Wedding Woes

Corporate gifts

I'm trying to find client gifts. What's something you've received that you love? 

Trying to stay under $35, no apparel, easy to ship.  So far they haven't liked my ideas so I thought someone here that actually gets these might have an idea.

Re: Corporate gifts

• what is the reason for sending the gift? is it just branded company stuff from your team, or "thanks for being a client" or to celebrate a special award the client got? 
  • It's branded materials for the holidays to say "thanks for being a customer."  My company is a tech company.  No food either.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2016
    For our clients who win a technology type award we have been sending something called a Tile which is like some fancy thing to help you find your keys or purse or whatever. Not sure how much they are and obviously it would just be 1 going to the client so that might not work.  Edit: the original Tile is 4 for $70, not sure if it can get branded though, I don't think we ones we send are.

We mostly do "hug boxes" of different items to welcome new clients or celebrate an award or if someone had a surgery/accident. They usually involve food though:
    - being named to some company to watch list and it was a yellow themed box with things like lemon drops, lemon scented thing, yellow book with inspirational quotes
    - new client box with some of our company branded stuff (notebook, scratch pad, pens, Indiana coasters, some Ted talk book, and a bound journal/notebook
    - get well box of sunshine, some lemon candy again, burts bees sample size relaxation products, same mysterious yellow inspiration book

I wonder if you could do a box with some holiday/winter goodies (cinnamon scented or flavored, new years party poppers, bath salts) but also some branded stuff you may already have or could get done easily (chapstick, lotions, hand warmer packets?) or something unique to your area if clients are spread throughout the country.
  • I would love nice headphones. I know it sounds silly, but I've seen a few of these where the case is branded and they are slightly higher quality that the cheap-o ones.
  • I've gotten a "thanks for ordering from us" gift. There was a mug with the company's name on it, plus cookies, coffee packet from Starbucks {one of those VIA coffees}, pen and there was something else that I can't remember. It was a cute little thing :)

I definitely something they could use on a relatively daily basis in there
  • No food. Booooooo.

Cute flash drives, headphones, a nice 2017 desk calendar. I'm no help.

• The key tiles were my top pick!  My second pick was ear muffs with built in wireless headphones (everyone is in the Midwest).  I also picked a perpetual calendar with a clock and calculator.
  • No food is a big BOO here as well. Food gets divvied up or shared in the break room when it arrives, which everyone likes. The other crap usually gets tossed, TBH.

Of the options above, I vote Tile. Anyone with a phone already has a clock/calendar/calculator, and office people can do this on their desktops as well. So the calendar etc. thingy would go straight into the trash, especially if it had some other company's logo on it.  I never wore earmuffs after the age of about 9 or 10, but YMMV.
  • I have received a branded iPod shuffle that I loved.  Also, flash drives or portable power packs are always handy.  
  • MNNEBride said:
    I have received a branded iPod shuffle that I loved.  Also, flash drives or portable power packs are always handy.  
    I love the portable power packs!

• What about gift cards for food?  Like Honeybaked Ham gift cards, maybe put inside a company mug or other schwag item.

Interesting sidenote.  I just googled the word "schwag" to make sure I had spelled it correctly.  Although the main definition is "promotional item giveaways", apparently it is also a term for low grade marijuana.  I was completely unaware of that last definition.  Perhaps I need to start being more careful about using the term "schwag", lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They did portable power packs last year. That was on my first list too. 
  • My company gives us branded gifts every year at Christmas. Three years ago we had a choice between sweatpants (that were actually pretty comfy) a camp chair (I got this one - LOVE IT! Two cup holders and a bottle opener attached to one of the arms) or a beach tote and towel. Two years ago, we got giant golf umbrellas, which my H loves when he walks the dog. Last year we got these ridiculously soft fleece blankets that I use literally every day on the couch. Things like the camp chair would be hard to ship but man I love my umbrella and my blanket.
  • Glasses-cleaning cloths are my favorite trade show/vendor gift to receive, but obviously, they don't apply to everyone.
    "Marriage is so disruptive to one's social circle." - Mr. Woodhouse
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards