.  We haven't heard from Cobbs Mill Inn in a while and have not received our deposit back but luckily we had only put down $500.  I have heard of another couple who put down over $3000 and haven't received anything back. 

Dolce Norwalk has been amazing and I'm so excited!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards