Attire & Accessories Forum

When to get groomsmen wear

I tried searching this, but didn't find any threads about this. Sorry if I overlooked!

my wedding is Beginning of October and FI best friends wedding is weeks after (he is the best man)
when should FI start looking for his suit for both events? For our wedding, we're looking at grey. For his friends wedding, he wants black. 

His friend hasn't been up front about when he should start looking for his suit (we only know the color, but the mom said it was black and men's warehouse would know more details) 
hes tried asking his friend more info but he doesn't know as the bride is making all the calls (she also hasn't answered  the text I sent asking her. I feel rude asking her again as its not really my place and I hardly know her) 

any time I have googled wedding questions, it's steered me wrong which is why I'm asking here. 

When should we begin looking? 

Re: When to get groomsmen wear

• For an October wedding I would start looking now so as not to be rushed. Are you renting or buying? If the MOB says men's warehouse, go to one near you and if the bride picked out a suit they should have the info in their files.
  • For your wedding, start looking now. For this other wedding, he should start looking when someone tells him what he should be wearing, and you should think no more about it. Not your problem at all. 
  • For your wedding, start looking now. For this other wedding, he should start looking when someone tells him what he should be wearing, and you should think no more about it. Not your problem at all. 
    Unfortunately , it doesn't look like anyone IS going to tell him. The groom doesn't even know where the venue is and doesn't seem to care about anything. The only thing we got from him and MOB is that everything is at men's warehouse. 

So  we'll probably just inquire while we go out to do his suit for our wedding. 

Im only getting antsy because I want to know the price as we still have things we need to purchase for our wedding too. 

Thank you for the feedback! 
  • We got our groomsmen's suits at Joseph A. Banks and they just needed everyone to come get fitted by a week or two before the wedding. We went a few months before to pick it out, but the actual turnaround time on ordering them was very quick. 
  • I would start looking for suits now.

Our groomsmen got their suits at JC Penny for around $130 for suit jacket and pants. Stafford brand, there are always additional 25-35% off sales so keep an eye out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards