Wedding Woes

shoes

*Barbie**Barbie* member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2016 in Wedding Woes
Did anyone else take advantage of the huge sale at DSW last weekend? I went to 2 stores and got 7 pairs of shoes. I may have a problem. 

I'm wearing these today. 
My shoeoftheday is a peeptoe dorsay pump from unisa blackandwhite popofcolor summer style fashion cute shoes workit heels

Re: shoes

• Those are fabulous!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Love those, and I totally didn't!

My job calls for flats and unfortunately over the last 8 years of not wearing heels everyday I've lost my heel wearing mojo.  Damned old feet.

Share your other pairs so I can live vicariously through you!

• Those are great. I'm with @kimmiinthemitten though about not being able to wear heels, so I too will live vicariously through your pictures.

• Love them!  I'm totally jealous you can wear heels - I'm in the flats camp.

• I'm in Camp Composite-Toe Boot.

...so sexy.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Those shoes are gorgeous!!!!!!!!
  • Those are gorgeous!

I'm jealous. When my office had a business casual dress code I wore fun shoes all the time. Now that we're a jeans-wearing office, I wear nothing but ballet flats. I have this weird feeling that if I paired cute heels with jeans and pretty tops that I'd be dressed for an evening out, not work. 
    Yawn. 

...so sexy.

I keep my steel toes in my car, along with my safety glasses, hard hat and safety vest.  In the summer I keep closed toe flats back there too JIC a customer has a no open toe policy.

...so sexy.
    I have a pair of steel toe boots and a hard hat in my car for the rare days that I have to do site walks. 
  • today - this is actually a departure for me because usually my flats are flip flops, but I have a project that's going to involve a fair amount of walking in the office. The pictures don't do these justice - the stones have a lot of sparkle. My shoeoftheday is a t-strap sandal from kellyandkatie I thought the design and stones were really cuteshoes fashion style twist grey newshoes somethingdifferent summer hothothot
  • Another DSW sale pair - a pretty muted gold.
    I needed some new sandals. Took advantage of the huge sale at DSW and got some cute gold bandolino sandals for my shoeoftheday I got a few more pairs that Ill be posting soon shoes shoelover rewards style golden sparkles wedges gold metallic soshiny
  • I have serious show envy right now. More so because we're on a no frills budget with all the stuff we need for the house and switching jobs. My feet are sad. 
  • @Barbie I want all of your shoes. So many pretties.
  • a colleague and i did an experiment about 9 years ago after our female manager gave us both talks about wearing more heels and skirts/dresses to the office. she (like the two of us) usually just wore slacks and a nicer shirt - all well within the realm of business casual, and completely normal for our office. we decided to wear heels and dresses/skirts every day for a week just to see what happened. the response was amazing - we both got a ton of compliments that week. that triggered the start of the massive collection of heels.

I have serious show envy right now. More so because we're on a no frills budget with all the stuff we need for the house and switching jobs. My feet are sad. 

i told DK that i justify it as a job expense. he just rolls his eyes. I get most of them on sale, and I'm not buying jimmy choos or louboutins. i totally get where you're coming from though - we've been through the moves/job changes/medical expenses and that stuff always comes first. 

i joined instagram late last year and started adding shoe pics, recently. 
  • here's a few more:
    nine west:My shoeoftheday for today is an open toe wedge from ninewest  I love the bright colors and animal-esque print shoes animalprint tropical bright colorful summer opentoe wedges wood fashion style
    adrianna papell (wore these during the playoffs for the Pens):

My shoeoftheday is blackandgold haircalf pumps by adriannapapell  Representing for my hometown boys the pittsburghpenguins in honor of their first stanleycup finals win last night letsgopens pittsburgh yinzer love ineedabonino rusty Crosby murray flower highheels 3togo
    these are one of my favorite pairs because the color transition reminds me of my birthstone/favorite gemstone, Alexandrite- by Enzo Angiolini:
    love these Enzo Angiolini heels - they were my shoeoftheday shoes colorful sequins green purple silver enzoangiolini coach style peeptoe

I liked these so much that I got them in 2 colors:
    Shoes of the day aldo fuscia salmon highheels sandals killingit
    New purse and shoes for work today Bringing a little brightness to a rainyday in Houston coach aldo springisintheair soshiny iridescent
  • My boots look less and less sexy. :cry:

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• My boots look less and less sexy. :cry:
    on the plus side, your toes won't get crushed. 
  • Those are gorgeous!

I'm jealous. When my office had a business casual dress code I wore fun shoes all the time. Now that we're a jeans-wearing office, I wear nothing but ballet flats. I have this weird feeling that if I paired cute heels with jeans and pretty tops that I'd be dressed for an evening out, not work. 
    Yawn. 

I do the same! I *could* wear heels I'm sure, I actually did the first few months I worked there, but now it's just easier to throw on my neutral flats, jeans, and solid cardigan and call it a day. 
  • today - surprisingly comfortable

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards