Wedding Woes

Wednesday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2016 in Wedding Woes
It's gross and rainy.  Fits my mood.  ;)

I got very little sleep.  DefConn has a gnarly double ear infection.  He ended up in my bed at 3am and was quite uncomfortable for about an hour before the dose of motrin I gave him kicked in.  (*totally spelled my title wrong initially...proof of my exhaustion.) 

The kiddo has poison ivy.  

No word on FIL's dog.  

I'm in the office today, which is a nice change of pace.  I hope I don't fall asleep at my desk though.  :D 

What's up in your world? 

Re: Wednesday

• I woke up with a headache, which means it will be with me all day. 

I'm doing a whole lot of nothing today. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited June 2016

Morning!

So sorry to hear about DefConn. Ear infections are awful. And the poor kiddo getting poison ivy! Sounds like you guys just need to go back on vacation :D 

DH is home! Woohoo!!! Last night was great. I made dinner (which he could not stop raving over- because of the restaurant food for 4 months thing, not because it was that good). We rented a movie, The Boy, which is a doll movie that actually turned out to be really good. I'm not usually a fan of them.

I didn't sleep too well, though. It's hard to adjust to sharing a queen sized bed with someone after having it completely to yourself for months. Plus, our room was really stuffy for some reason. I'm worried that the air is breaking down :/

I wish I didn't have to be at work today. It would be so nice to just spend some time at home with DH like a normal couple. At least we have the weekend for that :) plus it was super nice having someone to say bye to when I left this morning. It's the little things!

ETF words because TK is doing super weird things

• I'm exhausted. I've been working 11-12 hour days since I got here (since all I have to go home to is an empty hotel room), and for once in my life, it's actual WORK, not just paper pushing (literally, from one side of the desk to the other).  I love it, but it's utterly exhausting. I almost fell asleep at my desk this morning. 

I survived yesterday, and had no embarrassing sex dreams about my co-worker last night, so today is already shaping up to be a little better than yesterday. I still can't look at him without thinking, "HE KNOWS SHITSHITSHIT" so now he probably thinks I'm a weirdo because I can't meet his eyes when we're talking and I turn beet red when I do.  I don't see that changing any time soon.

:flushed:

Oh, well.

The puppy has, it seems, discovered a love of cucumbers and has started picking them off the vine and eating them. Toothless, as usual, is raiding the tomatoes and eating THEM off the vine. I don't know why I try. There won't be anything left for me when I get home. 

@mrs.conn23, I have all my strongest vibes pulling for your FIL's dog. Sorry to hear about DefConn and the kiddo, too.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm exhausted too.  FI and I went to the Tigers game last night and didn't get home until 1.  It was a blast though.  It was Bark in the Park so there were dogs everywhere.  We were totally that dogless couple hanging out in the dog area petting strange people's dogs!

I'm starting to lose hope for this new job.  The VP still hasn't called me, despite reaching out over Memorial Weekend to say he would and my referral hasn't brought it up in weeks either.  I'm mourning that a little bit, because I was really excited about this new challenge and growth opportunity.  Hopefully, it's just me being over anxious and them being really slow.  The job is still posted.
  • It's rainy here as well. 

I shampooed half the couch last night and damn it looks good this morning.  I'll do the other half tonight.  It's just too damn big to do all at once.

My Gear VR came yesterday and it's pretty awesome.  The only drawback is that it's a single user thing.  Still, it's really cool.

• We're on the road. Dropping the cat off in Buffalo then on to New Hampshire. We just drove through Cleveland and you can see the parade craziness even from the highway. Happy celebrating Cavs fans. 

Hang in there @mrs.conn23, pulling for DefConn to feel better soon and good news on the dog!
  • Still pretty tired.  Stayed up far too late helping K with costuming for this competition she's in.  This competition was shady anyway; last night night it became even more shady.  I'm over it.

Life is at a somewhat normal pace again.  My apartment looks like it threw up Pride and I'm ignoring it right now.  We've received a ton of compliments from the police, the city, and our downtown association, so I'm really pleased with that.

Can it be Saturday already?  
  • Good morning y'all.

Work has been actually work this week, that's why I have mostly been lurking lately.

Today I have news that I can't quite share with the general public yet. FH has been working with this recruiter for months about this job in the UAE. Today the dude said we should start looking for places. We could be there in 2 months or so. We would have to cancel the wedding. I don't really care about that but I feel bad for al the people that have already bought plane tickets and accommodations. I am suddenly freaking out.
  • FIL had to put his dog down.  :(  God, I feel so freaking awful for him.  My kids are going to be heartbroken. 
  • :cry: ((((((((HUGS)))))))) I'm so sorry, @mrs.conn23. I can't imagine how hard this is. I was really hoping for a happy outcome. 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Oh no, @mrs.conn23!!! I'm so sorry. Hugs and warm thoughts for you and your family.  :(<3
  • So sorry @mrs.conn23. Telling the kids will be tough.
  • Oh @mrs.conn23 I'm so sorry.  Losing a pet is so hard. (hugs)
  • I'm so sorry mrs.conn. :(

My H's dad's family is an absolute trainwreck. They have two teenage kids who are dropouts and there's various other loser kids living with them (currently there's one girl living there whose baby was taken away because her boyfriend [not the father] shook the baby and the father is in jail and H's stepmom is upset that another kid cannot move in after he's released from jail because they have [legal] guns in their house. but they're "good kids"). We found out today that they are having a party for grandma's 80th birthday. Today. At 4. H and I have been avoiding going over there due to aforementioned train wreck but now we're the assholes who can't go to this party because we have jobs. Poor H is upset because they never tell him anything and when they do, it's total last minute and half assed.

Hopefully we can take grandma and grandpa out for breakfast or something this weekend.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • ((((((Hugs)))))))) @mrs.conn23. So sorry about the dog.

@ShesSoCold, I'm sure grandma and grandpa will understand, and they'll probably appreciate the time just with you and H more than they will the party. Hope it works out!
  • Morning!

So sorry to hear about DefConn. Ear infections are awful. And the poor kiddo getting poison ivy! Sounds like you guys just need to go back on vacation :D 

DH is home! Woohoo!!! Last night was great. I made dinner (which he could not stop raving over- because of the restaurant food for 4 months thing, not because it was that good). We rented a movie, The Boy, which is a doll movie that actually turned out to be really good. I'm not usually a fan of them.

I didn't sleep too well, though. It's hard to adjust to sharing a queen sized bed with someone after having it completely to yourself for gmonths. Plus, our room was really stuffy for some reason. I'm worried that the air is breaking down :/

I wish I didn't have to be at work today. It would be so nice to just spend some time at home with DH like a normal couple. At least we have the weekend for that :) plus it was super nice having someone to say bye to when I left this morning. It's the little things!

ETF words because TK is doing super weird things

Spoiler alert! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards