Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!

Friday is here at last, WW.  What are your weekend plans?

I think we're set for DS's party.  I filled the last of the favor boxes last night, and started his TY notes.  I have to run out at lunch to see if I can snag a couple of dairy-free cupcakes, for the two girls who are allergic to dairy.  (Because I am not that LW's mom from yesterday.)  One mom usually brings her own, but I think if we have something to actually give them when the other kids are getting ice cream cake, that would be nice.  I think we're also going to swing through Wendy's on the way and pick up some nuggets, because the Wendy's nuggets are dairy-free and CFA's definitely are not.  The fruit tray should be fine if they stay away from the caramel dip.  Weather is supposed to be beautiful.

My kids have a busier social life than I do.  Tomorrow, it's DS's party, and then one of DD's friends is coming over for a playdate.  Next Saturday, DS has a party at 10:00 and DD has one at 2:00.  The Saturday after that, DD has a 2:30-6:00 (which feels long to me, but hey, I'm not the host) and a 6:00-8:30.  I'm trying to fit in the pumpkin patch and apple picking and one last hurrah at the theme park, and it's getting tough.  Thank goodness for Sundays.

Sunday is lunch and cake with my mom for her birthday.  I'm going have to hit the elliptical every day next week.

Re: FRIDAY!

• ooooh @NOLABridesmaid - let us know how it goes!

DH and I are going out of town to visit friends.  He's picking me up from work and we'll head out.   We always have a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to seeing them.  

I'm not sure what it is but lately I've had such a hard time deciding which clothes to take along on trips.  Usually I overpack because I like to have options, but lately I can't even decide which clothes to bring along.  FWP, I know, but it is annoying.
  • Tonight: Shopping/returns for vacation
    Tomorrow: Hair appt and then IDK.  We were going to go to my friend's house, but they've been sick so we'll see.  
    Sunday: JDRF walk downtown and then nothing. 

In between we're going to be packing and getting stuff gathered up for our trip and the kids ready to stay with my parents while we're gone. 
  • edited September 2016

Tonight I've got a wax, gotta get a pedicure (might go for a manicure too if I have time), work out, clean the house. Tomorrow we have a wedding at a nice hotel downtown and we got a room so we're taking the dog to my dad's on our way down.

I have a Bears game Sunday and luckily the hotel is only like 2 miles from the field so I don't have to get up at 7 to take the train in. My sister and I will just leisurely drink in our rooms and walk down. :)

My fat pants are loose!

I hope DS' party goes well Heffa!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Tonight: Shopping/returns for vacation
    Tomorrow: Hair appt and then IDK.  We were going to go to my friend's house, but they've been sick so we'll see.  
    Sunday: JDRF walk downtown and then nothing. 

In between we're going to be packing and getting stuff gathered up for our trip and the kids ready to stay with my parents while we're gone. 

How many days 'til you leave???
  • It's been so busy this school year. I finish one thing, and have to move to the next big thing. When is Thanksgiving? I need the week off.

I have a date tonight. He seems nice. Don't I always say that? Hee

The saga continues........

Good luck with your <3<3<3 date <3<3<3.  Have fun and tell us all about it next week.
  • H snored, loudly, all night long and my kind of- getting a cold feeling turned into an actual cold overnight so I'm sleep deprived and feel bad. I have an appointment at my office but I plan to leave early and nap on the couch with the cat and dog, hopefully without feeling too guilty. 
  • yeah, why was this week so damn long?!?

Saturday, if FI isn't working - Oktoberfest in our local town, also want to check out prices because I usually regret going to these things after I see how much I've paid for a beer.

Sunday, oh just a small broadway (in Chicago) production called Hamilton. I've just been listening to the soundtrack the last 4 months waiting for this day. nbd.

• @crowsgirl15 how did your meeting go yesterday?

Today is month end. I did some of the work yesterday so today shouldn't be too bad. I've got some really old invoices I need to get with some customers on. 

I sent an email to the caterer about her overcharging us and still haven't heard back from her. I'm going to go see her after work if I don't get a response today. 

We are planning on taking the dog to the dog park this weekend and I need to go to the grocery store. Other than that, we're doing nothing!
  • Tonight we're going to a game night with some new couple friends that I really enjoy.  I had to 'fess up to this couple b/c their last game night they had a few guests invited (small city) that I refuse to be around, so I think this one is just the 4 of us.  New couple at least understood the situation and didn't judge me for it, and then teased me about inviting "mortal enemies" to this one.   

Sunday is concentrating on packing up K's old place.  I think I'm mostly free on Saturday, though I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  I have a conference I'm going to all day on Monday for non profit communication.
  • FRI-YAY!

This weekend, FI is out of town for his two week work shift... so I plan on catching up all of the TV I miss out on when he's home, as well as being superbly lazy, do some homework... and maybe wash my windows.

Laundry mountain can wait until next weekend, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @ShesSoCold YAY!!!!! Congrats on the loose fat pants :) Hope you guys have a great time at the game.

@Heffalump I hope DS's party goes great!

@charlotte989875 Ugh :( So sorry you're sick :(

I found out yesterday that DH has to report for his aerial surveying job on October 17th, which means he'll probably have to leave here on the 14th or 15th. So tonight, we are having a little dinner and a movie date at home. I'm going to make homemade tomato soup and some grilled cheeses (not diet friendly, I know) and we're going to rent a movie.

Tomorrow will be the usual probably - grocery shopping and a little cleaning. I'll probably go work out before I get started with all of that so I won't get unmotivated. I also need to go bra shopping. Like bad. The wire is coming out of my good bra. I'm on the busty side so it's hard to find bras that are comfortable and don't look like they belong in an 80 year old's closet. I was all frustrated about my favorite one breaking and DH said "Well it's no wonder it broke! It's basically holding up the twin towers!" LOL.

Sunday will be church in the morning and again at night. We're having a church wide ladies vs. men chili cook-off. I entered. I want to win. Bad.

• Lookin' good, Kimmi!! I love your "it's about being comfortable" - I totally agree. I'm not trying to be a supermodel, I'm trying to be okay looking in a mirror and maybe someday I'll wear a bathing suit or shorts.

C'mon. We're the Bears. You have to feel bad for us. You know how it feels to be the worst in the league.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • looking great, @kimmiinthemitten!  Shop away

• Lookin' good, Kimmi!! I love your "it's about being comfortable" - I totally agree. I'm not trying to be a supermodel, I'm trying to be okay looking in a mirror and maybe someday I'll wear a bathing suit or shorts.

C'mon. We're the Bears. You have to feel bad for us. You know how it feels to be the worst in the league.

I do but I stil gotta root for my boys in (Honolulu) blue. It's a rivalry!  And look on the bright side, you're not the Rams!
  • This week is so stressful for me. I could not sleep at couple nights. PLEASEEEE! Just want to relax and sleep. Sis, give me some encouragement ;(
    You know is love when flowers bloom ;)
  • @kimmiinthemitten you look amazing! congrats and I'm glad your healing is going well so far!

Tomorrow is a big work day at the house - we officially gave notice we'll be moving out of our apartment at the end of October, so there is a LOT to do. We sanded down all the hardwood floors this week, so we'll be staining all weekend. they looked bad before we sanded them and they cleaned up pretty nicely, so i'm excited to see what they look like with a stain and some polyurethane one there. I also want to try and get a fresh coat on paint on the front porch since it'll be the first time in my life living in a neighborhood where i'll get a ton of trick or treaters and I know this house has been an eyesore for the neighborhood for so long - i'm looking forward to meeting some neighbors and i'd like it to look a little more polished, even if the house won't get a fresh coat of paint on the exterior tim next spring.

on Sunday i'm running my 3rd ever half marathon (and my first in over 2 years after a stress fracture). i was feeling pretty good about it, but i've come down with a bit of a cold, which isn't ideal, but oh well.
  • I will ladies. :
  • If anyone knows how it feels to be the worst team in the league it's Bills fans, so I'm on @ShesSoCold's side. Although I doubt anyone else here (except maybe a Brown's fan @AtomicBlonde) knows what it feels like to have a 16 year playoff drought. 
  • edited September 2016
    Also, way to go @kimmiinthemitten! I hope you have a great day shopping for new clothes! 

You all are giving me inspiration to finally start tracking what I'm eating and being more thoughtful about it. 

Thanks @thefanciestbeckler, I'm hoping a nap and leaving early will mean I won't be sick all weekend. 
  • So, this is weirding me out.

Last night, for the second time in like a month, I had a dream about getting back together with an ex. A different ex. But it was the same idea as the other dream - like, knee deep in getting back together and what are we going to tell people and dealing with his kids and shit.

I only have one ex left and he and I are really good friends these days and it's almost awkward to even talk about the fact that we dated in high school. I will stop sleeping all together if I dream that he and I give it another go.

• All I got is
    FRI-NALLY!!
  • If anyone knows how it feels to be the worst team in the league it's Bills fans, so I'm on @ShesSoCold's side. Although I doubt anyone else here (except maybe a Brown's fan @AtomicBlonde) knows what it feels like to have a 16 year playoff drought. 

Umm...hello...I'm a Lions fan!  The only team in the entire history of the NFL to go 0-16!  We own the market on embarrassing seasons. Haha. 

Umm...hello...I'm a Lions fan!  The only team in the entire history of the NFL to go 0-16!  We own the market on embarrassing seasons. Haha. 

Cowboys fan, here. So I know what it's like to root for a sucky team too. Lol

The Colts have not given us much to cheer for the last couple years and we're on very shaky ground so far this season. 

Also, I grew up in a house that worships the Cubbies (I'm not a Cubs/baseball fan).  And my sisters and dad are Bears fans.  They know all about sportsball disappointment.  :D 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    If anyone knows how it feels to be the worst team in the league it's Bills fans, so I'm on @ShesSoCold's side. Although I doubt anyone else here (except maybe a Brown's fan @AtomicBlonde) knows what it feels like to have a 16 year playoff drought. 

The Colts have not given us much to cheer for the last couple years and we're on very shaky ground so far this season. 

Also, I grew up in a house that worships the Cubbies (I'm not a Cubs/baseball fan).  And my sisters and dad are Bears fans.  They know all about sportsball disappointment.  :D 
    I hope so because I'm going to Indy for the game next week. I have pretty good luck at away games, but I do have the paper bag to go over my head ready, JIC. :)
  • Way to go @mrsconn23!!! Awesome!!!

Also, @kimmiinthemitten you look great! Have fun shopping :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards