Wedding Woes

GLuess whose kidney stone did NOT get passed a few weeks ago?

So the Mr. took me to the ER and we spent from 8 pm until 2 am there.  Confirmed it was a stone...found a new 10 on the pain scale, and now I get to wait at home to pass it.

Since it started at bedtime, we called the ILs, who swooped down and took Buffy overnight, so I can be home and medicated with impunity.

Re: GLuess whose kidney stone did NOT get passed a few weeks ago?

• Ugh. I'm so sorry. I have a friend whose husband just passed his over the weekend after dealing with it for over a month. Ouch! Vibes it passes as quickly as possible!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That sucks. Can't they do anything beyond drugs and wait?
  • Nooo!  :( That sucks. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oooh I'm sorry
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    they said 4 mm is small enough to try to pass @ home, so...drugs and wait.

Although, ERs are the home of the relativity that makes you re-examine your life.  I was in  pain, but other than that'fine' (as in, getting better)
    The next room has a very sweet, very upset 10 year old oncology patient--whose dad was awesome but mom wasn't there and the kid wanted her and it was heartbreaking.

I was OK w/ waiting longer for meds because they were getting her calmed down.  It was hard (and they were having to do a transfer to a bette rhospital option, and she was scared and it all sucked.  But the staff was awesome for her [and me, but, I was coping])
  • Oh no! That sounds awful. I'm hoping it passes quickly.
    I'm sorry :-(
  • My hospital does all the urology surgery in my city and I see a TON od kidney stones. My best recommendation is to drink enough water so that you are peeing every 30 minutes or so. Make sure you are drinking and eating a variety of options so you dont' get electrolyte imbalances.
  • Ouch! Sending healing vibes your way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards