Wedding Woes

Thursday

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited September 2016 in Wedding Woes
Morning.  I am a mess.  LOL

I have been trying to submit my property valuation appeal all morning and I have a shit-ton of documentation since we closed on our house less than 2 years ago.  The assessors inbox kept kicking it back to me for size.   So I think I *finally* pieced it out in enough e-mails to go through.  

I didn't sleep well because DefConn showed up in my bed at 1:45a and was tossing/turning/sniffling/talking in his sleep all night long.  

DH is letting work rumors get to him.  And so we had our once every 6 month existential crisis talk and I basically told him this drama is like groundhog's day to me and he needs to shit or get off the pot regarding his job and/or life choices.  He didn't like it and stormed out the door to work last night.  We talked it out this morning.  

Training at work kicked my ass yesterday.  There's a lot of shifting going on with my company and what I do.  It's all very exhausting to deal with.  And yesterday was the 6th anniversary of my BFF's death, hence why I pretty much issued DH a 'ho sit down' card when he started whining. 

Also, I'm having the *worst* period I've had since I gave birth to DefConn 5.5 years ago.  I need all the drinks this week. 

Re: Thursday

• I'm sorry, Mrs.Conn. Sad anniversaries just put you (well, me) in a funk for a while. I hope things start looking up and you can get a good night sleep.

I've lost a couple pounds, which is exciting. Scale this morning said 153. If I could get it to say 135, I'd be more than happy. :) But seeing a little progress is enough to make me keep working on it.

H's boss mentioned a while ago that he planned to give H a raise in August. So yesterday H asks him about it. Boss is all, "I don't remember saying that. Why would I say that?". Great.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • All the bourbon for you this week @mrsconn23

H does something similar when making decisions, he has to talk through all the pros/cons, all the potential pros/cons, and all possible future ramification if he does one or the other, multiple times. I usually can hang for a little while, but after like the third we've discussed our budget, potentially making changes to our budget, or how we're never going to retire if we don't save 20% of every single paycheck, I start to lose it.

Tonight the Bills play the Jets at home. My sister, and pretty much everyone I know is going and I'm trying not to be super jealous.

Other than that I'm just getting ready for my half marathon this weekend!
  • OMG, my e-mail system just deleted this long-ass multi-issue reply I typed out and I cannot 'undo' the deletion.  

I want to rock in a corner and cry.  
  • I'm a mess too!  I should start my period this week (I'm skipping it) so I'm super sensitive and emotional and a news story out of Iowa crawled under my skin and stayed there.  

I've been up since 6am working, and have so much to do before taking 2 weeks off that I don't even know if I'll finish it all.  I had 4 customers call yesterday afternoon with quote requests!  I don't have time!

All of my surgery excitement turned into a humongous ball of nerves this morning when I woke up so I'm jumpy and irritable on top of emotional and sensitive and to top it off, I can't drink!

Even just writing that made me feel a little better!

Sorry about the anniversary @mrsconn23, that can't be easy.

FI is conflict averse, so he does the same thing about work stuff.  He also takes conflict really personally and I constantly have to remind him that it is a part of the boss-employee relationship and that it's about handling it and not avoiding it.
  • bleve0821bleve0821 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2016
    @charlotte989875 Good luck with your race!

I'm sorry, @mrsconn23.  Alcohol and hugs for you. 

I started cleaning out my office today.  There's still 4 weeks to go before I report to my new field office, but due to a combination of travel and the house hunting trip (and a mental health day), I have 9 days (HOLY SHIT) left in the office.  I have a pile of documents I need to shred that's about as tall as I am.

I had to take a moment this morning because I had an anxiety attack because of the impending-ness of everything.  Mostly the house.  If we didn't have dogs it would be so much easier, there'd be less pressure to find a place because we could just rent for a while until we found something.  Some days, it's just too much.  I'm sure it will all work out, in the end, but I have this thing about uncertainty.

This week has been mentally and physically exhausting.  Work has been the biggest drain, and I'm trying to make some changes to the way I think so that I find the positive in a less-than-ideal situation (like Thanksgiving with the ILs who make me rage-y), and it's been work.  I don't really think of myself as a negative person, but I definitely could stand to see the bright side more often.  I was talking to my brother yesterday, and he was complaining about how his GF's mechanic had tried, earlier this year, to rip her off with car repairs and refused to interact with him.  He was getting all worked up about it, and I could totally hear myself in that conversation.  It made me chuckle at first because of the absurdity of getting frustrated with something that happened months ago, then saddened me to realize that this is how I deal with things, too.  

Irish Alzheimer's.  Forget everything but the grudges.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• I'm sorry, mrs.conn. Hugs and bourbon.

And yes to all of the Groundhog Day conversations. I'm impatient and DH is a ruminator, so it's hard not to go completely bonkers sometimes.

I overslept this morning, and DH saved me. I NEVER oversleep, but the alarm was actually turned off. I'm guessing DS was fiddling with it, but who knows. I was hoping Wooz was up, but she wasn't, so we both had all of 18 minutes to get her to the bus stop. We made it! (Barely. Bus was on our street, but not yet at the stop when we arrived. Totally counts.)

Parking lot is all torn up. The insurance for the woman who rear ended us is dicking us around, and I'm fed up. I'm thinking of calling our lawyer, which feels ridiculous, and I SO was not going there. But it's been four weeks and I've officially run out of fucks to give them.

Tonight is our free night: no riding, no art, no swim, nothing going on at school. I can't wait. New laptop arrives tomorrow. Chicken tikka masala in the crock pot.

• @mrsconn23  I'm the same way :( sorry to hear that came up <3

@ShesSoCold  urg what is up with that lame ass shit your H's boss did!?

@charlotte989875  whooo half marathon!! {i'm exhausted thinking about it lmao}

Not much last night. We got our car back and H was/is sad to return the rental {Rental was Jeep Cherokee, we have Ford Escape} Since he was home early, I made him start dinner.

Mostly relaxed last night. I was thinking about doing laundry, but we're out of the downy unstoppables .... oh well! Binged some "That 70s Show" and got up to the breakup episode/season.

Since I sell steeped tea, I'm hosting an online party for my friend starting Saturday. This is the season I usually make more money through it because it's cooler.

Not much else. Tonight we're doing groceries and finishing up some cleaning, possibly filling some holes.
  • i picked up some tile samples yesterday, but I'm not sure I love them; I'm going somewhere eles to try more tomorrow.

I'm going camping w/ Buffy's troop this weekend--I may freeze to death--last year it rained and was FREEZING all weekend.  I'm hoping this year is better.

My dog is improving but she's still awfully limpy; I don't think we're at decision point, but I'm kinda sad for her--although I might also be pissed at her for eating MORE sandpaper yesterday.

I'm grumpy a lot right now, I'm assuming PMS, but I might just be grumpy.  and unemployed and no call backs from a few promising postings recently.
  • Also, apropos of nothing, I think I'm dressing up as Eleven from Stranger Things for Halloween. Hospital gown El, not pink dress El, because I have no idea where I'd get that dress in my size.
  • Should I order Jimmy John's for lunch or take a lunch and work later tomorrow to pick up sushi?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Work problems are going around I see, H has ongoing issues for over a year now and won't give it up and just get another job.  His boss doesn't like him, tries to get him in trouble and then gets madder when he looks like like the idiot. I'm over it and don't want to hear about anymore.

I'm overly invested in the Willis Clan scandal for some reason.  I saw their show a few times and really liked the kids and mom, thought the dad was strange but never really suspected he was a child molester! I think the charges are for the oldest daughter, she disappeared from the family earlier this year and I think she reported him.  It does seem the mom is on the kids side, she released a statement saying they were supporting the DA's office.
  • Should I order Jimmy John's for lunch or take a lunch and work later tomorrow to pick up sushi?
    I was just debating a JJ's order in my head.  

Also, I just got an e-mail back from the assessor's office stating they got all my documents.  SO yay.  But it could take up to a year for them to decide.  So that means that if they don't decide by the end of this year, we'll STILL get hit with higher taxes and then have to wait on a refund.  What. A. Fucking. Racket. 
    I'm probably ordering JJ's today too!  Just have to weigh in at 1:15 first!
  • @ShesSoCold. Sushi.

@charlotte989875 I am like your husband. I need to plan life like a chess game. Whenever I rush to a decision it always seems to bite me in the ass. Even (especially) ones I am really excited about.
  • Work problems are going around I see, H has ongoing issues for over a year now and won't give it up and just get another job.  His boss doesn't like him, tries to get him in trouble and then gets madder when he looks like like the idiot. I'm over it and don't want to hear about anymore.

I'm overly invested in the Willis Clan scandal for some reason.  I saw their show a few times and really liked the kids and mom, thought the dad was strange but never really suspected he was a child molester! I think the charges are for the oldest daughter, she disappeared from the family earlier this year and I think she reported him.  It does seem the mom is on the kids side, she released a statement saying they were supporting the DA's office.
    What?  I liked them and hadn't heard anything about this. 

The kids all had school this morning so I went rollerblading.  Man it was fun!! 
  • 6fsn said:
    Work problems are going around I see, H has ongoing issues for over a year now and won't give it up and just get another job.  His boss doesn't like him, tries to get him in trouble and then gets madder when he looks like like the idiot. I'm over it and don't want to hear about anymore.

What?  I liked them and hadn't heard anything about this. 

The kids all had school this morning so I went rollerblading.  Man it was fun!! 
    Me too, and I just hope the kids continue and don't let this ruin their careers.
  • Sorry to keep you all on the edge of your seats.

I went with sushi. It's cheaper and working until 2:30 instead of 2 tomorrow isn't a big deal at all. I order JJ's A LOT.

• I got Jimmy Johns for you @ShesSoCold!  

Day is improving....nerves have subsided, my official pre-surgery weigh in brings my total weight loss to 14 lbs and I'm celebrating with a Beach Club and Salt and Vinegar chips.  I can't eat after 10pm tonight anyways and who know what time my first meal will be tomorrow so may as well go big or go home!
  • My boss and I mutually decided I wouldn't be working for him anymore.      I'm so relieved.   I dreaded going to work, but he had been so nice to me.  

On the flip side, he realized my working in remotely wasn't working out. He needs someone on property.  He is so loyal he didn't want to hurt my feelings.

Today I finally had a coming to Jesus moment with him.    It's all good.  Leaving on good terms.    He is still giving me a free room for Mardi Gras next year. 

I still have the club (who just gave me a raise).  Just part-time, but it's good.  DH just got a fat raise from the club.  So we are fine financially.      

I've already been in talks with a restaurant on the mountain for the winter.  I know the owners and they are excited about me working up there this winter.  Will not know until October the details.  I will also be working at the club a little during the winter (mostly just between xmas-nye and spring breaks).

I'm pretty happy.   I will now have similar hours and possible days off as DH. (in the winter DH is off Mon-Wed).   We will both be off when the club is closed for 3 weeks in the fall and 6-8 weeks in the spring (off-season).  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yay @kimmiinthemitten! I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. Last time I had surgery I made H promise not to let me say anything embarrassing once they gave me the drugs. Good luck!
  • Congrats @ILoveBeachMusic! So much good stuff today. 
  • Yay @kimmiinthemitten! I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. Last time I had surgery I made H promise not to let me say anything embarrassing once they gave me the drugs. Good luck!
    Thanks!  My sister asked me to have FI Snapchat if I'm acting like an idiot LOL.  Good luck with your half; not sure how I missed that above!

Congrats @ILoveBeachMusic !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards