Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

I made it!  Pride went great.  No major issues and the issues we did have were finished by early afternoon.  We were packed up and pulling off the square at 10:30.  i had to get on the microphone more than I would've wanted to, but that's okay.  

3 favorite moments:

My stage manager called me over the walkie-talkies in a panic to the stage.  I ran to the stage and she whispered, "I've butt dialed 911!!!!"  I was laughing as I jogged to the police officers to let them know.

We had a meter for the fire hydrant to get water.  The fire marshal happened to be walking around at that time and helped us get it started.  The water came busting through and the hose did the movie thing where it started flailing all around while we were all frantically trying to catch it.

We somehow ended up an HOUR ahead of schedule.  AN HOUR at a festival running on queer standard time.  I still don't know how it happened.  Anyway, I was standing at a barrier, helping a vendor.  I heard a drum line playing.  Found them, invited them to the Pride stage.  They played for about 30 minutes, were totally amazing, the crowd loved them, and it filled up the time before our headliners.

I think I had approximately 500-600 people on the march and I think we had between 3000-3500 attendees.  The bands were all amazing, vendors were mostly happy, made some great connections, lots of smiling faces, and a lot of love and healing had.  The police officers were so amazing this year, even with the increased presence.  We did have one asshole who came to Pride with a sign about the 2nd Amendment deserved to exist and had a gun on his hip.  He never did anything, but really: doing that, at Pride, a week after the Orlando shootings, makes you an asshole.

Re: Tuesday!

• First day of summer break for me! That's all I've got. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @VarunaTT, the event sounds amazing.  Congratulations to you and your committee!
  • I had a sex dream a few years ago about a co-worker I didn't even find remotely attractive. Every time I saw him at work, I died a little inside and was sure he knew. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @varunatt that sounds great!  I love the hose story. 

@addiecake welcome to Juneish!  That's what FI calls the entire of summer. Hey what's today day? Juneish. 

@atomicblonde that's hilarious. Good luck girl!
  • AddieCake said:
    I had a sex dream a few years ago about a co-worker I didn't even find remotely attractive. Every time I saw him at work, I died a little inside and was sure he knew. 
    Yup that totally happened to me too, but it was my boss. Super embarrassed looking him in the eye. 

Todays agenda involved packing for the wedding, cat follow up appointment, and a meeting with the woman I'm essentially replacing at the new job. But we head out for a much needed break to celebrate SILs wedding tomorrow!
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2016
    It is dead here today. 

Yesterday, I got home to find that somehow, the cap had come off the 138 oz. of laundry detergent I bought at lunchtime and had spent the afternoon oozing all over the back of the car.  Fortunately, we have the weather proof mat back there, and that contained most of it.  But it got all over the stuff we keep back there (camp chairs, Wooz's car pillow, jumper cables), as well as the (clean) dry cleaning.  Grrrrrrrr.  Fed the kids, put DS in his swimsuit, and let him play with one of the hoses while I washed everything down.  He was happy, anyway.

I'm tired, y'all.  If I can just make it to Sunday afternoon, things will settle for a bit.  Morning swim practice ends Thursday.  My mom's biopsy is tomorrow.  Last meet of the season Saturday morning, team banquet that evening.  Oh, and that's also DH's birthday.  Wooz's party is Sunday afternoon.  After that, I'm doing fuck-all for a while.  Her actual birthday is next Tuesday, but that shouldn't be too intense--I have to wrap some things, set up her doll for her to find when she goes downstairs that morning, and order an ice cream cake for that evening.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2016
    YAY @VarunaTT!!  That sounds amazing. 

Boo @Heffalump!  I hate when shit like that happens. 

Day 2 of the kiddo's 'daycare' for DefConn.  It's going...OK.  I let him have a friend spend the night and guess who was asleep on the couch and DefConn was bugging me?  So that's not happening again. ;) 

I have an office day tomorrow.  Yay co-workers. YAY getting out of the house. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten I'm going to adopt "Juneish" Love it!
  • Its icky super hot here, 120 yesterday and 117 today... I haven't done much because it has been so hot. Poor FI has to work in the heat all day. He came home yesterday and flopped on the bed. The only thing I told him was to not put his work boots on the bed.

I'm not feeling well today. I'm hoping I make it all day at work but we will see.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Working today.  Or, trying to get started anyway.  I think I need some breakfast first.

Baseball season is starting to slow down.  Thursday the girls have their last games and two of Son's teams are done.  High School will play until the end of July and his all-star team will start playing in July and will last as long as we win.  We are all ready for a break.

• Re: sexy coworkers. 

We have a new man in the group who's good looking. I was told that one day he was working from home and had a Google Hangout meeting scheduled with the Big Boss. He evidently forgot his camera was on, and was on her screen in bed, disheveled. In the middle of the afternoon. Afternoon delight perhaps?? So now every time I see him I think of him getting afternoon action. Hahaha. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2016
    I need a do-over on this day...already. 

1) My work connection keeps dumping me off.  
    2) Defconn's been complaining off and on of ear pain.  He just started crying and seems warm.  Doctor's visit is in order this afternoon. 
    3) FIL's dog apparently got into mouse poison and is in the emergency vet.  Sounds like they are able to fix him up, but it's some seriously scary shit.  I was terrified that I was going to have to tell my kids that the dog died and they love that little stinker to pieces.  

ETA: Well, shit.  Apparently, they called FIL back and the dog's liver isn't doing well.  He may not make it.  Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. 

My nerves are shot.  I could use a bourbon. 
  • :::hugs::: Conn, that stinks
  • edited June 2016
    That really sucks @mrs.conn23, know how you feel this week. Pet emergencies are terrible and you can't tell the pet that they'll be okay. Hoping for really good news.

ETA: Drink all the bourbon. 
  • All the hugs @mrs.conn23.  I'm hoping for good news for you. Pet emergencies are the worst, and I haven't figured out which sucks more, the known or the unknown.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2016
    I need a do-over on this day...already. 

1) My work connection keeps dumping me off.  
    2) Defconn's been complaining off and on of ear pain.  He just started crying and seems warm.  Doctor's visit is in order this afternoon. 
    3) FIL's dog apparently got into mouse poison and is in the emergency vet.  Sounds like they are able to fix him up, but it's some seriously scary shit.  I was terrified that I was going to have to tell my kids that the dog died and they love that little stinker to pieces.  

ETA: Well, shit.  Apparently, they called FIL back and the dog's liver isn't doing well.  He may not make it.  Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. 

My nerves are shot.  I could use a bourbon. 
    Oh no!  Lots of healthy doggy and DefConn vibes.  ETA:

httpfampzabroaderperspectnetdna-cdncomwp-contentuploads201311bourbon-on-the-rocks-290x290jpg

• ((((((Hugs)))))))))))) @mrs.conn23!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @VarunaTT -I'm so glad Pride went well!!!!!

@mrs.conn23- I hope the pup is doing alright.
  • @mrs.conn23 I hope the dog was able to pull through! All of the hugs for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards