Wedding Woes

Friday!!

What's up?

No soccer tonight! I'm thinking leftovers and game night.  Tomorrow I'm getting a haircut then who knows.  FIL wants to come over sometime to take the kids to a movie.  That's all!

The Lochte/Feigen thing is crazy.

Re: Friday!!

• Last weekend before the semester starts!

FIL called and they need help moving so we're heading out to Michigan for the weekend. Not what I had planned, but it will be great to see them. Their house sold quicker than they expected and the buyer wanted the shortest possible closing time so they have to move into a rental until he retires. 

Theyre super per fun and always start cocktail hour early so even though we'll be moving boxes at least there will be good booze. 
  • The Lochte thing is super weird.   I've never liked him and I thought his explanation was fucking insane. I have no idea if they lied or not (and honestly, I don't care.  It sounds like bad behavior all around, but more on the swimmers if they were a jolly band of destructive drunks.  However, they didn't deserve to have a gun pulled on them.), but I will say that the press/twitter/internet troll army treating it as 'boys will be boys' when there was such a shitstorm over Gabby Douglas respectfully clasping her hands during the national anthem vs. putting her hand over her heart is infuriating. 

I am working, working, and working some more this weekend.  I think tonight I'm going to sack up and run to the store.  FIL is (maybe?) coming over tomorrow for at least dinner.  Sunday it's supposed to be sunny and in the 70's, so hopefully we can be outside and it will be less buggy. 
  • My dad and his fiancée were here visiting all week, so I've been busy with that. Today I'm getting a haircut and spending the next couple days finalizing school preparations before going back next Thursday. I'm bummed that summer is over. Usually I'm ready to go back, but I feel like I didn't get a lot of what I wanted to do done. Oh, well. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    My dad and his fiancée were here visiting all week, so I've been busy with that. Today I'm getting a haircut and spending the next couple days finalizing school preparations before going back next Thursday. I'm bummed that summer is over. Usually I'm ready to go back, but I feel like I didn't get a lot of what I wanted to do done. Oh, well. 
    I'm feeling the same way. I still have a syllabus to finish and other things I usually have done by this point. What grades do you teach?
  • The more I read about the Lochte et al. fiasco the more it annoys me. And maybe it's just the commentary I've seen that's been "oh they were just messing around", "they paid for the damage", "not a big deal", but after all the sexist crap NBC announcers have said and the Twitter hate on Gabby Douglas this drives me crazy. They disrespected the country they were being hosted it, definitely didn't act like Olympic athletes, but Gabby Douglas looks disappointed after she has a bad meet and she's unpatriotic, crabby, and not showing sportsmanship or respect for the Olympics, GTFO. 
  • Thank you, Jesus.

Yes, it sorta like HS. The popular kids don't get in trouble when they do wrong, but everybody else does. The are definitely the popular kids and someone else would probably be handing over a medal or something.

• Morning!

Nothing major going on here this weekend. DH is working 14 hours today and won't be home until late. I caved and started watching American Horror Story, so that's probably what I'll be doing tonight. I made it to Freak Show, and I'm still not sure if I even like the show as a whole yet.

This weekend is going to be pretty slow. Probably just working out, doing some cooking and cleaning, and going to church. It will be nice.

• TGIF.  No plans, which is great.  And I just realized this will be the first labor day with no plans/travel either.   It's T-9ish weeks till the wedding, which is going to suck up some of my pennies. 

• I only work half days on Fridays (4-9s, 1-4 schedule), so it is always a good day.  After work, I'm going through all my toiletry stuff to donate to the United Way for the flood victims in Baton Rouge.  For some reason, I seem to hoard that stuff and never use it, so I am using the good cause as my motivation.  We're also bringing a bunch of bottled water.

No other major plans for the weekend, other than that.  Just the way I like it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning! It's probably going to be a slow day today.

FI has a job interview this afternoon which I'm hoping he kills because his job is soul-sucking. His manager is the absolute worst (calls him an idiot in meetings, won't listen to his ideas even though he's brought in a ton of revenue for the company) and he just really needs out of there. 

And tonight we're going to a birthday party, but it doesn't start until 9:30pm and this old lady likes to just hit up happy hour then find my way the takeout Chinese on a Friday night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @short+sassy  I work short days on Fridays too :)

Originally I was to go to the mall tonight, but my H and I were invited to a friend's place for a BBQ. I'll just go this weekend.
    Finally got to talk about coworker's wedding! Her colours are blue and fushia, but we're going to wear black. I'll likely wear pink lip and get my undercut done into blue or pink, or maybe orchid so it's a mix?

Saturday we've been invited to a BBQ at Step-FIL brother's house. It sounds ridiculous, but we're NEVER invited. Seems since we got married we're now invited. {*side eye*} That's not until later in the day, so I may swing by my mum's place and try on one of her dresses ....

Otherwise, we're doing more packing. I scrubbed down my kitchen {except stove and fridge} other day, so I'll likely do stove and some of the carpet stains {cats ...} and get H to scrub the bathroom.

Urg .... moving is so close yet so far!!
  • I'm leaving tonight for this sure to be a train wreck redneck wedding tomorrow. My sister and I are spending tonight at her lake house (somewhere halfway-ish between here and the wedding) and then going down to the wedding tomorrow morning.

I get off at 2 and she gets off at 5 so I'm hoping I have time for a pedicure, a workout, a shower and pack in those three hours. She may have to wait.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Morning! It's probably going to be a slow day today.

FI has a job interview this afternoon which I'm hoping he kills because his job is soul-sucking. His manager is the absolute worst (calls him an idiot in meetings, won't listen to his ideas even though he's brought in a ton of revenue for the company) and he just really needs out of there. 

And tonight we're going to a birthday party, but it doesn't start until 9:30pm and this old lady likes to just hit up happy hour then find my way the takeout Chinese on a Friday night.
    agreed @MandyPandy87.   Early nights (especially on a Friday) are the best!

• Anyone know how the format for tickers should be :(
  • We're going to a birthday party tomorrow that doesn't start until 9pm. This week I've been in bed at 9,7,8, and 8. I'm also not keen on leaving the baby at night even though he'll be asleep by the time we leave. I just really don't want to go and I think I may use this cold as a reason not to.
  • edited August 2016
    Happy Friday!!

FH called last night to tell me he booked his flights wrong and isn't coming home till tomorrow. :( My lesson was cancelled due to weather, but thats fine.

Today, I am going to do some grocery shopping and go to the nail place to get this gel taken off. It has lasted for over a week, I am surprised. I have minor house work to do before FH gets home. 

I ordered most of the supplies to DIY our flowers and the greenery. I have to wait until we are 60 days out before I can order the actual flowers, that's only 4 days from now but waiting is not on of my strong suits. For some reason, I am having trouble pulling the trigger on invitations. I wish FH was home so I could annoy him with endless second guessing and mind changing.

Etf: grammer
  • We're supposed to go to a friends house for dinner tonight, but FI was stung by a bee under the eye and looks like he was in a bar brawl so we'll see. He's in negotiations right now so fingers crossed he comes home with a TA that includes a step!!

Tomorrow is Dream Cruise (the largest classic car cruise in the world, literally) so I'm working a double for the caterer.  Boo to hot outdoor days, yay to 6 more people eating at the wedding. 
  • The puppy ate a library book.  This is a rather unfortunate first.

We think we found someone to rent our house, a co-worker of H's who is actually looking to move to the same area, but H and I are still discussing things. He's lowballing the rent we originally agreed upon, which is pissing me off even though I understand why he's doing it... Mostly, it angers me because he's pretty much undermining me every step of the way, so I'm just like, why did we even have a discussion at all? That's not what's really happening, but damnit that's what it looks and feels like.  But it's also frustrating because I manage the finances on the house and know what we need to break even, and that number isn't it.  It's a mild frustration more than anything because we're still months away from these decisions.

Going to a ginormous antique store tomorrow, and Sunday is up in the air. Sunday is my birthday, but tomorrow sounds like it'll be more than enough excitement for this 20-something old biddy.

Also.  Toothless turned 11 yesterday.  That's a milestone for so many reasons. :smile:

He celebrated by countersurfing and eating a cucumber and 3 Reese's PB cups. And my lunch for today.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Happy birthday to you @AtomicBlonde and Toothless. 

That would annoy the crap out of me about the rent. Why have a discussion and agree on something and then go back on it? Drives me nuts. 

• Happy birthday @AtomicBlonde and Toothless!  I would have celebrated the same way!

• edited August 2016
    I've had 3 nights of nightmares where my babies have died horrible deaths.  I'm so tired, both emotionally and physically.  I'm hoping like hell both babies will nap at the same time so i can snooze.
                            AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I've had 3 nights of nightmares where my babies have died horrible deaths.  I'm so tired, both emotionally and physically.  I'm hoping like hell both babies will nap at the same time so i can snooze.
    She's super cute!  But these dreams sound awful, I'm so sorry!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards