Outdoor Weddings

Budget venue in or around SW Ohio? (or NC)

My fiance and I have been looking for a venue and are having trouble finding one that is both in our budget and what we'd like. We're having a fairy tale theme, and so some where with a castle or cathedral would be perfect, but most of all I've found are too pricey, so even just a garden or forest could work as long as it had the right feel. The ceremony will be outside, with the reception either inside or under a tent (if the place provides a tent) if inside I'd like a place that has lots of light. Now here comes the kicker-- we're looking for a place under 1k (for both ceremony and reception). Being college students, we can't exactly drop a whole lot on a one day event, I know that makes things more difficult, so maybe some other budget brides know of a place? There won't be more than 50 people there, so it's a somewhat small wedding if that helps. 

We live in SW Ohio, but his best friend lives in NC, so we COULD get married there if the right place and price was found. 

Re: Budget venue in or around SW Ohio? (or NC)

• Did you cross-post to local boards? You'll probably get better responses there.

Also, could you use a space at the school(s) you attend? As students, you might get a break on the cost or maybe even get it for free.
  • Definitely post on your local board.

I feel the need to say you need to lower your expectations.  $1K is not a lot of money for what you seem to want to plan.   How many people are you planning on having.  You can have a nice wedding on $1k, but more than likely not your "dream" wedding.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards