Wedding Woes

Friday

What's up for the weekend?

Tomorrow at 8:15(!!!) I'm getting a haircut.  It was literally the only time I could fit it in before July.  10 am baseball game then nothing else for the weekend.  Probably pool time in there since it's supposed to be beastly hot.

Side note: I'm watching Nick Jonas on the Today show and really enjoying him.  There's so much wrong here, but I don't care.

Re: Friday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I just saw this posted on a facebook group "My fiancé and I are getting married tonight. Super casual ceremony. The ceremony itself will last ten, MAYBE 15 minutes. We have opted for private vows (so we will just hand each other a piece of paper.) It will literally be straight to the point! "  She's looking for a photographer, but they just hand each other a piece of paper instead of vows?  Is this something now?
  • 6fsn said:
    I just saw this posted on a facebook group "My fiancé and I are getting married tonight. Super casual ceremony. The ceremony itself will last ten, MAYBE 15 minutes. We have opted for private vows (so we will just hand each other a piece of paper.) It will literally be straight to the point! "  She's looking for a photographer, but they just hand each other a piece of paper instead of vows?  Is this something now?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    Happy Friday!

Last night, my neck started to bug me, like I had slept on it funny, only the pain didn't start until I got home from work.  The pain wasn't bad, just irritating.  When I woke up this morning, the pain was shooting from my earlobe down to my hip in waves of fury I can almost taste, and I can barely move my head.  Needless to say, I'm pretty miserable.

I'm supposed to get my official transfer documentation today, although the HR people have been promising it to me for almost a week now.  I am excited about this job, but right now the guilt I have at uprooting DH is overpowering that.  He's sacrificed a lot for me, and he will continue to do so every 4-7 years for as long as I hold this position.  It's a lot to ask of anyone, and it'll make it really hard for him to establish a career of his own.  He told his boss yesterday about the move, and I think they are going to try to work with him in some aspect.  No matter what happens, all I want is for DH to find a job that he loves, whether it's with his current company or a new one.

We have no plans for the weekend.  I'm leaving Sunday for a month of on-site training.  I wish I was more motivated to get through the tomes of reading I need to do to prepare for the job and become qualified/certified to do it.  I've been putting it off for some time, and now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel, it looks alarmingly like a freight train.

Edited because TK is failing me today and is not saving drafts.

My happy thought of the day is how much I lucked out the day DH walked into my life.  Pretty sure I cashed in all of my luck that day.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Happy Friday!

Last night, my neck started to bug me, like I had slept on it funny, only the pain didn't start until I got home from work.  The pain wasn't bad, just irritating.  When I woke up this morning, the pain was shooting from my earlobe down to my hip in waves of fury I can almost taste, and I can barely move my head.  Needless to say, I'm pretty miserable.

I'm supposed to get my official transfer documentation today, although the HR people have been promising it to me for almost a week now.  I am excited about this job, but right now the guilt I have at uprooting DH is overpowering that.  He's sacrificed a lot for me, and he will continue to do so every 4-7 years for as long as I hold this position.  It's a lot to ask of anyone, and it'll make it really hard for him to establish a career of his own.  He told his boss yesterday about the move, and I think they are going to try to work with him in some aspect.  I also have tremendous guilt over the secret thoughts lurking in the back of my mind, but I'm too cowardly to talk about them here.  I don't want them to become real.  At the end of the day, I want DH to find a job that he loves, whether it's with his current company or a new one.

We have no plans for the weekend.  I'm leaving Sunday for a month of on-site training.  I wish I was more motivated to get through the tomes of reading I need to do to prepare for the job and become qualified/certified to do it.  I've been putting it off for some time, and now that I see the light at the end of the tunnel, it looks alarmingly like a freight train.
    I really do understand where you're coming from; since we did the same thing last year. I still feel guilty that I changed the plan we had for a better job. I worry that he'll never find something he loves here. What if I hate the job/co-workers me we uprooted our lives for something that doesn't work out. I worry about a lot of things. It's ok to talk about them (here or to people IRL). 

I always come back to the fact that he and I are a team. And we decided a long time ago that we'd take the best job either one of us got; its is it worked out that it's been me. But I know at some point it will be the reverse. 
  • I grounded myself this weekend. I need to really get the ball rolling on a new job.

I received an inheritance and I'm really torn on what to do with it. I can't decide if I'm okay with spending some on a fence, weed whacker, etc. and paying it back or just sitting on it and saving for these things.

We took BIL out for drinks last night for his 21st birthday. SIL turned 17 last week and she's upset that we didn't take her out. So now we gotta do that. She's a drop out, hangs out with much older (loser) kids and probably does drugs that scare me. IDK WTF to talk to her about, so that will be weird.

So, my mom was a HUGE Stones fan. My sister and I were half-jokingly talking about going to Vegas to see them in October. Just as I was sitting here, proud of myself for being responsible and not going, my Pandora plays a Stones song. Is that her telling me to go or telling me she approves of my responsibility?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Gearing up for tomorrow's meet.  Just got last week's results, and Wooz set personal bests in all three of her individual events.  After tomorrow, there is one more regular meet next Saturday, the league meet the following week, and we're out.

Looking forward to the anniversary dinner tomorrow. <3  I have to see if I can dig out our discs of wedding photos because yes, we are that old.  (I don't even know if our current laptop has a CD drive--I've never had a reason to look.)

It's been a busy week at work, so I'm hoping things start winding down today.  It is supposed to be 100 here on Sunday, which is insane.
  • I'm having coffee outside and watching the dog run in circles. Life is good. 
  • Someone just posted this video and I can't stop laughing (SFW):  

https://youtu.be/Nw5tkVwaH_0

Then, while looking for the youtube link for you guys, I also found this one:

https://youtu.be/40h7Hc5dAbk

and this (WTH, I don't remember the one with Tinky Winky in that wig!):

https://youtu.be/rGuABN1th48

Oh Internet....never change.
    I hope you are enjoying it on that truly fabulous front porch you have.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• It's friday. I am hoping I can convince FH to play pool tonight, though we probably shouldn't. All these plane tickets are hitting us. 
    Not a lot going on this weekend. Clean the house, cut the grass. 
    Work has been scary slow this week. We have our second largest show starting the first week of July. We should be steady right now but since we aren't, I know we are going to get slammed the next few weeks. Normally I don't mind because Yay Overtime but I have several appt this month that I would rather not miss.
    Such as our premarital counseling. Our first session was good. FH is making an effort to be open and honest, I appreciate that. He had bad experiences with therapist when he was a kid, was prescribed all sorts of ADD drugs. Our counselor is a stone cold fox though.
    I hope you are enjoying it on that truly fabulous front porch you have.
    I am. And it's fantastic!
  • Girls night was moved to tomorrow so our friend with the two babies can come!  So now I get to hang out with FI so I'm even more excited.  I like still liking him and dread the day I get used to him and take him for granted.  Not that it doesn't happen on occasion now, but mostly I'm excited to come home and see him.

See I told you I'm being extra lovey dovey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards