Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

My baby is not so baby anymore.  In the last week she's started to go off the diving board, started kindergarten, and started riding a bike without training wheels.  Sigh.

Nothing else much here.  Work is crazy stupid right now.  Our funding site changed and isn't fully functioning.  Logged on as me I can't see any deals (even though there are 300 some active nevermind the closed ones).  Logged on as my boss I jest get an error screen.  Blergh.

Re: Tuesday!

• I've been trying to deal with some changes around here, and while I'm doing great on the outside for my family, inside I'm curling up in bed for days.

Son is starting a new school.  It's better all around, and he knows a lot of people there, but it's still hard to send your kid off to a new school.  I keep telling myself he'll get a better education and great opportunities but the mother bear in me can't settle down.

DD2 starts kindergarten tomorrow (kindergartners always start a day later than the rest).  Our youngest is in school full-time.  I'm starting to have stupid feelings about the enthusiastically agreed upon vasectomy DH is having next month.  I know it's just because of how I feel now and it will pass by next week but it's just another thing to pile on at the moment.

DH was given another customer at work, which means more money (yay) but also more hours (boo).  He's also been working 6 days a week all summer to help out until they can hire a guy for Sundays, so the poor guy is just always exhausted.  He has 3 weeks left of it.

Ugh.  This post is such a downer.  I'm going to go eat some bacon.

• Mad cleaning last night because we got notice people are viewing our apt. I feel very uncomfortable about this. I know we have to show it, but still ...

Since I couldn't do laundry last night {I hang it in our place} I'm throwing the load in tonight.

I borrowed "Grey" from my mum the other day - "50 shades" from the guy's view point - and I'm pleasantly surprised. I refuse to see the movie because I don't view the characters as portrayed and I feel it'll be a huge let down. Movie versions usually are.

Still can't get the damn ticker working. Help!
  • Aww Taw and 6... ((all the hugs))  I am so there with you.  Kids should not be allowed to grow up so fast.  ;)

We broke down and reinstated cable yesterday.  DH is so damn happy.  

Work is on my last nerve.  All these new processes are frustrating and now we're getting pressure to be more productive even though a lot of the issues haven't been resolved. A blind man on a galloping horse can see how bad it's been bungled.  :/

DH decided he wants to smoke a pork shoulder on Saturday.  So we've invited some friends over.   I can't wait. 

I'm off tomorrow.  I might work a tiny bit of OT, but I really need to clean house and take care of some returns and go pick up the hunk of meat for Saturday so we can brine it. 
  • Tonight FI and I are going to our first political fundraiser.  Despite working on campaigns for years, I've never been to a fancy dinner.  We recently joined our local Democratic Club and won the tickets, so it should be fun!  Good thing I saved 200 calories from yesterday.

Week 3 of weight loss and I'm down 8 lbs total!

But, news broke about a Deaf man who was shot by a cop in NC so I'm pretty heartbroken today.  I remember vividly my dads reaction when Errol Shaw Jr was shot in Detroit, and was with him when he was stopped for a taillight two months later.  I've never seen him so nervous.  I'm debating texting him the news story or waiting for him to find it on his own.

@tawillers have some bacon for me too please.
  • First day of classes and I'm still feeling behind. At least I know where one of my two classrooms are. 

Im finding the administrative component of my job to be more time consuming than I expecting. I need to better manage my work hours so I'm not leaving here at 7:30 every night. 
  • Any one have any ideas for lazy gifts I can buy/make for that speshul snowflayke that says very subtly, "I'm doing this because I have to, not because I care"?  We're trying to get a jump on Christmas shopping because of the move. I'm happy to go with nothing (for more reasons than I care to count), since I told DH to handle this (and I know he won't), but somehow I know that'll come back to bite me on the ass.  I was thinking something with lots of glitter, but that's a PITA for me, too, and if I see another mason jar gift idea, I might scream.

I made the mistake of drinking tea on an "empty" stomach (apparently, a bagel wasn't enough), and now I think I might ralph all over my desk. 

Yesterday was so freaking gorgeous for the first time since, like, May, that I went for a run around the park. What a difference running outdoors instead of on the treadmill made for my mind and sense of well being. I almost feel like a new person. I really hope the weather holds long enough for me to establish a routine of sorts. I'm work-traveling 5 out of the next 6 weeks so I really need a routine.  

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Tues. morning Manager's meeting just started.  Which I am not a part of.  (Sneaking down to the deli for a breakfast sandwich).

Really, though, it's fine anytime to down to the deli.  I don't work for ogres, lol.  I just know no one will be looking for me during their meeting.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @AtomicBlonde a candle.
    So simple! I've been thinking much too hard about this. Silly me.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm trying to enjoy my last couple days of summer break before going back on Thursday.  

My husband has gone back to school and has mostly late-day/evening classes, so that is throwing our whole schedule off. I have to figure out a new routine for dinner, working out, and grading papers.  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Okay, new question - what do you wear to a political fundraiser that is labeled a "campaign reception" and the featured guest is the ex-Governor?  It's being hosted in the local cultural center from 6pm-8pm and tickets range from $100-$1,000.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2016
    I've hit a road block in my school assignment, waiting to interview some people for it. Hopefully that will get done tonight. Last night FI and I addressed and stuffed our invites, ready to go out on Saturday.  yay.

I also had a doctors appointment yesterday.  A few months ago, my doc took my blood pressure and said she was concerned with it, and asked if I have ever been suggested blood pressure meds (she's a new doc, mine retired in December).  I had not.  Having high blood pressure was news to me.  I told her about cross fit and she said she wanted to see if exercising will help it.  Yesterday she said it was perfect.  I did not change my eating habits, so I'm guessing it's cross fit/P.T?  Also, am I the only one who finds having a pap smear every 5 years weird?  I'm old school I guess.  They changed this a few years ago to every 3-5 years, depending.  Not that I'm complaining, but I'm so used to the annual "OK".  I mean, they're doctors.  They know what they're doing and I'm sure there's a good reason to stop the annual paps.

edit: words, as usual.  Proof read, Pam. Proof read. 

• I've hit a road block in my school assignment, waiting to interview some people for it. Hopefully that will get done tonight. Last night FI and I addressed and stuffed our invites, ready to go out on Saturday.  yay.

I also had a doctors appointment yesterday.  A few months ago, my doc took my blood pressure and said she was concerned with it, and asked if I have ever been suggested blood pressure meds (she's a new doc, mine retired in December).  I had not.  Having high blood pressure was news to me.  I told her about cross fit and she said she wanted to see if exercising will help it.  Yesterday she said it was perfect.  I did not change my eating habits, so I'm guessing it's cross fit/P.T?  Also, am I the only one who finds having a pap smear every 5 years weird?  I'm old school I guess.  They changed this a few years ago to every 3-5 years, depending.  Not that I'm complaining, but I'm so used to the annual "OK".  I mean, they're doctors.  They know what they're doing and I'm sure there's a good reason to stop the annual paps.

Great news about the BP! Mine was super high - like ER visit high after I had my baby, but at my last appointment was fantastic. The pap thing could likely be your insurance company and not so much your doctor. I worry that it's too long, but it sometimes feels like the US doesn't care much for us women (I'm assuming  you're in the US as well).
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Aaaaaand I've got my first MLM stalker.  She's a mom from 6let's first tee ball team 3+ years ago. We randomly see each other, but not really friends.  I could tell from facebook she started selling a $$$$$ skin stuff 6 months ago.  She sent me a message last night asking if I had a skin routine I'm happy with blah blah.  I responded "thanks for thinking of me, but I've got things under control.  I've got some issues under control and I don't want to change anything."

I KNOW I should have never mentioned the issues.  She asked about them.  I replied it's an autoimmune thing coupled with rosacea and my allergist, derm, and primary doc have got me on a good cocktail so I'm not have allergic reactions all day. 

She thinks she can do better!!!  No. Just no.
  • @6fsn  urg I hate people like that! You would think that when you said dr's have recommended she would back off. Or at least said that if you were looking into changing or had questions to ask, then backed off.
    Urg! I sell steeped tea through direct sales and I refuse to do that to people.
  • @6fsn  urg I hate people like that! You would think that when you said dr's have recommended she would back off. Or at least said that if you were looking into changing or had questions to ask, then backed off.

I just bought a tea steeper from Amazon.  He's a lilac colored hippo that hangs onto the top of the cup.  I don't even use steeped tea that often, but he is the cutest little guy and I couldn't resist!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy  Cute! For xmas last year I got some cute ones for family I knew I was going to get tea for ;) Sometimes a cute diffuser makes the tea better lol
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    @6fsn  urg I hate people like that! You would think that when you said dr's have recommended she would back off. Or at least said that if you were looking into changing or had questions to ask, then backed off.
    Right?  Someone with 6 months experience selling stuff knows better than the 3 people with medical degrees?  I have one friend that sells two products lines. She's very knowledgeable and NEVER pushy. She has separate Facebook pages for her businesses too.  Every once in a while she posts to both places, but those are usually more general articles and not really sales pitches. 
  • 6fsn said:
    Right?  Someone with 6 months experience selling stuff knows better than the 3 people with medical degrees?  I have one friend that sells two products lines. She's very knowledgeable and NEVER pushy. She has separate Facebook pages for her businesses too.  Every once in a while she posts to both places, but those are usually more general articles and not really sales pitches. 
    I have a friend that has two separate businesses and I've purchased from both. Yesterday she posted a meme that said something to the effect of "Beyonce puts out an album, you buy it; Kanye puts out shoes, you buy them; your friend sells something, you ignore it. WHY?" I told her that if I love you, I'll support your business. People think that just because they sell something that means you should absolutely buy it. It's irritating and I hope she realized that I was saying I only bought that stuff from her because of who she is. 
  • I don't normally buy from direct sales (usually because of price) but my friend was doing a fundraiser for supplies for her classroom.  Sure I'll help her out. I never heard of this product before.  I got my stuff on Saturday.  As it turns out, I love the stuff.  I'll probably be a regular if it's in the budget. 

• One of my closest coworkers (small department) has just started up the MLM thing.  She made a facebook page and added everybody, and she has brought it up at work a few times.  I usually find something to buy when friends or colleagues are selling stuff, but in this case the product is kind of a build-your-own leather charm bracelet thing that's like $85 for a basic one.  I don't wear bracelets.  If I did decide to wear a bracelet, it would be neither a charm bracelet nor a leather bracelet, and certainly not both.  It's just not my style.  And even if it was something I loved, I'm not blowing a hundred bucks on jewelry right now anyway.  Ugg.

I am super stressed about work right now.  There are major administrative changes going on.  It looks like the business is probably going to be sold, and either way the boss I love is definitely leaving.  I probably don't have to worry too much about whether I still have my job, at least for now, but in the next month or two this is going to be a completely different place.  I am generally a very positive person, but right now I just feel awful.  The new regime may come with some positive changes, but it's hard to have any goodwill for that when I am mourning the workplace I have loved since starting here a year and a half ago.  It feels like I am just sitting here at my desk, trying to carry on business as usual as the world crumbles around me.  (And then I get annoyed at myself for being so melodramatic.)
  • 6fsn said:
    I have a friend that has two separate businesses and I've purchased from both. Yesterday she posted a meme that said something to the effect of "Beyonce puts out an album, you buy it; Kanye puts out shoes, you buy them; your friend sells something, you ignore it. WHY?" I told her that if I love you, I'll support your business. People think that just because they sell something that means you should absolutely buy it. It's irritating and I hope she realized that I was saying I only bought that stuff from her because of who she is. 

Why do so many people like to use analogies that don't even make sense, lol?  People buy Beyoncé records because they like Beyoncé music.  People don't say, "Well, I really don't like this shoes.  But I really love Kanye, so I am going to buy them anyway".  They might know about said shoes because they like Kanye, but he's not the reason for them buying them.

Same with an MLM friend.  If I WANT to buy something she is selling, I will buy it from her.   But unless she is selling electricity, groceries, or water/sewerage, I'm probably not in the market.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today sucked. I wasn't as prepared as I like to be, and it showed. I'm exhausted and need motivation to go to the gym, instead of straight home to the bourbon, which is really what I want to do.
  • Today sucked. I wasn't as prepared as I like to be, and it showed. I'm exhausted and need motivation to go to the gym, instead of straight home to the bourbon, which is really what I want to do.
  • I've hit a road block in my school assignment, waiting to interview some people for it. Hopefully that will get done tonight. Last night FI and I addressed and stuffed our invites, ready to go out on Saturday.  yay.

Great news about the BP! Mine was super high - like ER visit high after I had my baby, but at my last appointment was fantastic. The pap thing could likely be your insurance company and not so much your doctor. I worry that it's too long, but it sometimes feels like the US doesn't care much for us women (I'm assuming  you're in the US as well).
    It isn't insurance it is a recommendation from doctors. The way my doctor explained it was if you are HPV negative, in a monogamous relationship and have had 3 negative PAPs you are very unlikely to develop cervical cancer. It does take some getting use to. 
  • It isn't insurance it is a recommendation from doctors. The way my doctor explained it was if you are HPV negative, in a monogamous relationship and have had 3 negative PAPs you are very unlikely to develop cervical cancer. It does take some getting use to. 
    Good to know. The only time I've ever seen anything about it was from my insurance company updating their guidelines.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards