Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

2017 Mandalay Bay Wedding. Help & Advice please....

Hi, we are a couple from the UK and are getting married at Mandalay Bay Chapel in April 2017.  

The plan for the day is 

Ceromony at 3:30PM
Photos
Wedding Meal at Veranda (Four Seasons) at 5PM
Evening Drinks Reception (with a dessert buffet) in our Suite (Vista Suite).

The reason for this post is that we have sooooo many things to do and we don't really know when they all need to be done by, or if we have missed anything.

Obviously being in the UK makes things a little more difficult as we can't just go and see venues/people so a lot is being done over e-mail.

So with 7 months to go until the big day the things we have done so far is -

Booked flights
Booked Chapel
Booked Restaurant
Booked Hotel Suite

And the following things still need to be done.

Contact make-up woman
Contact hair woman
Contact caterer for evening in -suite dessert buffet / wedding cake
Decide on Colour scheme
Decide on Flowers
Decide on evening entertainment for in-suite party (any suggestions?)
Contact restaurant about drinks prices and order drinks for the table during meal
Decide if we want a barman for the in-suite reception and if so hire one
Speak to photographer
Decide on and make Favours/SEATING PLAN/NAME CARDS
Arrange wedding walkthru/rehearsal
Complete wedding itinary and send back to hotel wedding planner

Anything glaringly obvious we have missed?
Anything we need to get onto ASAP or do we have a bit of time yet?

The evening reception will be around 30 people inluding 6 children, so any suggestions for entertainment would be most welcome.  (Other than just music which is a given).  Anything that will help people to mingle and have a bit of fun?

Also, with regards the Vista Suite, will we be ok supplying our own drinks and getting an outside caterer to deliver a dessert buffet for the evening?  As said it's only 30 guests and 6 of those are children so it won't be too wild or raucous, I'm hoping it will be ok, but just worried about access issues (i.e. will guests be stopped at the elevator if they don't have room keys?)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Kind Regards
Natalie 

Re: 2017 Mandalay Bay Wedding. Help & Advice please....

• Options

You probably can combine some of the vendors you are thinking about, and that will help streamline things a little.  Hair and Makeup are often the same, and I suspect a caterer will also be able to arrange bar service for the reception.

When you contact the restaurant for your large group reservation for the reception dinner, did they put you in touch with their group sales person? That person is usually a great contact who will help you with menu/bar choices for that portion, and may also be able to help you coordinate any decoration (centerpieces/seating plan/etc). 

You may also want to think about working with a day-of-coordinator (or full planner) in Vegas who can help make some of the calls on your behalf. It's not essential if you're finding it easy enough on your own, but I can tell you, as I'm getting to be a month out, there are a million things she is taking off my plate and I'm super grateful. (Especially when it comes to coordinating deliveries and giving me somewhere to ship things ahead of time.)

• Options
    Get your hair & makeup done by the same person -- I'm using Beauty by Bri, who's regularly used on these boards and after trying to find someone different, I completely see why she's a favorite. She's amazing.

You're going much, much, much more traditional than we are for your wedding, so I'm not sure what you're missing, other than maybe ceremony plans, wedding party attire, etc. I'd recommend getting an Elvis entertainer, though. ;)
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm from the UK and I'm also getting married in April 17 :)

I originally tried to book Amelia & Co for hair and makeup but they were booked, so I've went with Brianna Michelle (same as Beauty by Bri I think) so if you are wanting hair and makeup, I'd start looking around.

I've also just booked Pam at The Pallete for flowers, I haven't chosen any yet and she's not asked for what I want - just got it booked in :)
  • Options
    @frenchie13 -- correct! Same person for Brianna Michelle / Beauty by Bri. I worked with her three times (trial / photos / wedding day), and she is FANTASTIC -- you will not be disappointed!
  • Options
    @xoeden I cannot wait!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards