Not Engaged Yet

It's Too Early For BSC...

My morning has been interesting, thought I'd share.

When I checked the voicemails at work this morning a women had left a message requesting a delivery from us. The only identifying information she gave was her husbands name.

With their file in front of me I called back and when I women answered the phone I addressed her using the name of the wife I had in the file. Oops. Apparently that was his ex wife. This happens every once in a while and I usually apologize my face off and make a change immediately. Most women are understanding and often amused.

Not this lady. She completely freaked out, yelling, screaming, cursing, crying and launched in to a five minute rant about the women who was previously married to her husband.

Looking back now I kind of have the giggles but at the time I'd been here for about five minutes and hadn't even taken a sip of my coffee yet.
image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's Too Early For BSC...

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha, Gahhh I'm sorry.

I totally emphathize.

In college I was on the freshman student orientation committee. When a 45 year old woman came to me and I asked her "what is your students name" she flipped out that I was judging her and that SHE was the student..... my bad... 99% of our freshman are 18 years old?
  • edited December 2011
    Uptight people scare me.

It was a mistake, accept my embarassed apology and hush up
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahahahah!

Something like this happened to me today too!! But I didn't get yelled at.

I called a donor b/c their credit card had expired and I needed the new expiry date to process their donation...when I got someone on the line I was like "Hi is Mrs. So and So there?"  There was this LONG pause and he goes "Oh no.  We got divorced."  I was like...uh...wtf do I say?!!?  He actually found it really amusing and ended up giving me her number but it was totally akward and a little embarssing!

What a wonderful morning!lol

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What is wrong with people?! What I don't get, is that no one wants to give out any new info, and then they are shocked SHOCKED, that the information is incorrect. We're dealing with it, because the tax season insanity is ramping up now. le Sigh.  It makes me le tired.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tax season is the WORST! I've had so many people calling teliing me they haven't gotten their charitable reciepts.  When I ask them to verify their address they give me something we have no record of.  I agree with Hetshup - people need to change their GD contact info if they want their GD receipts.  Do they expect us to be mind readers?!?!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    The worst for us is phone numbers.
    People get rid of their land lines then keep switching cell phones, the number keeps switching and we have no way to reach us then they cuss us (oh wait..just me) out!
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha, oh they all deserve it. If you can't update yourself, DEAL WITH IT!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your morning Button. Did you tell her that maybe she should have left her name in the message she left you? I would have been tempted to say something like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I was very tempted, but mouthing off to customers is like the kiss of death around here.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What a way to start the day!! 
  • edited December 2011
    It's so funny because the only reason people freak out like that is when they're insecure...or just certifiably insane.

I deal with the phone number thing ALL THE TIME!!! A lot of my students' parents only have cell phones. Fine, no big deal, except that their GD numbers change all the time! I had a boy who didn't get picked up from school so I called the number I had, disconnected, called every number on the emergency card, all disconnected. Finally got a hold of a brother because my student knew his number. I asked for an updated phone number list and still have yet to get one. So frustrating!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could say it really sweetly, like..... I'm sorry ma'am I have not received any updated information for your file and I only caught your husband's name in the message. But, no seriously I get it. Most of the time its better to bite your tongue than to say what you really want to. Sometimes these college students around here are just too dense that I can't help myself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of the people I deal with have an unbelieveably inflated sense of entitlement, so any amount of "back talk" has them screaming for the boss. *eye roll*

Somtimes I wish I was rich and dumb...
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hah! I feel privileged that you quoted me Button.
  • edited December 2011
    how could i not?!
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    True. It was a pretty darn good quote if I do say so myself.
  • edited December 2011
    Just signing in to this post to say I sitll haven't gotten my state tax refund and now the web site says the amount was adjusted and I would receive an explanation soon.  WTF?  I want my money!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    LAME!

Go kick some @ss!
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well that makes just about zero sense at all! Ugh.
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So at my work, we are allowed to put the clients in their place. For example, I hear my coworker in the cube next to me say: "Well, sir, if you would call sooner and with a better attitude we would be able to help you. But if you keep yelling at me, I'm not going to be able to help you."

He got the guy calmed down and the guy thanked him by the end of the call. But we also work with the military and sometimes you  just need to be blunt and tell em like it is. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards