Wedding Reception Forum

Bar "Menu" - sorry if this is a duplicate!

TK may have eaten my first post - sorry if this is a duplicate

We're having an open bar, but have some featured wines and a signature beer, and signature cocktail. I'm having something printed to sit on the bar so guests know what these featured beverages are, but I wanted some opinions on wording. "Featured Libations" or "Featured Drinks" or simply "Cheers!". It really doesn't make much of a difference, but I can't decide. Or if there are any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it :) Also, I don't want to give the impression that these are the only offerings - like I said, there's a top shelf open bar. Should I mention this on the card, or just let people figure that out?

Re: Bar "Menu" - sorry if this is a duplicate!

• I think when they see the liquor bottles they'll figure it out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_bar-menu-sorry-if-this-is-a-duplicate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:bad37806-995e-4730-8e4c-4d518655afc4Post:a1b3be57-81f2-407d-bb57-b78696b19efe">Bar "Menu" - sorry if this is a duplicate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK may have eaten my first post - sorry if this is a duplicate We're having an open bar, but have some featured wines and a signature beer, and signature cocktail. I'm having something printed to sit on the bar so guests know what these featured beverages are, but I wanted some opinions on wording. "Featured Libations" or "Featured Drinks" or simply "Cheers!". It really doesn't make much of a difference, but I can't decide. Or if there are any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it :) Also, I don't want to give the impression that these are the only offerings - like I said, there's a top shelf open bar. Should I mention this on the card, or just let people figure that out?
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

Maybe put "Open Bar" at the top of your sign then below that say "The Bride and Groom suggest" and list your specialties. My second vote would be "Featured Drinks".
  • Heading:  Compliments of the Bride and Groom

list alcohol under the heading
  • What about "LeiselEB and Mr. LeiselEB's Favorites (or Recommendations)" on the top of the menu?  I also like "Cheers," and I think as long as you have all the alcohol displayed, people will understand they can order other things.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_bar-menu-sorry-if-this-is-a-duplicate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:bad37806-995e-4730-8e4c-4d518655afc4Post:33ce3fbe-0fca-4f09-9599-eec2472d4877">Re: Bar "Menu" - sorry if this is a duplicate!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What about "LeiselEB and Mr. LeiselEB's Favorites (or Recommendations)" on the top of the menu?</strong>  I also like "Cheers," and I think as long as you have all the alcohol displayed, people will understand they can order other things.
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

Of all the options I think this is the single best way to ensure there's no confusion about the rest of the bar being open.
    Lizzie
  • If you're having some special drinks that you'd like people to know about why not put a small sign on the bar 'in addition to the full open bar we are also offering some of our favorite wines: and then list them or we have created a cocktail for our wedding andlist it" that way people know that they have the option of a full bar AND the special ones.

• I like the idea of labelling the menu as "favorites" or "recommendations."  I think if you just write "Cheers!" people might think the bar is limited to only those items (which it sounds like is not the case).
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Thank you all for your suggestions! I'm going to play around with these options and see which works best from a design standpoint. 

Thanks so much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards