Wedding Woes

Thursday!!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2016 in Wedding Woes
The finish line is in sight!!  :D  But I have to work Saturday...womp, womp.  

My mom is in So Cal for work and I guess she got food poisoning.  That's my nightmare...being OOT and getting ill.  She's better now.  She also said that it's been cool and rainy...so she's not getting the full So Cal experience. :D She still wants to go back for a wine trip. 

DH fell asleep on the couch sitting up this morning.  Poor guy...he hasn't figured out the sleep schedule yet.  But it's so nice that he's home in the evening...He leaves after the kids are in bed, so dinner, bed, bath, etc is all a tag-team effort and it has made a world of difference. 

Re: Thursday!!

• Why can't it be Friday?  I went out for wine with the girls last night and have a headache and don't want to go to work:(

We're moving my dad into a new apartment Saturday, and then slowly moving my mom into it over the next two weeks. They're good friends but divorced 30 years so this is either going to be fantastic for both of them (she can help him quit smoking and eat better and he can make sure she has a ride to places) or it is going to be 1985 all over again. 
  • I hope your DH gets on a schedule soon, conn.

Growth spurts are killing me.  All of a sudden DD1's SOCKS won't fit her feet.  Socks she just got for xmas.  And her dress today barely covered her butt.  I swear all of this growing happened over night.  At least DD2 now has a plethora of socks.

I'm starting my meal calendar again on Monday.  I always plan our meals a week at a time, but I can do it in my head for half the year.  Now that the craziness is in full swing I have to plan meals around activities based on how long they take to cook.  With 5 different teams between 3 kids, I can't keep them all straight anymore.

• You guys inspired me to look into CSA boxes and this weekend we went to a farm that did them. H is all excited about it so I will order that today.

I'm trying to find new recipes. I'm like 15 lbs. heavier than I'd like to be so I'm looking at healthier recipes. Hopefully all these new veggies we'll get will inspire me.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • So big day for me today; I'm going for a second opinion on my knee. I had surgery in December and my recovery has gone really poorly. I'm still in a lot of pain, still can't run (I feel like a waddling baby deer any time I attempt something that looks like a jog), can't walk upstairs without pain. Last time I went to my surgeon he told me I needed to calm down and be more patient. My physical therapist was livid (he shares my concerns about my lack of progress) so I'm seeing a new surgeon today. Really hoping for some good news, but at this point I'll take any news. I'll take any good vibes you all can send my way.
  • Today is my Friday. I'm taking DK and Wolverine to San Antonio this weekend as a surprise. All they know is we're leaving at lunchtime tomorrow. They don't know where we're going or what we are doing. Looks like the weather will be nice on Saturday, so we'll go to Sea World, like I had planned. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad for our drive - it takes about 3 hours to get there. 

I need to do a little bit of laundry tonight and pack our bag.
  • @charlotte989875 I hope they have positive, constructive things to say!

@*Barbie* sounds awesome! Have fun.

I am okay today. A lot of SSDD going on over here. 
  • I think I might have a glorious weekend of nothing.  

I wish it was Friday too.  I logically know that I'm suffering from some situational depression and that this is going to take time.  I'm just not a particularly patient person and so action oriented, that it's annoying me.  

Also, my Pride committee meeting last night had a whopping 4 people at it.  Granted, 3 of my members are sick with this bronchitis that has been going around,but I'm still miffed.  6 weeks out people...bailing right now has consequences.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    I spent a chunk of this morning as part of a team of people interviewing a potential replacement for my current boss. Current Boss has the interim title and has been lobbying hard, so it was super awkward to be in there with both of them.  Also, Weird CW kept asking these weird questions where no one knew WTH he was talking about.  THREE times, the candidate was like "I'm not sure what you mean by that, can you elaborate?"  I wanted to pass him a note that says "It's okay, we don't know either." 

Went to the Thai buffet with my two work besties and it was sooooo good but now I am sooooo stuffed.  And at 3:00 we have this monthly meeting that I really, really hate.  It's only tangentially related to anything that I do, the controller throws a fit half the time, and I would give anything to fake a daycare call at 2:55. 

Got DS's school pictures back, and they are terrible.  He is basically doing this in every single one:

httpsapieceofthepylesfileswordpresscom201106img_0881jpg

Oh, DS.

I have to go to Hartford next Mon.-Thurs. and I am not looking forward to it.  At least the sales guy there is one of our better ones.

This weekend, we are going straight from riding to my mom's to help her move some furniture, and Sunday DS starts swim.

ETA: When we were leaving after interviewing Potential Boss, we all shook hands, and when I shook his, he winked at me.  Huh?  All I could think of was this:

Two obstacles of the five being thus removed, Mrs. Bennet sat looking and winking at Elizabeth and Catherine for a considerable time, without making any impression on them. Elizabeth would not observe her; and when at last Kitty did, she very innocently said, "What is the matter mamma? What do you keep winking at me for? What am I to do?''

• My coworker is arguing with me over the dumbest shit and I am irrationally annoyed.

He told me that my cubicle is clean because "I followed the rules". When I told him I was unaware of any rules and that I am just generally a neat person who hates clutter, he insisted that there were rules that I was aware of and my non-cluttered cube is a product of such rules.

He told me that the 5-gallon water bottle on the cooler is almost empty and if I got more water, he'd change it. I told him I could change it if/when I needed water. So, 1/2 hour later, when my sippy cup was empty, I filled it and changed the jug. He came back over and goes, "so you changed it anyway". I said that I needed water so I changed it when it was empty. He then argued with me over whether or not my cup was empty earlier.

Do I work with toddlers or am I suffering from a severe lack of tequila?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • My coworker is arguing with me over the dumbest shit and I am irrationally annoyed.

He told me that my cubicle is clean because "I followed the rules". When I told him I was unaware of any rules and that I am just generally a neat person who hates clutter, he insisted that there were rules that I was aware of and my non-cluttered cube is a product of such rules.

He told me that the 5-gallon water bottle on the cooler is almost empty and if I got more water, he'd change it. I told him I could change it if/when I needed water. So, 1/2 hour later, when my sippy cup was empty, I filled it and changed the jug. He came back over and goes, "so you changed it anyway". I said that I needed water so I changed it when it was empty. He then argued with me over whether or not my cup was empty earlier.

Do I work with toddlers or am I suffering from a severe lack of tequila?

I kind of what to throat punch your co-worker.  I keep a neat and clean office b/c I can't stand it cluttered.  It makes me somewhat anxious.  I doubt there are rules about it anywhere.

But in answer to the last question:  I say yes to both.  :D
  • edited April 2016

UGH, me too. I cannot stand clutter. I have a very hard time concentrating when it's messy in here. He also argued with me a month ago when I told him I was 100% moved in and box-free in less than a week after moving. He told me that I must have boxes somewhere I'm missing. Eyeroll.

Apparently the bosses were doing some "housekeeping" and didn't like the huge stack of boxes he has in his office. So obviously my clean cube means that I was kissing ass and not that I'm just not a slob. SMH.

• @charlotte989875 I hope they have positive, constructive things to say!

@*Barbie* sounds awesome! Have fun.

I am okay today. A lot of SSDD going on over here. 
    Thanks! Some good news, some bad. There's still damage to my knee they weren't able to repair with the surgery, but gave me a new injection to help with the pain. Today is finally feeling a bit better, so I'll take it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards