Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Popcorn bar!

I know this has been on here before but i can't quite seem to find exactly what I need so I'm gonna pose my personalized question! 

Our wedding ceremony will be taking place at 11am with a cocktail hour beginning about 11:30-11:45am and shouldn't last more than 30-45 mins(enough time to take pics bride/groom pictures/grandparent pictures..all others will be taken pre-ceremony). Dinner will be served immediately after the cocktail hour. 

We really wanted to do a popcorn bar for the cocktail hour with 6 different flavors, lemonade bar, sodas, tea, and water. No alcohol will be served. We will also have lawn games, music, a photo booth and activities for the kiddos. Do you guys feel that popcorn is enough? Has anyone had experience with a popcorn bar at a wedding? 

Re: Popcorn bar!

• I know this has been on here before but i can't quite seem to find exactly what I need so I'm gonna pose my personalized question! 

Our wedding ceremony will be taking place at 11am with a cocktail hour beginning about 11:30-11:45am and shouldn't last more than 30-45 mins(enough time to take pics bride/groom pictures/grandparent pictures..all others will be taken pre-ceremony). Dinner will be served immediately after the cocktail hour. 

We really wanted to do a popcorn bar for the cocktail hour with 6 different flavors, lemonade bar, sodas, tea, and water. No alcohol will be served. We will also have lawn games, music, a photo booth and activities for the kiddos. Do you guys feel that popcorn is enough? Has anyone had experience with a popcorn bar at a wedding? 
    I would normally agree with @STARMOON44 except for the times you state. Because it's early in the day, I definitely wouldn't be as hungry and if lunch  is coming soon anyways, I think it would be fine. I'd feel different if your ceremony was late afternoon and people were waiting for dinner. 
  • Yeah I don't think you need a ton of food or anything, but like maybe 4 kinds of popcorn, and some pretzels? Really any sort of variety. 
  • I think it's a good idea to do maybe a couple types of popcorn (2-3) and have a couple other snack options that are a bit more substantial (veggies, fruit, cheese, crackers and meat are great).
  • Ironring said:
    Adding some variety and veggie/fruit trays sounds great!

If you want a bit of entertaining reading related to popcorn bars.....
    http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1069858/popcorn-bar-instead-of-hot-appetizer/p1
    I was waiting for her to say fruit infused water. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards