Moms and Maids
Options

Wedding day gift for Bride?

Hi-

I am in a wedding that is in a few weeks and I wanted to get something special for the Bride to give her on her wedding day while we are getting ready or before when she checks into her room it will just be there. I was wondering if any bridesmaids did this for their bride or if anyone had any suggestions for a cute gift.

Thanks in advance

Re: Wedding day gift for Bride?

• Options

Hi-

I am in a wedding that is in a few weeks and I wanted to get something special for the Bride to give her on her wedding day while we are getting ready or before when she checks into her room it will just be there. I was wondering if any bridesmaids did this for their bride or if anyone had any suggestions for a cute gift.

Thanks in advance

This is a lovely gesture, but unnecessary.  If you can't think of something the bride would like, I would just skip it.

Flowers are something the bride will already have.  Maybe a bottle of decent champagne and orange juice so you can make some quality mimosas while you all get ready.   

• Options

Hi-

Thanks in advance

I wrote my sister a card/letter on her wedding day and she had written one for me. I know it meant a lot to her and it was a nice thing we both did with one another no also bought her and her H a wedding gift that I gave at the reception. 

I Think if there is something personal and thoughtful you want to give the bride on her wedding day I think that's nice, but I don't think it's necessary if there isn't something you know you want to do for her. 
  • Options
    I was the MOH in my best friend's wedding a few years ago. We've both lost our fathers and believe that they remind us they're around with cardinals (her) and dragonflies (me). I found a small enamel cardinal charm on Etsy and had it sewn onto her dress on the inside just where her heart is so that, in some way, her dad was walking her down the aisle. I knew that it would be an emotional moment when she saw the charm so I showed her the day before so her makeup wouldn't be ruined. 
  • Options
    I also designed and wrote my BFF a heartfelt card to give her on the morning of, and I second the vote for mimosas!

• Options

Hi-

Thanks in advance

I got my best friend a heartfelt card and "Mrs. (Husband's Last Name)" pajamas...but only because I knew that was something she would like. We also had a "sleepover" the two nights before in my hotel room, so I brought a few of our favorite movies and some popcorn and candy.

But this is a "know your audience" thing. I personally wouldn't have wanted the pajamas, but my BFF likes things like that. The card was probably the most personal part.

• Options
    Love the ideas about a card or champagne!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards