Wedding Woes
Options

ShesSoCold and anyone else watching Married At First Sight, come in. *spoilers*

So I watched Tuesday's episode last night. I don't even have words. The whole "Nick denying that he and Sonia had sex and then admitting it when he found out she was ok with saying it" thing was really weird. And kinda seemed like he got called on his BS and then made up some lame excuse in an attempt to seem chivalrous. She is way too adorable, funny, and sweet to be dealing with him.

Tom and Lily- I like them together. I think they came into the process the most open out of anyone. Given the circumstances I think they seem to have a really normal, healthy relationship. I get why he's weirded out by her wanting to talk about having kids, but I also get why she wants to talk about it.

I was not surprised that Heather and Derek got a divorce. She came across as very snobbish, and quite frankly was just looking for things to dislike in him IMHO. He did say some pretty harsh things at times, but she was provoking a lot of it by being so bratty. I'm interested to see how their meeting goes next week.

Thoughts??

Re: ShesSoCold and anyone else watching Married At First Sight, come in. *spoilers*

• Options

Heather is an ass. Maybe she and Nick would have been a better match. Derek's seems like a weird dude (I would have divorced him based on that annoying little friend he has) but Heather was a flat-out ass. Him smoking has nothing to do with you. If you want someone to do everything you say and nothing else, get a damn dog. Except she wouldn't put in the effort to train it and dump it at a shelter.

I'm sad that the expert dude (can't remember his name) didn't call Nick out on his non-apology when he said "I'm sorry IF I did something to upset you". F off dude, you were a dick to her, flat out. Apologize. I'm sad that Sonia is adorable and trying so hard and my shoes have more personality than Nick.

Tom and Lily seem weird to me. Like they're both doing what they "should" do in a relationship. I get this weird vibe like they're checking off a list of what a good relationship looks like. But of all the seasons I've watched (I did not watch the first season), they seem most likely to work. I want them to have an actual issue and argument though to see how well they'll work through it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Yes!!! Nick was such a dick to Sonia. The whole "I'm not attracted to her at all!!!!!!" drunken rant he went on made me dislike him more than I already did. And he definitely should have been called out for the way he "apologized" after the fact. He and Heather should be matched. Then they could yell and fight and be boring together for the rest of their lives.

I do agree that Derek is weird for sure. They may have never worked out anyways, but it was the fact that she wrote him off basically on day one for stupid reasons that really annoyed me. She should have at least stuck it out and gave it a shot for 6 weeks just to see what happened.

• Options
    I'm obsessed with this show.

Heather is clearly a terrible person who Derek should get far far away from.

Nick's an ass (although I did by that they'd both agreed to say they hadn't had sex because it was too private, and then he was waiting for her to admit it before he talked about it). Somewhere near the end of the episode when he was like "I don't know why she hasn't moved back in yet", I was like, Dude, you had sex with her and then screamed about how unattractive she is. You're lucky she's even speaking to you.

I think Lily and Tom are adorable.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I've only seen commercials.  I actually thought it was a new show.  What is the gist of it?  Is it couples, who don't know each other, getting married just for the sake of reality tv?

That's what the title makes it sound like.  But I'm hoping there is a huge piece I am missing because that just sounds...completely insane.

Not that I am on any high horse about reality tv.  I'm addicted to 90 Day Fiance.  So much trainwreck potential.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I've only seen commercials.  I actually thought it was a new show.  What is the gist of it?  Is it couples, who don't know each other, getting married just for the sake of reality tv?

That's what the title makes it sound like.  But I'm hoping there is a huge piece I am missing because that just sounds...completely insane.

Not that I am on any high horse about reality tv.  I'm addicted to 90 Day Fiance.  So much trainwreck potential.

There's a group of "experts" that analyze all these single people who want to be married and make matches based on who they think would be compatible. Then they meet at the alter where they get legally married. They move in together and after six weeks of living as husband and wife, they decide if they want to stay married or get a divorce.

This is the fourth season and there's three couples each season. Two couples from season one are still together. None of the other ones are.

It is definitely completely insane.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    My husband and I both love that show. 

Heather is horrible. She wrote him off from the start and found her one thing to use as an excuse to get out. My heart broke for Derek when he was clearly so upset about how everything went down.

Tom and Lily seem so fake to me. I agree with @ShesSoCold that they look like they are acting like how they think a relationship should be. He also frustrates me so much. Lily isn't asking for a timeline on when to have kids. She is asking if he ever wants kids. He should have an answer to that regardless of how long he has known her. Having kids is a deal breaker for her and she deserves to know if he doesn't ever want kids.

My DH calls Nick the most boring guy on television and now thinks he is also very mean. I believe they agreed not to mention having sex and he just didn't want to say anything without her ok. That is the only thing that makes sense with how much they BOTH had said they hadn't had sex up to that point. I think it is so weird that the first time Nick seems interested in their relationship is when she moves out. He barely looked at her or spoke to her before and now is so invested in getting her to move back in. He is an ass for what he said and for that horrible "apology" he gave her. I also wanted to see the experts tell him how stupid he is for thinking their relationship shouldn't take any work.  I can't believe an adult actually thinks like that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards