Wedding Woes

Monday

I really need to de-Mom my handbag this morning.  In addition to the usual stuff, I think I'm carrying two toy cars, a Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood coloring book, two handfuls of crayons, and assorted cake-sized Frozen Fever paper plates with matching cocktail napkins.

That said, we all survived the weekend.  For anyone who is on FB, DH and I both really thought Wooz took first in freestyle, but when the final league championship awards were handed out, she had a 1st place medal for backstroke, second place for freestyle, her relay team nabbed a third place medal, and she had a 7th place ribbon for butterfly.  So that kid managed to place in every single event she swam in the league championships.  So proud.  :)  And now Y swim league is done 'til next May, and her tryout for Junior Swim League is in a few weeks. 

Made it through the party yesterday.  We had someone so bold as to RSVP at 8:something yesterday morning for a 1:00 party.  BUT we had space and extra favors, so we said why not.  DH and I were kind of meh on the place (Wooz had her 5th birthday there, too), but she loved it, so I guess that's the important thing.

Wooz is at camp at DS's preschool this week, and it is awesome.  No prep work (except for their field trip Thursday), just slather some sunscreen on and she's out the door. 

Wooz's birthday is tomorrow, my mom's PET scan is Thursday, follow-up with the surgeon Friday.  Oncologist most likely next week, to be scheduled after her appointment with the surgeon.

Re: Monday

• My husband finally mowed the grass!

During the course of the school year, I let our office become a disaster, and getting it organized is my planned task for today. 

I'm making Italian beef for dinner, and it already smells amazing in the crock pot, which is going to make the next 8 hours until dinner hella long. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Weekend was all right.  

We had dinner with my parents on Friday.  It was nice.  I found out my uncle's STBEx-wife was removed from their home by court order because she refuses to show it so it can be sold, and they can finalize the divorce.  She keeps topping the crazy. 

Saturday, I worked.  DH built a sandbox for DefConn and pit for our grill.  Yesterday, we went to FIL's.  SIL was there with my baby nephew (she was on her way out of town and heading home) and SIL/BIL/nieces got into town Saturday night and were at FIL's too.  All of the grandkids were together for the first time since my nephew was born (and uh, I just had the revelation...LOL).  

After SIL and nephew headed home, FIL/SIL/DH/the kids started cleaning out FIL's garage.  I made lunch and did dishes since I was wearing a maxi skirt and flip flops.  I went out and helped a little bit, but I was kind of limited.  

Last night was just housework and TV.  
  • I did a lot this weekend, but it was all inside mostly.  I finally feel fully recovered from last weekend.  Spent a lot of time cleaning my desk up, writing about half the thank you notes I need, and re-organizing my life.  

Saturday night, K had a show in a benefit performance for another performer that is suffering from a medical mystery right now.  Rest of the time I was working on K's costumes for Tuesday's competition.  It's fun b/c I feel like I'm back in theatre.  She's also got a show we're traveling for on Friday, so it'll be a nice weekend out.  And we actually have a date tonight.  I have a friend who just gave me free tickets to a helluva concert tonight.  I can't remember the last time we got to go on a real live date that wasn't somehow related to one of our hobbies/organizations/ business, but it was well before Pride.  So, this'll be fun.
  • We had a fantastic weekend at the wedding and seeing all the family. H's family is great and they like to party so we had a really great time. His parents essentially buy a fully stocked bar to their suites for weddings (we've had a lot this year) and they sent us home with a case of liquor. 

We we made a Costco run this morning to restock everything that spoiled over the weekend and picked up the dog from the boarders. I swear he looked a little sad that he was going home. When they got him from the run all his puppy friends were standing on the fence to say goodbye. Makes me feel better about leaving him for 5 days. 

@Heffalump love DS and the balloon! How long has Wooz been swimming? She's sounds crazy good. 
  • I had my 25th high school reunion and had so much fun reminiscing with all of the ladies. We only had 77 girls in our class, so everyone knew everyone. Now I'm at my mom's eating too much and making the rounds seeing family and friends. 

I always have a good time when I come home. It is hot as hell in Nola, though. 
  • AC tech just left, it is costing an arm and a leg to get it fixed - ugh! Luckily parts are still under warranty but of course labor isn't! This has been an ongoing problem - we could have bought a new unit for what we have spent on this and it was a new unit at the time the problems started!

• @Heffalump love DS and the balloon! How long has Wooz been swimming? She's sounds crazy good. 
    She has been swimming basically her whole life.  The summer she turned 1, we put her in Mommy & me swim, and when she turned 3 we moved her into independent classes.  This is her second year of summer league at the Y.  We started it because as she was mobile, she wouldn't stay away from water, so we figured she'd better know how to swim.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The weekend was a blur.  Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market.  There wasn't much ready yet and the kids were being terrors.  Saturday night we went to the Crew game.  It was awesome-except the guys that almost got into a fight behind us and the woman that was pissed at M2 blowing her horn. 

Sunday was we went to the fireworks store (we didn't get anything that shoots in the air), then the kids had a water fight.  DH grilled some huge pork chops and potatos and corn on the cob and we had a nice dinner on the patio.

The peach truck came through town so tonight I'm grilling chicken and we'll have some grilled peaches for dessert.  I love summer.
  • Weekend was great. 
    Work today went by as quickly as could be hoped for. 
    Riding tonight. Premarital counseling on Wednesday. Riding again Thursday. FRIDAY! Hopefully, I don't have to work Saturday so we can leave for Charleston Friday night.

FMIL texted me today. She is excited because she booked the room for the rehearsal dinner/meet and greet. FH hasn't told her yet about the job moving forward and the increased possibility of canceling the October wedding. It is his news to tell, I understand why he hasn't told her yet, but I hope she didn't have to put too much money down. 
    I am in an awkward spot because there are so many things I feel like I should be lining up, ordering, thinking about but it is hard to get excited about something you don't think is going to happen.
  • Grilled peaches? I'll be right over, @6fsn.
  • Weekend was great. Party went well and the food was delish and of course I made way too much. On Sunday we went to FFILs and FI and his dad golfed while FSMIL rode around the club on our own cart drinking Summer Shandys and playing with a Boston Terrier puppy. Seriously, I need all of the dogs. 

Today was a great day at work. I was congratulated on a promotion I actually haven't received, so fingers crossed its actually offered ASAP. I love sales, but this more consultative role is taking 1-2 days a week out of my normal schedule and thus hurting my current income. I know it's an investment into a future job, but 6 months pre wedding when you're a commissioned employee and that's an expensive investment!

My sis asked about Fi's trip and I cried. She condescendingly said "oh you'll be fine."  She's been annoying me lately so I responded with "I know I'll be fine, I'm not dying, but I'm PMSing and I'll miss him so damnit I'm crying."
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Grilled peaches? I'll be right over, @6fsn.
    They were soooooo good.  The kids hated them so MORE FOR ME
  • @6fsn so you're hosting the first ever WW get together and grilling peaches for all of us then, right?  :D

The weekend was very low key and DH and I basically just hung out doing normal couple things. It was so nice!!! We ran errands, went to church, cooked, etc... all things we haven't done together in months. I even baked a cake because apparently I am Martha Stewart now. Go figure.

@kimmiinthemitten you have every right to feel sad and miss him! Trust me, I understand the feeling and it sucks sometimes!

• @6fsn so you're hosting the first ever WW get together and grilling peaches for all of us then, right?  :D

The weekend was very low key and DH and I basically just hung out doing normal couple things. It was so nice!!! We ran errands, went to church, cooked, etc... all things we haven't done together in months. I even baked a cake because apparently I am Martha Stewart now. Go figure.

@kimmiinthemitten you have every right to feel sad and miss him! Trust me, I understand the feeling and it sucks sometimes!
    It sucks all of the times.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

There have been quite a few of these over the years. Sometimes 2 person meetups, and sometimes epic gtgs in DC. Even CS/Ww's funeral. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards