Budget Weddings Forum

Are there any inexpensive wedding venues in the NJ, NY or PA areas?

My fiancé and I are pretty much on our own with paying for our wedding. We are really not interested in spending a down payment on a house for a one day event. I'm trying to find a decent wedding venue with an outdoor ceremony for under $70 pp if possible. 

If anyone knows of one please let me know

Thanks

Answers

• This is an international board. You'll probably find better responses in the local boards. Good luck!
  • Peerspace might be worth a look. (Thanks @LadyCatherineDB!)
  • There are tons of budget friendly places in Pennsylvania.  Check out:

The Lehigh Valley Zoo
    Trout Lake Retreats and Conference Center
    Silver Birches

Also check out Wedding Venues Information and Pricing | Wedding Spot
  • That's the entire tri-state area. Can you narrow it down at all? Where in NY? I'm sure you could find something reasonable in Sullivan County, probably Orange too. 
    In PA, do you mean NEPA? SEPA?  I'm sure the Poconos has some good options. I could  help, but again, you need to narrow down your search area. 

Also, what time of the year are you looking at? Late summer/early fall has become such a popular time to get married now that a lot of places increase their prices for events for those months. 
  • I was married on the NYC/LI border and prices for the venue, DJ, and florist were reduced because DH and I were married off-season (in February).  Could you narrow down your preferred area at all?  If not, I can at least offer that Jan and Feb (and sometimes March) are more of a bargain than spring through fall. 
  • Caesar's Pocono Resorts - all-inclusive locations (including photographer, entertainment, etc.)which is nice.  The food was good and you can have it as large or small as you want.  KC Halls, Lion's club halls, Community Centers - A "destination" type restaurant.  There are tons of places down near Lititz, York, Lancaster, Mining museum, Scranton, etc.  Think outside the box.  Also, post this on your local boards as you'll get better recommendations. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards