Wedding Classifieds

ISO sheets or burlap in bulk

I am looking for a large amount of flat sheets or a large amount of burlap to cover haybales at my ceremony. My ceremony is at a separate location from my reception, so renting chairs is not an option for me. We are also on a very tight budget and I have found sheets to purchase for much cheaper than I can rent chairs and I would not want to rent chairs to use for just 20 minutes (we are having a short ceremony). I know everyone is going to give the negatives about having hay bales for seating, but we don't have any other choice.  Even if the budget wasn't involved, I would want it anyway because it's always been my dream and my fiance is a farmer.

Re: ISO sheets or burlap in bulk

• Have you ever sat on burlap, wearing a dress?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Yes, I have. This is what I want for my wedding.
  • Yes, I have. This is what I want for my wedding.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • edited July 2016
    I thought about burlap chair covers for about two minutes, then realized how uncomfortable they would be. Comfort trumps vision every time.
  • Nothing makes a hay bale more comfortable, and certainly nothing as flimsy as a sheet.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2016
    I am looking for a large amount of flat sheets or a large amount of burlap to cover haybales at my ceremony. My ceremony is at a separate location from my reception, so renting chairs is not an option for me. We are also on a very tight budget and I have found sheets to purchase for much cheaper than I can rent chairs and I would not want to rent chairs to use for just 20 minutes (we are having a short ceremony). I know everyone is going to give the negatives about having hay bales for seating, but we don't have any other choice.  Even if the budget wasn't involved, I would want it anyway because it's always been my dream and my fiance is a farmer.
    You are saying that your childhood wedding vision is more important than the comfort of your guests?  No, no, no!
    Yes, you do have a choice.  You can value your guests comfort and you can rent chairs or you can have your ceremony at your reception site.  You are choosing your vision instead.  Not a very nice choice.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Agreed with the above that this isn't a great idea. 
    However if you are set on the hay bales, I'd recommend using a heavier and softer type of fabric than sheets or burlap. Some sort of blanket perhaps. Burlap in a dress sounds horrible. 
  • Ironring said:
    Agreed with the above that this isn't a great idea. 
    However if you are set on the hay bales, I'd recommend using a heavier and softer type of fabric than sheets or burlap. Some sort of blanket perhaps. Burlap in a dress sounds horrible. 
    Something like this, again, if you must:

http://pilotshq.com/product_info.php?cPath=70&products_id=5563

Renting chairs is not that expensive, nor is it difficult. Just explain your situation to the rental company, and as long as you pay your bill, they'll work with you.
  • Do you realize that there are tons of people out there like me with sensitive skin? If you made me sit on a HAY BALE on top of burlap I would get an immediate rash. And then I would have to go to the ER.

For which I would then want to bill you. Because your vision was more important than my comfort.

Not to mention any damage the hay did to my expensive cocktail dress.

You need to rethink this, OP. 
  • jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2016
    Also, hay allergies.  Seriously, do you belong to a church or any other club?  Have a high school, VFW, armory, or community center in your neighborhood?  Talk to them and ask if you can rent their folding chairs.  I'm sure you can negotiate a much better price than a rental company.

I find it really hard to believe that your dream is to have people you claim to love sit on itchy, poky hay without thought to their comfort.  Surely there are better dreams to be had that doesn't make the people you love uncomfortable.

ETA:  If you absolutely must do this, then I would wrap the bales in plastic/tarps first and then make sure that the fabric is tucked underneath so it doesn't move.  Otherwise, hay is going to poke through whatever cheap sheets you're planning to buy and that's hella uncomfortable.
  • jacques27 said:
    Also, hay allergies.  Seriously, do you belong to a church or any other club?  Have a high school, VFW, armory, or community center in your neighborhood?  Talk to them and ask if you can rent their folding chairs.  I'm sure you can negotiate a much better price than a rental company.

I find it really hard to believe that your dream is to have people you claim to love sit on itchy, poky hay without thought to their comfort.  Surely there are better dreams to be had that doesn't make the people you love uncomfortable.

ETA:  If you absolutely must do this, then I would wrap the bales in plastic/tarps first and then make sure that the fabric is tucked underneath so it doesn't move.  Otherwise, hay is going to poke through whatever cheap sheets you're planning to buy and that's hella uncomfortable.
    Funeral homes also have chairs a-plenty. That's where I'm getting ours (my cousin owns a funeral home).
  • Thank you all so much for all the kind remarks of YOUR vision of MY wedding :) I'm sure mine will be much better than any of your city-venue weddings. Your hard chairs or church pews are going to be just as uncomfortable, sorry to bust your bubble. I've never found any wooden, plastic, or metal chair to be comfortable. If your allergies are a problem, I would think you would be smart enough to not try to sit on a hay bale. And yes, I do believe it is MY wedding for MY visions to come true and they do trump your comfort. None of my guests have a problem with haybale seating, only you Negative Nancy's. Where I'm from, that's what everyone has for seating unless your ceremony is in a church. Last I checked, everyone has a wedding of their own vision, not someone else's.
  • edited July 2016
    Not only rude, but accusing us of classism? Not cool, OP, not cool.

ETA: Will you and FI be sitting on hay bales too?
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited July 2016
    Thank you all so much for all the kind remarks of YOUR vision of MY wedding :) I'm sure mine will be much better than any of your city-venue weddings. Your hard chairs or church pews are going to be just as uncomfortable, sorry to bust your bubble. I've never found any wooden, plastic, or metal chair to be comfortable. If your allergies are a problem, I would think you would be smart enough to not try to sit on a hay bale. And yes, I do believe it is MY wedding for MY visions to come true and they do trump your comfort. None of my guests have a problem with haybale seating, only you Negative Nancy's. Where I'm from, that's what everyone has for seating unless your ceremony is in a church. Last I checked, everyone has a wedding of their own vision, not someone else's.
    Oh, dear Lord!  How old are you?

Your wedding can be whatever you envision - until you invite guests.
    Your wedding is all about you - until you invite guests.
    Me!  Me!  Me!  MY VISION!  MY WEDDING!
    Grow up.

When you invite guests to a social function (This is what your wedding actually IS.), their comfort and well being becomes your first concern.  Since you are not willing to do this, you should have a private ceremony and indulge your selfish vision to your heart's desire.

When I grew up in rural Iowa, I was taught good manners and concern for others.  Someone obviously neglected this part of your education.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thank you all so much for all the kind remarks of YOUR vision of MY wedding :) I'm sure mine will be much better than any of your city-venue weddings. Your hard chairs or church pews are going to be just as uncomfortable, sorry to bust your bubble. I've never found any wooden, plastic, or metal chair to be comfortable. If your allergies are a problem, I would think you would be smart enough to not try to sit on a hay bale. And yes, I do believe it is MY wedding for MY visions to come true and they do trump your comfort. None of my guests have a problem with haybale seating, only you Negative Nancy's. Where I'm from, that's what everyone has for seating unless your ceremony is in a church. Last I checked, everyone has a wedding of their own vision, not someone else's.
    My vision was to ride down the aisle on a unicorn that farted rainbows, but that didn't happen.  Also, I was six and have since grown up.

So you'd force guests to stand, or not even attend at all?  Sweetie, hay allergies would prevent guests from even setting foot in your venue.  When the needs of guests are ignored to the point where they cannot even attend, all it does is scream, "I'm entitled and I don't care enough about you to take your health concerns into consideration, because ME."

This was never about a budget.  Chairs are cheap.  The amount of sheets and burlap you would need will likely cost as much as renting actual chairs for your guests.

And for the record, I'd much rather sit on a plastic folding chair for any amount of time than be forced to sit (or stand!  In heels!) on hay bales, enduring the dust, the allergy-induced streaming eyes and itchy nose, and the angry red welts that would arise from being poked through my fancy dress by sharp hay edges.

This is a really tasteless and poor attitude to hold.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Oh man, your guests are going to talk so much shit about you. This sounds like a disaster. Good luck. 
  • Your dream sucks.

• geebee908geebee908 member
    edited July 2016
    Anyone with grass allergies (and that's a lot of people) would be miserable and may not be able to attend your ceremony. I hope you are going to give your guests a heads-up about your choice of seating so they can avoid the ER.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards