Knottie Tech Help

What is going on?

I can't reply or like anything on the mobile app. It took me 10 tries on my laptop to post this question because I get constantly logged out. What the what?

Re: What is going on?

• So it's not just me? I don't use the app, but I use the mobile site a lot, and it kicks me out at least once every time I use it.
  • I meant the mobile site, thanks for catching that. Last night I had to log in 10 times on my laptop to post anything.  

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I get logged out on my phone all the time.  Almost everytime I leave the page I'm on.
  • It's the regular site too! I'll be logged in, click on a thread, and be logged out. Then go back to the main page, and be magically logged back in. 

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2016
    mods, any ideas?

• I'm having the same problem as @thisismynickname. I tried posting about it yesterday but got logged out as soon as I logged in enough times to get to the create new discussion button!
  • I've had no login issues with the mobile site, yet, but the login issues on my laptop have rendered that site unusable for me.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Oh yes, and my display randomly resets itself to Greenwich Mean Time sometimes. Weird.
  • Phew, not just me. Any advice Knot mods?

• MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm also getting logged out of the desktop site. It's kinda annoying, thought it was just me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I have also been getting logged out, regular site, on my desktop.

Usually what I find, is when I first open the site (I stay logged in), it works, but as soon as I click on a thread, I am logged out. I have found that if I go back to the main page of threads and then click again into a specific thread, it's fine and I am still logged in.

At first I was constantly logging in every time I'd click a new page and it happened, but that doesn't help.
  • Oh yes, and my display randomly resets itself to Greenwich Mean Time sometimes. Weird.
    I don't have any problems getting logged out (yet) but my display randomly switches time zones all of the time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Okay, not just me. Mods, what is going on?

• Hey all,

Sorry for the delay on this- can anyone who's been experiencing this let me know what devices you're using so I can relay as much information as possible to tech? 

Tech has told me before something similar to this was a caching issue, and to resolve it you needed to clear your cache, but I understand that's annoying. So just let me know what you're using and I'll have tech investigate what's going on.

Thanks!
  • KnotRiley said:
    Hey all,

Sorry for the delay on this- can anyone who's been experiencing this let me know what devices you're using so I can relay as much information as possible to tech? 

Tech has told me before something similar to this was a caching issue, and to resolve it you needed to clear your cache, but I understand that's annoying. So just let me know what you're using and I'll have tech investigate what's going on.

Thanks!
    I'm on my Dell laptop.  I've tried clearing my cache, but it only works for a couple days.  For the record, I have had 0 problems since the 18th and did not do a cache clear, it seems to be intermittent for me.
  • I have the same issues as SP29.  At work I use a HP desktop on IE.  At home its an ASUS laptop with Chrome. 

Typically, when I get logged out, I can just refresh the page and I'm logged back in.  But not all of the time.  If the refreshing doesn't work, I go back out to the main board and re-enter the thread I am interested in.

• Chrome on a Dell at work, Chrome on a Chromebook at home. I have the most issues with the Dell. I had zero problems with the Dell until the work servers went through some kind of update and cleared out my Chrome history/settings/saved passwords. That's when things started getting ridiculous.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• No issues on my Toshiba laptop; all my issues have been on my iPhone 6s. Haven't tried FW's MacBook.
  • I've been getting automatically logged out online, sometimes whenever I switch to a different folder. I'm on PCs. But my mobile seems to be working normally.
  • Macbook on Safari is good.  iPad says to log in, so I do, but it never logs me in. Again and again and again

• Mobile android, on chrome and google. On my laptop on chrome and internet explorer.

• Thanks all! Seems like this is across most devices/browsers. I've relayed the info to our tech team and hoping it'll be a quick and easy resolution.

Thanks!
  • The problem seems to have gone away, thank you for fixing that @KnotRiley and tech team!

• The problem seems to have gone away, thank you for fixing that @KnotRiley and tech team!
    Let me know if it ends up returning! It's a tricky bug!
  • Mine keeps happening. Wah Wah!
  • I've cleared my cache on I.E., Firefox, and Chrome and still can't get it on. It's me isn't it?
  • KnotRiley said:
    Hey all,

Thanks!
    NOPE! Tell tech, clearing cache doesn't resolve the problem. It's a hot mess. I'm use a laptop, Chrome browser.

Is anyone else experiencing pop up ads that block the response box? 

• I'm having the issue again. I'm on an HP laptop, using both Chrome and IE. Every time I log in, the next screen- I'm logged right back out. I also tried an Incognito tab.
    Interestingly, this happened last Friday after I cleared my cache. This morning, I was clicking around on several boards without log-in luck. I came to this Tech Help board to see if others are having the issue- and magically I'm logged in enough to post this! 
    So weird! 

• @thisismynickname it's such a weird bug! I'm talking with them about it today.

@MairePoppy If you see that pop-up add again, can you try to grab a screenshot of it? I haven't experience that yet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards