• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

What would you do?

I work at a doctor's office.  There are 4 docs and about 20 employees.  I always thought that if I invited the docs, I would have to invite everyone in the office.  I was prepared to do this until I got in a fight with one of my coworkers today and decided that I don't want any fellow coworkers there for fear of too much drama.  Is it still ok to invite the docs?  What would you do??  BTW, I hate the new guest list upgrade!!  UGH!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What would you do?

• Don't talk about your wedding at work.  Mail the invites to the co-workers homes that you want to invite but just don't talk about your wedding.  It will save un-needed questions later.  If someone asks, say something like "We've decided to keep our wedding small with close friends and family members." 
  • Omg i am kind of in the same boat! i want to invite the upper management that i am close with but not to sure about the people i work every day with. I think its just going to be my one really close friend from there and the management team. Have to cut it off somewhere ya know and I AGREE - i cant figure out how to delete people and it really sucks!

Kristie
  • It's very difficult not to talk about it because I work with 20 women and they are all very interested in all girly things...which means my wedding is a very fun topic in the office!  I think that they would all understand why I wouldn't invite them.  It really is way too expensive.  20 coworkers means 40 guests with their dates included, so that's a whole lot of money.  Part of me just wants to invite who I want and not worry about what everyone thinks because that's how fed up I am at the moment.  And half of our coworkers went to another coworkers daughter's wedding and the other half of us found out about it after the fact....so I don't know that I care enough to worry about others feelings!  Ok...Vent done...thank you. :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with PP.  Just try to keep wedding details at a minimum at work, especially if you will not be inviting everyone and just explain due to your budget, etc, we can only have family and close friends. 

• I agree with the PP.  Try to minimize how much you talk about the wedding (which I know is tough...I work with lots of women too) and maybe mention how you are working with your budget.  I think that generally people will understand.  I've been not invited to coworkers weddings when other coworkers were and I understood.
    Anniversary
  • I am in kind of the same boat I work with 13 women in my department and no way am I inviting all them. One girl is in the wedding, the other is actually catering and I am only going to invite the one who is my manager. I know that the other girls understand that I am on a tight budget, and I let them know that in the beginning when I first started talking about it. And personally when I let them I didn't care what they thought two of them I hate with a passion and have been in fights with them at work.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_would?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:650Discussion:08e4ff37-f21f-43d1-9bfe-782a4236e309Post:12d5b882-94c4-433a-b51d-ff09b3c606f3">Re: What would you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't talk about your wedding at work.  Mail the invites to the co-workers homes that you want to invite but just don't talk about your wedding.  It will save un-needed questions later.  If someone asks, say something like "We've decided to keep our wedding small with close friends and family members." 
    Posted by future-mrs[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said...I hope it all works out for you though.  It's times like these I'm glad I'm a bit of an "antisocial freak."  I was placed into that category by my homeroom teacher, Junior year of high school.  So endearing...
    <a href="http://www.kristyanddon.weebly.com">-[Wedding Recap]-
    </a>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards