Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2016 in Wedding Woes
I had to make phone calls AGAIN this morning about DefConn's HepA follow-up shot.  The amount of phone calls and e-mails I've made about this is ridiculous.  I hope we're done.  Poor kid doesn't even know he's getting another shot.  That's going to be fun.  ;)  

ETA:  Just had to take another phone call, from the doc's office.  Because the school nurse said DefConn's appt wasn't exactly 6 mos (off by 2 days), we had to move it.  So the docs office called saying they were sending the updated appt information to school and then bitched to me about how the school/nurse was 'being picky'.  Whatevs, yo.  I just don't want my kid to get 2 shots or have to talk about this ever again. 

I found the appeal process for our land valuation.  And we're lucky because the house was bought less than 3 years ago, so our purchase agreement and appraisal are still valid.  That should help our case tremendously. 

My mom said that if my house could really sell for that much, she'd reinstate her license and sell our house.  We'd all make a killing.  I don't think we're that good at the real estate game. 

We're in the second full week of school and the kiddo is slacking on waking up with his alarm.  I hope he schedules only afternoon classes when he's in college and works a job at night.  ;) 

Re: Tuesday!

• I had the migraine from hell last night.  It was one of those migraines that came out of nowhere and laid me absolutely flat.  I haven't had one of those in years, so I was unprepared for the astronomical level of suck it entailed.  

I woke up with it still lingering, but it seems to have gone away now (knock on wood).

On the plus side, I slept completely through the night for the first time since I can't remember when, and even though I didn't feel particularly rested when I woke up, the uninterrupted sleep was AWESOME.  No zombie dreams, woo.

I am trying to read new books by new authors, and the more I read, the more I remember why I don't try new authors.  It's like the art of storytelling has died.  What happened to "show, don't tell"?  I currently can't decide if I am enjoying the book I'm reading or not.  I keep comparing it to Stephen King (it's "horror", supposedly, but I'm not remotely horrified), so I hate it in that respect.  But then I compare it to Kristen Hannah (not horror, obvi, but The Nightingale was lifeless and gross), and I'm like, THIS BOOK IS AWESOME.

Perspective is such a heartless bitch.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• We're having a lazy Tuesday.  I'm doing the bare minimum of housework, then we're headed for the pool with the babies.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I had the migraine from hell last night.  It was one of those migraines that came out of nowhere and laid me absolutely flat.  I haven't had one of those in years, so I was unprepared for the astronomical level of suck it entailed.  

I woke up with it still lingering, but it seems to have gone away now (knock on wood).

On the plus side, I slept completely through the night for the first time since I can't remember when, and even though I didn't feel particularly rested when I woke up, the uninterrupted sleep was AWESOME.  No zombie dreams, woo.

I am trying to read new books by new authors, and the more I read, the more I remember why I don't try new authors.  It's like the art of storytelling has died.  What happened to "show, don't tell"?  I currently can't decide if I am enjoying the book I'm reading or not.  I keep comparing it to Stephen King (it's "horror", supposedly, but I'm not remotely horrified), so I hate it in that respect.  But then I compare it to Kristen Hannah (not horror, obvi, but The Nightingale was lifeless and gross), and I'm like, THIS BOOK IS AWESOME.

Perspective is such a heartless bitch.
    I have the same problem. I try new authors and end up finishing only two-thirds of the book then reread something I've already read three times. I'm rereading A Song of Ice and Fire now. 

I'm coming down with a cold right before orientation where I have to make small talk with dozens of people including the Dean of my college. Awesome. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've got a training session at 10 am.  I hope the kids stay outside.

MIL is being a pill about this visit- wants to change the date, pouty that they can't go to a movie.  I'm being a brat- I could changed the date, but don't want to.  I invited them to stay for dinner (eat at 5, they wanted to do a 3:55 movie) but they said no because they have to let the dog out. 

All the back to school shopping I did over the weekend should start to arrive today.
  • So BFF is making this surprise harder and harder every minute.

Last night she called and made reservations for 9:45 at the restaurant we have fake plans at.  Okay, fine we can call and cancel, and the friend who is fake meeting us is going to text us on her way home from work and say she's going to meet us at the tattoo parlor since it's on the way and we have time to kill.  Got that handled.

This morning, her BF texts to say she asked him to join us at the tattoo shop.  Ugh.  Okay, then FI will go to the restaurant and get the tables and balloons and corral all the people.

What else can she possibly throw at me in the next 4 days? 

Thank god she is one of those girls that never leaves the house looking sloppy so I know she'll be up for a drink after the tattoo, but DAMN!  Stop being so Type A!
  • All of that is why I never try to plan surprises @kimmiinthemitten; I'm stressed hair ready about all the changes in plans!

@Heffalump you Mom sounds like such a badass. Good for her going to work like chemo is nothing! 
  • @Heffalump That is awesome - I'm glad your mom is doing so well.  You get such a small window between diagnosis and serious treatment that her resolve is really amazing!
  • @Heffalump your mom is awesome! 

Hang in there @kimmiinthemitten, it will all be worth it. 4 more days!

@6fsn what is your MIL's deal? Is she just an indecisive person or what? How far away do they live?

@VarunaTT sorry K wasn't reinstated to Drag Race. They most have known she would have smoked them.

@AtomicBlonde I make myself read new authors too. I use the Amazon Unlimited for books so I load up ten at a time. I always make sure I pick something new, by somebody new. Some are flops but I am often surprised.

Not much happening here. I spent all evening yesterday watching the EQ Cross Country replay which kept me up past my bedtime. I have some errands to run tonight so Idk when I will be able to watch today's test. Those suckers are like 4 hours long! The girl that is watching the dog is coming over on Wednesday so I can show her around. Thursday, riding. With the owner of the barn b/c my trainer is getting married this weekend! Friday, Travel. I am seriously considering getting to the airport 3 hours early so I can watch the Steelers play at the airport bar. I am ecstatic that football is starting! 
  • Annnnnd I just found out that this is my last week of work for a while. I understand because we are so slow but it still kindof throws a wrench in my plans. Like I wanted to take a trip to chicago, now I have plenty of time but Idk when things will pick up so Idk if it is smart to spend the money. :/
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Annnnnd I just found out that this is my last week of work for a while. I understand because we are so slow but it still kindof throws a wrench in my plans. Like I wanted to take a trip to chicago, now I have plenty of time but Idk when things will pick up so Idk if it is smart to spend the money. :/

That sucks. I'm sorry

She's an hour away, but feels like the world should revolve around her.  She's retired btw.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    MIL JUST LEFT.  45 minutes late.  I could have actually done something else today.  Apparently they can't stay until 5 even so they'll get to spend less than 2 hrs with the kids. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards