Nevada-Las Vegas

Flamingo flowers

Hi,

Flamingo brides - can you help me out?

I've spoken to Iliana about the small rose bouquet included in my package, and she sent me some photos. The shape wasn't what I was expecting, it was the sort of shape you would lay and rest on your arm if that makes sense? I asked if they could make a small 'upright' one and attached a photo example, and she said yes but it would be a lot smaller. The photo has around 7 roses in the bouquet.

I'm not too bothered about my bouquet to be honest, I was mainly asking so I could start thinking of some small centrepieces for the reception, so I don't really want to pay for an upgrade on floral. However, having heard that the bouquet would be really small, it's making me think it could look silly!

Just wondering if anyone has any photos or knows what it could look like? Or thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Re: Flamingo flowers

• Could you maybe ask for some sort of filler flower in with the original rose bouquet to "round it out"? I got married at the Flamingo and upgraded the flowers, because I don't love roses. I changed the bouquet and boutonnaire to Peruvian Liles for about $60. Adding a little something may not cost too much. 
  • xoedenxoeden member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Would you mind sharing photos? Maybe that could give us more help. Personally, I'm using false flowers (lilies that a friend used for her wedding).
  • frenchie13frenchie13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    @Garnet113 - I might ask if she can send me an upgrade list and go from there! 

@xoeden - I have attached what I was sent (three rose bouquet with filler, I guess?) and what I sent. (small upright) I haven't uploaded photos before so sorry if they're a little large! 
  • xoedenxoeden member
    I really like the three with filler! That's super pretty and full of contrast! You should definitely be able to request filler to fluff it up, and I wouldn't think they would charge for it (you could always kick and scream...)

Be prepared to be specific on your filler; normally when someone says that, I picture baby's breath and leaves... but obviously, I am not a florist.
  • @xoeden I don't like the filler in the photo, I have no idea what it is?!

I think it would look nice with something like baby's breath, though. I'll email and ask. She's answering my very specifically at the minute and not giving much input, not sure if it's because I'm trying to plan really far in advance. 
  • xoedenxoeden member
    It almost reminds me of snap dragons; definitely something tropical.

It might be worth getting example photos and starting to ask on costs.
  • I think I had the same problem at first with getting answers. I didn't really know what I wanted and was trying to get ideas. I finally just found exactly what I wanted online, sent a picture, and asked how much it would cost. It was easier that way. 
  • @Garnet113 Glad I'n not the only one! If you don't mind me asking, did they charge much for what you asked?
  • I didn't feel like it cost too much. I paid $65 more for a bouquet of Peruvian lilies and to change the boutonniere to match. I didn't want to spend a lot so ended up searching "inexpensive flowers" online so I knew what to ask for. I noticed when I said I'd like purple flowers they'd come back with suggestions for flowers that were on the expensive side so I just did the research myself. 
  • I'm thinking I might just get outside floral.

At the start, I was going to bring a brooch bouquet, but decided against it for various reasons. They waived the outside floral vendor fee for me then, then I added it back on... so hopefully they'll waive it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards