Wedding Woes

Wednesday

It's rainy and crappy here today.  I'm definitely feeling sleepy. 

Since I got off work early yesterday and ran to the UPS store, I ran into the liquor store and they had just gotten in our fave local beer that's hard to find/get a hold of.  I also went over and chatted with the neighbor next door. 

10 days to vacation.  I'm alternating between breathing into a paper bag and not being able to contain my excitement. 

Re: Wednesday

• Aloha, mrs.conn!

Wooz blew off homework at afterschool yesterday, and DH was picking her up from art and they didn't get home until almost 7:00.  So with dinner, she didn't really start until almost 7:30, and she had RazKids, reading log, word study, and math worksheets to do.  Plus it was her turn for the All About Me bag, and after she was already in bed (30 minutes late), I found that she hadn't put anything in it.  So guess what we did first thing this morning?  Some days, just getting her on the bus with all of her stuff feels like an accomplishment. 

DS did not want to get up. At all.  He crawled into my lap and tried to break my heart:  "I want to sleep on you all the time."  (DH helpfully added "Yeah, but it will be awkward when you're 30.") 

DS's birthday cake, nugget tray, and fruit tray are ordered.  My mom's birthday present is ordered.  (Chicagoland WWers, we're shipping her Portillo's hot dogs, because she loves them and was sad that she had to miss out this time.)  I am looking forward to this weekend's festivities, but I will also be kind of relieved when they're over and done with.

Kind of getting excited about my brother's wedding after I was talking about it here yesterday.  DH and I were talking, and I think we're going to fly out that Thursday night (my birthday!), arrive in London the following morning, drive up to Norfolk, check in, and crash.  Maybe nap, drag ourselves down for afternoon tea, and basically get everyone adjusted to the time change.  Saturday is the wedding (!).  I think Sunday, we'll sleep in, have "Sunday carvery" at the hotel, check out, and head to London.  Because we can't really take the kids all the way to the UK and only see London on our way to/from the airport, plus I haven't been in years (since 1999? pre-9/11, at any rate) and DH has never been.  So maybe do something that afternoon, stay over, do a full day in London on Monday, and then fly home the next morning.  We think that's about the limit with the kids, until they're older.  Wooz and my mom are both already thinking about their dresses.  :)

This is the room I want, but I think they might only have one, and the bride's two siblings both have families with kids, too, so I don't want to be grabby.

• Your brother's wedding is going to be so fun!  :D I love that room too.  
  • Rubberneckers are the worst! It took 20 minutes to go 3 miles and there wasn't even an accident! People were literally slowing down because of 5 men standing in the median. Maybe the accident had already been cleared, but really??
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Your brother's wedding is going to be so fun!  :D I love that room too.  

Right?! I want to claim travel distance to get a leg up, but her sister/BIL/niece/nephew are coming from Thailand, so I feel like that's a draw. Maybe they have two of those rooms?  It wasn't 100% clear on their website.

• Snatch that room up, Heffa! That sounds awesome!!!

Yesterday, again, I had a ton to do and didn't sit down until like 9 again. I gave in and took my sleeping pill. Slept like a rock. I don't have to work out tonight and I have pasta sauce and meatballs defrosting so not a whole lot to do tonight, which will be nice.

Have you been watching Married at First Sight, @thefanciestbeckler ?

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Sitting here thinking about why I just can't get motivated to lose weight. I do great for a couple of weeks, and then I fall off the wagon. I know how to make good food choices, and I know I feel great when I'm eating healthy and getting in shape. It's like I just can't find the motivation to stick with it. I think I expect to see results way too quickly, and when I don't see them in my unrealistic time frame I just kinda say "eh, screw it".

It also doesn't help that DH won't get on board with me. We both need to lose some weight (20-30 lbs each), but he's always so tired when he gets off work that he doesn't want to work out.

Yesterday, again, I had a ton to do and didn't sit down until like 9 again. I gave in and took my sleeping pill. Slept like a rock. I don't have to work out tonight and I have pasta sauce and meatballs defrosting so not a whole lot to do tonight, which will be nice.

@ShesSoCold yes!!! I missed last night's episode but it's on my DVR for when I get off. I'm so irritated about the way Nick is treating Sonia!

• Sitting here thinking about why I just can't get motivated to lose weight. I do great for a couple of weeks, and then I fall off the wagon. I know how to make good food choices, and I know I feel great when I'm eating healthy and getting in shape. It's like I just can't find the motivation to stick with it. I think I expect to see results way too quickly, and when I don't see them in my unrealistic time frame I just kinda say "eh, screw it".

It also doesn't help that DH won't get on board with me. We both need to lose some weight (20-30 lbs each), but he's always so tired when he gets off work that he doesn't want to work out.

I am exactly the same way. I have this weird thought like "well it's only 20 lbs. I need to lose. I'll start next week". Like, I act like losing this weight is exactly the same as organizing the crawl space and I'll get to it when I get to it and then it will be over. Not so much, brain.

I'm coming up on year four of being a weight watchers member. Four. years. To lose like 20 lbs. That's ridiculous.

I'm trying to remember who it was here, but she made short-term goals and rewards. That's working for me right now. I allowed myself to buy a fitbit after working out 5X per week for four consecutive weeks. I think she bought cute new workout clothes. Stuff like that.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

@ShesSoCold yes!!! I missed last night's episode but it's on my DVR for when I get off. I'm so irritated about the way Nick is treating Sonia!

I freaking love Sonia. She's adorable. And Nick sucks.
  • The kiddo is still home sick.  she's got some sort of tummy flu.
    I think I'm fighting it off successfully *fingers crossed*

I had plans today, but, apparently, nope, on the couch watching sophia the first.

• Heffalump said:

DS's birthday cake, nugget tray, and fruit tray are ordered.  My mom's birthday present is ordered.  (Chicagoland WWers, we're shipping her Portillo's hot dogs, because she loves them and was sad that she had to miss out this time.)  I am looking forward to this weekend's festivities, but I will also be kind of relieved when they're over and done with.

whoo hoo! Your mom has good taste!
    LOVE the room!

@thefanciestbeckler, your fight with timelines and food is my fight.  I couldn't have said it better.  :( 

• @Heffalump  I saw Bubba Gump Shrimp in the Cancun airport couple years ago. It's actually really good! I had to go for obvious reasons

@mrsconn23  so close to vaca! :smiley:

Not much here. More moving stuff.
    Yesterday we found out that we have to get info over to condo corp for condo fees to start this weekend. I'm going to go and hand in the info, but I'm hoping to find my cheque book because it's packed. I hope past-self thought to pack it with other important info we have ...

I think we're one load away from all the boxes being gone, which is great because we still have closet stuff to carry over.
    At least we're able to open some small boxes and put stuff away. We know now we have to figure out our pantry issue. As I assumed, we don't have enough space for everything - going from a pantry place to non-pantry place is hard. H suggested getting shelving in the basement for canned goods. I wanted to do the "I Suggested This Awhile Ago" tap dance because we have some things we don't use enough {crock pot, rice cooker, etc} that won't fit. But what-fucking-ever. We're going to look into shelves later. If we need to keep some stuff in milk crates for now, that's fine.

I'll post a picture later of the massive plant in our yard. Faux cactus' - although they cracked super easy when any pressure on them.

I think tonight H is going to do the backyard with weed whacker. I know he needs to do that basement because we have laundry backed up and I'll need to do that asap ... *sigh*

Freakin novel! Sorry!
  • I really just want to take a nap this morning. I'm fighting a cold, so I'm tired and cranky, but I'm not actually sick enough to stay home in bed so I'm in my office being unproductive. 

I feel the same way @thefanciestbeckler and @ShesSoCold with losing weight. I'm not comfortable where I am, but it's only like 15-20 pounds. I run 3-4 times a week and we tend to eat pretty healthy most days, but I can't seem to make it stick. Maybe I need to try the reward system. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2016
    Working on meeting agenda, social media policy, and "getting to know you" questionnaire for my community work stuffs.  Filling out some applications.  My uterus is trying to evict itself from my body.
  • I. am. such. a dumbshit.

We have a wedding downtown Saturday and got a room. Today I realized that we have a dog. My dad better be home this weekend or we're fucked.

This is the second time we've had a room for a wedding and forgotten about what to do with Edna. The fuck is wrong with me? Thank god I don't want to be a mother.

• edited September 2016
    I'm so glad I have two days vacation coming up. I'm officially losing my mind. I'm seriously considering taking some FMLA time and going to outpatient treatment for my mental health issues. I'm irritated all the time (even though no one knows it except FW). I'm becoming more cynical and less compassionate, which is a bad thing in my line of work. Weekends, all I want to do is sleep and lounge around the house. 

My issues are part of the reason that we postponed the wedding. FW says I'm not the woman she fell in love with, which makes me feel like even worse.

We have a wedding downtown Saturday and got a room. Today I realized that we have a dog. My dad better be home this weekend or we're fucked.

This is the second time we've had a room for a wedding and forgotten about what to do with Edna. The fuck is wrong with me? Thank god I don't want to be a mother.

Confession - I giggled a bit ;) Sorry!

LOL I feel the same way.  When I took FI's dog in, we agreed to get the electronic doggie door for Milo.  I freaking love it and everyone who comes by thinks it's the neatest thing.  Only Milo has the "key" on is collar to open the door so nothing else comes in.  I was never a dog owner, so I love the fact that I don't have to rush home after work to let the dog out like many people do.  And of course he loves the freedom.  

He's 100 years old (13) so he really has no desire to go outside during the night, he'd rather sleep like the humans do, and he's not a barker when he does.  It's perfect for us.

• I'm so glad I have two days vacation coming up. I'm officially losing my mind. I'm seriously considering taking some FMLA time and going to outpatient treatment for my mental health issues. I'm irritated all the time (even though no one knows it except FW). I'm becoming more cynical and less compassionate, which is a bad thing in my line of work. Weekends, all I want to do is sleep and lounge around the house. 

My issues are part of the reason that we postponed the wedding. FW says I'm not the woman she fell in love with, which makes me feel like even worse.
    I'm sorry to hear your struggling right now. If you have FMLA and can take the time, it sounds like it might be a good time to do it. You can't take care of work or other people if you're not taking care of yourself. 
  • I'm so glad I have two days vacation coming up. I'm officially losing my mind. I'm seriously considering taking some FMLA time and going to outpatient treatment for my mental health issues. I'm irritated all the time (even though no one knows it except FW). I'm becoming more cynical and less compassionate, which is a bad thing in my line of work. Weekends, all I want to do is sleep and lounge around the house. 

OWK, that sounds like a great idea.  You have to do you at this time and that sounds like a great first step.  (((hugs))) I hope you find the help you need, and fwiw, you sound so optimistic and cheery here on the boards.  You got this.

• I'm sorry to hear you are struggling @OurWildKingdom.  It sounds like you are being proactive.  Please take care of yourself.
  • @MissKittyDanger we have a small pantry that isn't sufficient so we do a combo of baker's racks along one wall and shelving in the basement. Here's the kitchen wall (it's not usually this messy!)

• @charlotte989875  that's likely what we're going to do. H has to measure, but we're thinking very bottom of basement stairs - easily accessible but out of the way.

@kimmiinthemitten  I miss Target in Canada :'( 
  • @charlotte989875  that's likely what we're going to do. H has to measure, but we're thinking very bottom of basement stairs - easily accessible but out of the way.

@kimmiinthemitten  I miss Target in Canada :'( 
    What?!  There's no Target?!  I'd deflect!
  • SITB

@OurWildKingdom  - it sounds like a good idea to take the FMLA and get additional help. best wishes on everything. 

@ShesSoCold- is your vet or a kennel an option for a weekend/overnight? we board our dogs with the vet when we're OOT. (or right now since the house isn't livable.)

in the office today trying to get some work done. carpenters came in last night and got caught up on their backlog of work, so we have a box for the tub and a new door frame and some trim. painters are back at it with oil paint, today, so i'm sure the house will smell lovely, again. I picked up more clothing from the house last night, and realized that it smelled like paint/solvent when I got dressed for work, today. I sprayed myself down with Febreze before I got to the office. 

i think the granite crew is done (maybe some touch ups), and the plumbers will be connecting the kitchen sink/disposal/dishwasher and the bathroom faucets, so that's exciting. 
  • @kimmiinthemitten  We had Target for about a year but it wasn't doing as well as anticipated. Half the reason is the stock here wasn't the same as states, so people were pissed. Also a couple months after they opened, they had a huge breach of security regarding the company credit cards that didn't help.
  • @OurWildKingdom  it's good to acknowledge when you need to take a step back and take care of yourself. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards