Nevada-Las Vegas

Too many options.... so hard to decide!

Hello Everyone,

I am having a hard time deciding where to have our ceremony and reception. I know we want to have an in suite reception because we want to keep our costs down and choose our own vendors etc. However I can't decide if we should do an in suite ceremony as well or get married on the strip. I want to keep the wedding and the reception very close to each other because I don't want to deal with transportation for everyone (30 people) we are wanting to keep the wedding simple and inexpensive. I don't like chapels because of the photo restrictions so I'm thinking of hiring luv bug or Rev. Nourish. I love the weddings she has done outside of Caesers Palace. Does anyone have any ideas that can help me out? Or has anyone done a wedding on the strip that can give me some tips on what you did? I'm not a planner and I'm terrible with changing my mind all the time :)

Re: Too many options.... so hard to decide!

• If you can, book a scouting trip and see what matches what you're envisioning! We're doing an in-suite ceremony and reception at the MGM next month. :)
  • Congrats those suites are beautiful!!!! I did live in Las Vegas for 3 years so I know the area very well but I never really went into any suites on the strip. If you don't mind my asking what do the MGM suites run a night? Thank you!
  • We've booked the Cosmo wedding suite, which is a converted Wraparound Terrace Suite.  You probably could make the regular Wraparound work for 30ish people, but I'm not sure how the seating would work out.  I know we've had reports back of people who hosted a reception about that size in their suite, so I'm sure there's a way to make it happen.
  • Congrats those suites are beautiful!!!! I did live in Las Vegas for 3 years so I know the area very well but I never really went into any suites on the strip. If you don't mind my asking what do the MGM suites run a night? Thank you!
    We booked a Skyline Terrace suite for roughly $700 after taxes and resort fees for a Tuesday night (we also organized a room block for guests so we could get a better rate on the suite.) If you have status at all, you can definitely get a better rate than what we got; @adverb paid closer to $500/night for the same suite, I think.
  • @xoeden  Can you please tell me when you booked the skyline terrace suite for? We just booked it for double that price for May 2017 but didn't mention getting a room block yet!
  • Thanks everyone for the tips!
  • One night was $627 before taxes, etc., on a Tuesday. We booked in January for an October date, which was probably a little early (better rates came out around April but I wanted that contract finalized and in my hand so I could send out my invites.)
  • I do recommend the MGM suite for a small party. I had 25 people and it fit great. The balcony view was amazing. I booked in January as well I believe for Oct 4 and 5 of LAST year. I used my platinum status to get a discount but I don't know if they are doing that this year. I recommend booking two nights if you can. @xoeden just likes to live dangerously ;)

I was able to get in contact with the wedding coordinator rep to get a tour of the suite before I booked it. It's all based on availability but you shouldn't have a problem on a weekday.
  • adverb said:
    I recommend booking two nights if you can. @xoeden just likes to live dangerously ;)

I was able to get in contact with the wedding coordinator rep to get a tour of the suite before I booked it. It's all based on availability but you shouldn't have a problem on a weekday.
    Originally we didn't have it in the budget to do two nights, although now technically we could have (it feels good to be ahead in budget!). So yes, I do like to live dangerously. ;) But I'm also not stressed about it; it's after a long weekend on a Tuesday and there's still availability on the web site for the suite, so I sincerely doubt anything will happen. (Plus, I think with our room block contract, I think we're guaranteed the suite.)

I B/Sed my way in to our suite tour. I said we were in Vegas meeting with our chapel coordinators (when we toured MLife properties, I said we were already signed and getting married at Caesars, when we toured Caesars properties, I said we were already signed and getting married at Aria), and that we were looking for some fancy digs for our wedding night. No one batted an eye, I got to tour all but one of the suites I wanted to see (fking Cromwell), and we didn't have to listen to any unwanted "get married in our chapel" pitches!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards