Wedding 911

Wedding Day Timeline

whoabetherswhoabethers member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited August 2016 in Wedding 911
Hey fellow brides!

I wasn't sure where else to post this, so I apologize if it's the wrong forum.

I'm getting married August 27th (so soon!! ahhh!!) The ceremony starts at 5:30 pm, and we have all day access to the venue, so we can start getting ready whenever we want. We are NOT doing pictures beforehand because I don't want the "first look" photo - I want his first look to be me walking down the aisle. So we just need time to get ready (1 bride, 4 bridesmaids, 2 groomsladies.) 

I have no concept of how long it will take or how much time I need to allow. I'd love advice on day-of timelines that you all followed and what did and did not work.

Thank you! 

Re: Wedding Day Timeline

• I have 2 1/2 hours for hair and makeup plus an hour ish to get dressed and eat something before we leave (for photos, but it would be the same if we were heading straight to the ceremony). This is for myself and three bridesmaids with two hair stylists and two makeup artists. 
  • I married at 5 PM, so this might help you.  Most of your issues in getting ready will be decided if you are having your hair and make up done prior to your arrival to the venue AND if your BM and GL are getting theirs done with you.

9 AM - Hair & Make-up arrived for me and 6 BMs.  They were gone mostly by 1.

1:45 - 2nd shooter dropped off to H's location to shoot all the photos with the guys

2 PM - Photographer arrived for pictures of me and BP (BMs were all dressed and ready or just finishing up).  I also tried to get family pictures done too, but my brother & family didn't arrive on time.  I was able to get the pictures done with my parents at least.

3:30 - Limo bus picked up H, his mom, GM, and 2nd shooter and took them to church.

4:30 - Same Limo bus came and picked up me, my parents, and BP. 

5 PM - Ceremony started

We did have some downtime mixed in there.  I also provided food for breakfast and lunch (for the guys to).  Don't forget to provide food!  You will need it to keep yourselves going all day, especially you in your dress.

Try to get as many pictures as possible done prior to the ceremony, it helps with the timeline and you may be able to hit up a portion of your cocktail hour.

• SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    And if you are all getting hair/make up, do you have one stylist or several?

When I got married, we went to a salon were everyone was able to get their hair done at the same time, by different stylists (obviously). Thus, hair still only took about an hour, including everyone.

We also did not do a first look, but took several WP and family photos prior to the ceremony.

My day of schedule was:

Hair- 9am
    Make up- 10am (Back to my mom's house by 11:30 or so).
    Lunch (Food provided by my mom at her house)
    Get dressed - 1pm-ish
    Photographer arrives- 2pm
    Take some photos
    Leave for venue- 2:45pm
    Ceremony- 3:30 pm

We had a bit of spare time in there, which was good, no rushing, but we also weren't sitting around twiddling our thumbs. Definitely do not forget to schedule in eating! Also think about travel time.

• I honestly hadn't even THOUGHT about food, so I am so glad I posted here. I had only thought about mimosas, hahaha. I will make sure we have lunch!

Everything is being done at the venue directly. It has rooms upstairs, and the downstairs is where the ceremony and reception will be. One of FI's cousins is going to do my makeup and hair. One of the groomsladies is a hairdresser, so she is going to do the hair of the 4 bridesmaids, herself, and the other groomslady. And everyone is doing their own makeup. 

I'm really liking the idea of doing family photos BEFORE the ceremony. That will be a time saver during cocktail hour!
  • I would encourage doing as many of the photos for the girls/guys separately and family before the ceremony. Then you only have to do things that involve B+G and whole groups after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards