Wedding Woes

No debate discussions?

Re: No debate discussions?

• Yes, he is such a narcissist. It's like we are being punked.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2016
    I'm not trying to shut anything down.  

I just...last night I was watching and was feeling like I must be dumb, b/c I couldn't understand what he was saying.  And then the weird, "I was going to say something so harsh, but I just thought, I can't do it."  Did he expect Holt to be all, "C'mon man, now you HAVE to tell us!"

Then I got hold of transcripts this morning and kept thinking, "Oh, he didn't say anything.  I could try and diagram this sentence, but it still doesn't mean anything."  And his complete lack of basic understanding of foreign policy?  I'm surprised China didn't issue a statement this morning about all the things he thinks they're doing and should be doing instead.

I'm so angry that the first female presidential nominee of a major party is up against this buffoon.  B/c the story spun for generations will be, "HRC won b/c she was against a buffoon, not because she [list of qualifications that takes up 2 columns in the textbooks}."  Oh well, they'll probably leave the list out anyway.
  • Heffalump said:

My favorite?

160926_WooOK

But yes, it pisses me off that this clown is up there being treated as a potential equal, solely on the basis of spewing bullshit that (some) people want to hear.

For some reason, I was extra-irritated when Lester Holt asked about his housing discrimination lawsuit, and Trump was like "Well, that's what happens, people sue you, it's all routine for Important People Like Me."  Bullshit.  Are y'all familiar with that lawsuit?  Black half of an interracial couple (I think it was the husband, but I may have the race/gender swapped) goes into their office to inquire about an apartment they'd advertised.  They told him they didn't have anything available.  The white half of the couple (wife?) inquired about the exact same apartment afterward, and it's all "How nice to meet you, please allow us to show you around, fortunately it's still available" etc.  Like the textbook definition of racial discrimination, but he made it sound like it was just some frivolous lawsuit.

DH doesn't even like Hillary and he was continuously rolling his eyes at Trump.  I may have fought him to a draw and convinced him to vote Johnson. Any other year, DH would be in the bag for the Republican nominee, but he just can't.

This is me. I try to educate myself for every election but I'm generally pretty republican and I've never voted as anything other than republican (except local if there's no one else running or something like that) and I'm just disgusted. I'm basically holding my hands over my ears yelling "LALALALAA" and pretending Trump isn't actually the nomination but I'm going to have to be an adult here soon.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I simply cannot imagine Trump as Commander in Chief of our armed forces.  It is a frightening possibility.  Do people really want this man to carry "the football"?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Heffalump said:

My favorite?

160926_WooOK

But yes, it pisses me off that this clown is up there being treated as a potential equal, solely on the basis of spewing bullshit that (some) people want to hear.

For some reason, I was extra-irritated when Lester Holt asked about his housing discrimination lawsuit, and Trump was like "Well, that's what happens, people sue you, it's all routine for Important People Like Me."  Bullshit.  Are y'all familiar with that lawsuit?  Black half of an interracial couple (I think it was the husband, but I may have the race/gender swapped) goes into their office to inquire about an apartment they'd advertised.  They told him they didn't have anything available.  The white half of the couple (wife?) inquired about the exact same apartment afterward, and it's all "How nice to meet you, please allow us to show you around, fortunately it's still available" etc.  Like the textbook definition of racial discrimination, but he made it sound like it was just some frivolous lawsuit.

DH doesn't even like Hillary and he was continuously rolling his eyes at Trump.  I may have fought him to a draw and convinced him to vote Johnson. Any other year, DH would be in the bag for the Republican nominee, but he just can't.

This is me. I try to educate myself for every election but I'm generally pretty republican and I've never voted as anything other than republican (except local if there's no one else running or something like that) and I'm just disgusted. I'm basically holding my hands over my ears yelling "LALALALAA" and pretending Trump isn't actually the nomination but I'm going to have to be an adult here soon.
    This is me. I literally sent a text to my mom last night that said "it's time for me to stop plugging my ears and pretending this isn't happening".

It's rough. I usually vote republican too, but this time around the republican candidate doesn't even deserve the title "Presidential Candidate". Last night was bad. The things Trump said were so wrong and so disturbing. Owning property in a community doesn't make you an expert on their situation, and choosing not to discriminate against wealthy minorities doesn't mean you aren't racist. He's a loose cannon. 

• I didn't watch or listen. That may make me a bad citizen, but my mental health is tenuous enough right now.

A toast!  My mental health is more important than being subjected to that crap too! 

I was forced to watch some of that train wreck - DH put it on because he didn't want the kids watching kid shows because it as bedtime (legit reason.. though there had to be some DIY show on) and I was in that room trying to motivate them to get PJ's on... It was nothing more than a Dog & Pony show.  Watching my friends on Facebook was hilarious because both my far left and far right friends were posting the EXACT SAME THING only changing the name of the candidate!  There was nothing they posted that was different from the other.  Arguably, neither one has earned my vote, and frankly I don't trust EITHER one of those two clowns with "the football", not "this person more than the other" - I really do not trust either one being in charge of our Men & Women in Uniform. 

And that's why there are more than two candidates on the ballot and why this Dog & Pony show means nothing because if they weren't fearful of the third party candidates they'd be in the debate too. 

• I watched it, sober, and with about 200 students. I have nothing insightful to say except maybe America is starting to see what many (most?) qualified, intelligent women often deal with at work; mansplaining, interrupting, being told they are wrong by less qualified, loud men. 

To be fair, I think she handled his antics well, but I wasn't as impressed with her arguments either. I wanted her to knock it out of the park and for me she just didn't. She was better than him (that isn't exactly a high bar), but beyond dealing with his crazy, I wanted more. 
  • @charlotte989875 I agree with you and I'm hoping that next debate will be better.  I think she almost had to come across as restrained and also see how well each baiting technique she fed him worked.  Hopefully, we'll see a better, more fiery Clinton next time, while Trump stays the same.
  • I agree @VarunaTT, she had to be restrained and not rise to his bait. But I really wanted her to lay out some of her specifics, hit him back hard with facts and evidence, and really challenge his lies (because clearly Lester Holt wasn't interested in doing that). At the end when she was hitting him on women was when it felt like she was hitting her stride. 
  • Speaking of Lester Holt, these were my favorite memes for the night:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards