Wedding Woes

Monday

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited October 2016 in Wedding Woes

Got the kids off to school and got to the office relatively uneventfully.  Uneventful is good.  DD has early release today, but afterschool is picking them up.  So from my perspective, it's SOSO.  They just get her for a couple of extra hours today.

DS's party was fun, and the weather was gorgeous.  Kids had a wonderful time.  Wooz had been a hellion earlier that morning (I had to pull her out of DS's swim class and put her in time out in the car; I haven't had to put her in time out since probably kindergarten) so I guess she was feeling remorseful, because she was Stepford Daughter at the party:  "I'll go keep an eye on DS," "I'll help Daddy clear the plates," "Here, Mommy, I brought you some nuggets."  One of the moms pulled me aside to tell me what a "lovely daughter" I have, and I thanked her but was thinking "You should have seen her at 10:15!" 

Also, one of the moms showed up at 1:15, when the party started at noon and we had the party tent from 11:30 to 1:30.  By 1:15, the nuggets, fruit tray, and cake were eaten and cleared away, we had passed out all the hayride and corn maze tickets (we had extra and gave them to people who showed up with extras, which I personally would never do, but is exactly why I have extra of everything), and the kids were running around playing on the bouncies and slides and stuff. So I was expecting "Oh, I'm so sorry we're late, [our dog was violently ill/we got a flat tire/someone stole our azaleas]." But instead she was looking around like WTF? So I said I was so sorry, we had just had the staff pack up the cake [because it was ice cream cake and couldn't really sit there indefinitely, especially after everyone had had their fill and we were starting to clear out the tent], and she goes "But it just started at 1:00!" And I genuinely felt badly (FOR HER) and said no, I'm so sorry, it actually started at noon.  And she argued with me. 

Y'all, I booked the space, paid the deposits, ordered the invites, set everything up, greeted the 25 other guests who arrived on time, and she had the balls to stand there and tell me that I had the time wrong.  Nope.  So then she said "You never sent any further communication!" You know why not?  Because everyone received a preprinted (i.e. identical and not handwritten) invitation that listed the date, time, and place, and everyone else managed to arrive on time.  That was the entirety of the communication, other than when people RSVPed and I sent them the standard "Great, we are looking forward to celebrating with you!"  At that point, the food and tickets were gone and everyone was playing, so I gave them their favor boxes and invited them to stay and play with the other kids.  But WTF.  I don't mind if people make a mistake--on one is perfect, esp. not me--but I deeply mind if they try to push it off on me.  Anyway, as I told DH on the way home, they are officially off the list, LOL.

There is more, but this is crazy long already, so I'll add more later.

Re: Monday

• Ha. Debated with the host the time the party started. Funny.

• Ours was good.  Not enough sleep though.  I did sleep really well last night, finally. 

I got my hairs did on Saturday.  We ordered the newest go-pro for vacation.  It will be here tomorrow or Wednesday. 

BIL left for deployment Saturday.  :(  My sister was OK when I saw her yesterday, but very quiet.  We're all worried about her.  She's quite type-A and a little uptight/neurotic, so this is rocking her world.  She has a ton of support, but it's still so stressful. 

Yesterday, we went to the JDRF One Walk (my dad is a type 1 diabetic).  I guess my dad overdid it or didn't have enough breakfast because he damn near collapsed at the end of the race.  I was alone with him and my kids because we got separated from our group (DefConn had to pee in the middle of the walk and my dad stayed with us).  Thankfully, the kiddo was there and could stay with him while I tried to find my mom and sister with DefConn in tow.  Blessedly, a nurse was right there and saw what was going on.  She stayed with my dad and the kiddo and plied my dad with granola bars.  We had snacks, but nothing with a ton of carbs/sugar.  I hate when my dad's number bottoms out in public (as does he and my mom/sisters) because it makes him so much more agitated than usual and it's very stressful for everyone.  After the walk, we went to get lunch. 

Annnndddd finally, DH's boss quit Friday with no notice.  DH is going to go for his job.  But that's 2 managers and 4 supervisors that have quit or gotten fired in 2 months.  The director is not playing with people who don't want to work and/or fudge numbers.  I know DH is worried about how they're going to take care of next week with him gone.  I did say, "You *told* your director this isn't a road trip and we're going to Hawaii.  There's no changing or canceling it." :) 
  • OMG @Heffalump, you're the second person I know of that had bday party fuckery this past weekend.  My friend had someone show up to her daughter's bday party that hadn't RSVP'd and brought extra kids (and yes, this party was at a party place, not her house).  She then gave shit to my friend for not having enough food. 

What the what the what is wrong with these people?!   

This is why I'm less than interested in anything but a family party at the house.  DH talks about doing up a party for DefConn this year since he's in Kindergarten.  I'm going to leave the planning to him.  ;) 
  • Other weekend goodness:

Wooz had a play date with one of her besties almost immediately after the party. I originally thought this was a kind of bad idea, but they haven't had much time together lately (they go to different schools and met through after school) and it was about the only time we could do it for the next few weeks, so I said okay.  This actually turned out to be a really good move. DS conked out on the way home from his party, and as soon as Bestie arrived, the girls disappeared to Wooz's room and basically entertained themselves all afternoon.  Mr. Heff and I actually got to sit on the sofa and drink iced coffee and have uninterrupted conversation before we started tackling odds and ends around the house.  I think I'm going to do this every birthday.

We saw my mom yesterday to celebrate her birthday (which is today), and it was fun.  The kids were in high spirits, though, and I think they wore her out.  I'm pretty sure she took a nap after we left. 

Also, we woke up yesterday to a small puddle in front of the freezer.  Inside, everything had thawed, but was still cold.  Went to my mom's, came back, and the fridge had also stopped cooling.  Ugh.  DH bought a mini fridge and I cooked all of our frozen meals, so we didn't lose too much and we have temporary storage for this week's dinners and milk.  We have a call in to the repair people (who came out several times to figure out what was wrong with the water dispenser before giving up), but my spider sense is predicting we'll need a new fridge.  :(  I wouldn't mind so much (the fridge came with the house, and it's okay, but we don't love it. Especially after the water dispenser antics.), except we just spent all that money on the Chicago trip--some of which was budgeted, but the AirBNB originally was not.  Maybe it will just be the thermostat or a control board or something, but I'm predicting that it's dead.

In other news, DH has decided that when we go to the UK, he's is going to tackle the challenge of driving on the left.  To be fair, he's not going to wing it, and he's already studying, but still.  I feel like this is more stress than I really want in my life.  He's sure it will be fine.  Also, when Googling "driving in the UK" and looking up videos on YouTube, roundabouts are apparently the #1 topic. Now I am sort of scared. :O

• OMG, I totally forgot that we went to meet the puppy yesterday.  She's so sweet!  We're still deciding.   It was mutual love between her and DefConn.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    OMG @Heffalump, you're the second person I know of that had bday party fuckery this past weekend.  My friend had someone show up to her daughter's bday party that hadn't RSVP'd and brought extra kids (and yes, this party was at a party place, not her house).  She then gave shit to my friend for not having enough food. 

What the what the what is wrong with these people?!   

This is why I'm less than interested in anything but a family party at the house.  DH talks about doing up a party for DefConn this year since he's in Kindergarten.  I'm going to leave the planning to him.  ;) 

I have given up being annoyed about extra people, because I will just drive myself nuts. And my numbers were kind of conservative anyway, because a lot of kids show up with both parents, so I plan for 2/kid and when only one shows up, I have a cushion.  But yeah, what the hell. Luckily, we didn't have any flat-out not RSVP and then show up, because that would make me super annoyed. 
  • We put an offer in on that house on Saturday. Since we aren't local, we asked that the seller respond within 24 hours, so we knew by Sunday whether I needed to stay and continue to house hunt. At 1145 yesterday, the seller's agent emailed and said they needed another 24 hours. So I went out and looked at two more houses and found another one we really like, which has been on the market since Thursday and had already had two people say they were making offers. But that agent said she'd contact ours if someone DID make an offer.

I asked DH if we should put an offer in on that house, too, and pull it if the first house came back, and he said no, but you should stay and look at more houses tomorrow. So I pulled a few more from the list and emailed the realtor asking if we could see them in case we need a Plan C (which is looking more and more likely).

I haven't heard from our realtor since I left him at 1230 yesterday. Up to this point, he's been insanely responsive, so I'm hinging towards slightly freaked out. I am about to call him, but I need to take a chill pill first.

Oh and the bad news bears came to town again, and sucky ILs are coming for a "surprise" visit next weekend. And they want us to pick them up at the airport at 6am on Saturday... Which is an hour and a half away.

Take the train, assholes.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Work from home this morning since my stupid cold is still here. It didn't help that I drank too much wine with a friend Saturday night. 

Weekend was was all right, being sick put a damper on it. The Bills won yesterday, which was great! I leave Thursday for New York so I better be feeling good by then. 
  • @Heffalump I get people calling and arguing with me about what we sell at my job. The lot we store our extra trailers also stores those mobile storage units and people will call us asking about it. Usually I just say "That's not us, we don't sell those" and they go on but this one dude said, "YES YOU DO!!" Some people. I hope that mom finds her invitation and calls you with an apology although I doubt she will.
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2016
    Totally blew my diet this weekend.  I do whenever I go into the city.  Even though it's 30 minutes away from me, I feel like I'm on vacation and eat like I'm on vacation. :( 

The Chicago production of Hamilton is AMAZING.  I compared it to the soundtrack and the voices/tone are very close. They used the alternate for Hamilton last night though, and while he was good, I felt ripped off a bit. I really really really want to see it in NY but I'm a seat snob and can't afford it. I had a really cool uber driver take me there yesterday and he was a theater buff too.  Knew his stuff!  

I was on the fence with wedding favors but a a weekend sale on the site made me jump off that fence and get them.  Boxed chocolates coming directly from Ireland.  

I tried to sit down and do school work, but it just never happened.  I must get back into my school groove.  I'm not a school person.

• There is nothing like texting your husband "your child just puked up the last of the pepto in the house.  Bring more.  and coke.  and vernors"

She HAD been better--had been to school and been fine.  But as of Saturday AM, was not.  We were supposed to go pick out kitchen backsplash tile and then do family stuff, but instead we hung out w/ little sickie at home--the Mr. went to the tile place and brought back samples--I gave approval and will go order it today.

And after all the sick drama, the Mr. came down w/ her crud Saturday night.  So the only thing we did involving leaving the house was seeing my folks to borrow a truck to get a new door to the garage.

Totally unambitious weekend.
  • We took the kids shoe shopping Saturday.   DD was a gem and loved trying things on.   DS wants his too small shoes pried off his cold dead feet.   I swear this kid is going to turn into an old man fast.   Dude, your feet are a size too small!   

So now I'm facing the task of trying to find similar looking shoes to try to swap them out without the 2 yo being any wiser.   

DH came home feeling really off on Thursday and felt weak.   I took him to the doctor (me driving is RARE) and we're now in a wait and see approach for the next two weeks.   In the meantime I had to make up the time I lost for work over the weekend because my paperwork is just piling up.  DD is loving My Little Pony and I'm letting the TV babysit for a few hours.

Sunday DD and I made apple pie.   I let Pillsbury help with the crust and it was fantastic.   Also great to do a project together.

Not so great?   Kiddo found the watercolors and painted near the white Chromebook.

Oh well - in all it was decent.   Tonight is dual kiddo bath night in the freshly scrubbed and bleached tub (thanks to yours truly) and then we dress up the older one for school pictures tomorrow. 
  • I never understand both parents going to the party or bringing extra kids and expecting the hosts to pay.  No!!  1.  I don't really want to go anyway, why make DH too?  2. Parents all know how much that stuff costs, why place extra burden?  Of course I have one time I did it.  The party was at the pool we belong to.  I was going to be out of town and because it was a pool party DH didn't want to drop M2.  He took all the kids, but took pizza for our boys and we warned them there would be no goody bags.  The mom did give them some cake and offered them other stuff.

We had 6let's party Sunday.  I made terrible crafts, but the kid loved it so that's all that matter.  The weather was lovely and we had an awesome afternoon. 

Then my mom called......My 55 year old cousin died over the weekend.  Also, my aunt had a heart attack and is not doing well.  I hope there's no third thing.

• banana468 said:
    We took the kids shoe shopping Saturday.   DD was a gem and loved trying things on.   DS wants his too small shoes pried off his cold dead feet.   I swear this kid is going to turn into an old man fast.   Dude, your feet are a size too small!   

DS is like this with a pair of Old Navy joggers from last year.  They're like a 2T, they're pretty much capris at this point.  There's a hole in the knee.  And he loves them more than any other pants ever. I was tempted to whisk them out of his closet this weekend, but god help us if he goes looking for them and they're not there.

(also, I use Pillsbury crusts, too.  I tried making my own, but Pillsbury's are better.)

• Heffalump said:
    banana468 said:
    We took the kids shoe shopping Saturday.   DD was a gem and loved trying things on.   DS wants his too small shoes pried off his cold dead feet.   I swear this kid is going to turn into an old man fast.   Dude, your feet are a size too small!   

DS is like this with a pair of Old Navy joggers from last year.  They're like a 2T, they're pretty much capris at this point.  There's a hole in the knee.  And he loves them more than any other pants ever. I was tempted to whisk them out of his closet this weekend, but god help us if he goes looking for them and they're not there.

(also, I use Pillsbury crusts, too.  I tried making my own, but Pillsbury's are better.)

I'm going to have to do the whisk away this week when the new shoes show up. 

And if he cries too much he'll have to do it at daycare.   There are plenty of other good things in your life kid to worry about wearing new shoes. 

• I had a great weekend. My cousin's wedding on Saturday was awesome. Nice hotel, great food, lots of fun. My cousin is gorgeous and literally could have been a model with her body type. She looked awesome.

Sunday morning I slept way later than I am typically able to go on game day and my sister and I walked to the field. Bears finally won and looked pretty good. My sister stayed at our house and all three of us were falling asleep on the couch by like 8:30. I went to bed at halftime and I don't think I even saw the second half kickoff.

During the game, some ass ran onto the field in a gorilla suit. I couldn't see it but apparently he was wearing a t-shirt that said "all lives matter". Ugh. He made it pretty far and was on the field for a while. Valiant effort.

But the busy weekend means house is not clean and groceries are not bought. So as much as H and I hate doing that shit on weeknights, we have to. :(

The owner of my company just CCed me in an email where he put an apostrophe in congratulations. That genuinely makes me sad.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • We are back from a nice long weekend in Chicago. The weather wasn't the greatest but really only had to deal with rain on Saturday so it wasn't too bad. We did a couple museums, walking cupcake tour, boat tour and then random walking around/shopping. Slept like crap in the hotel (feather pillows that turned instantly flat when you laid your head down) but other than that can't complain. Now I just want to be home and eat the popcorn we bought yesterday and the 5lb bag of gummy bear from Albaneese candy store on the way to Chicago Thursday.
  • I have some sort of cold/flu/upper respiratory thing. I started feeling crummy Friday night, but the last 2 have been hellish. my voice is completely shot, and I have a call with one of our engineering directors later today. (I didn't want to ask him to reschedule, so i'm going to tough it out and hope that I get some semblance of a voice back by this afternoon.)

Weekend was fairly laid back. Saturday I toughed it out and we went with DK to a local fish club event. We won some baby bristlenose plecos, so Wolverine ended up with some new fish in her tank. 
    Image result for bristlenose pleco
    After the fish thing, we went to dinner with some friends at a hibachi place. Wolverine and her boyfriend had a blast - it's been a while since they got to hang out. 
    Yesterday, i felt really crummy, so spent most of the day in bed. I hung out in the hotel hot tub for a little while in the hopes that the heat and steam would help a little with the cold. 
    WFH today in order to not get coworkers sick. We're set to move back into the house tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. the downstairs stuff and the other 2 rooms on the insurance claim are maybe 75% done, but the master bath is only at 25% or so. 
  • This is the Mondayest of all of the Mondays.  I was up from 1-4 per my new usual, but managed to wake up at 8am.  I got to the office at 9, and finally have organized, printed and logged all of the emails/voicemails/quote requests that came in over the last two weeks.  I'm pretty sure I'll be at my desk until Thursday at this rate.

The weekend was great though, I worked a really cool party Saturday for the caterer.  It was a 25th anniversary for a company and it was 90's themed with a costume party.  Yesterday, I actually didn't watch any football (thankfully since as you know from @ShesSoCold's post that we lost LOL) and instead I got my hair done in a new style and had dinner with my best friend.

Now that I am more mobile, I have 4 days to catch up at work and clean my house before my sis flies in Thursday (sans baby - this could be interesting).

@6fsn so sorry to hear about your fam.  Hugs.

Hopefully everyone else with colds feels better soon!  I've been avoiding FI because he has one too!
  • Weekend was too short!
    Friday was eventful. My car has needed some work for a while. We decided last weeke that we would tackle the alternator this weekend, so I ordered the part to the auto parts store across the street. It was set to come in Friday after 4. Around 1:30, I set off to exchange FMIL's present. On my way there,  I was at a T-intersection in the left turn lane and there was a big dump truck in the right turn lane. Mutha fucka drifts into my lane and dents my car! If course there is no where to stop or pullover. By the time I could, dude was no where to be seen. Then, I get to the mall. I wasn't expecting the store to be in a mall so I parked, googled I was in the right place, and checked the exact location of the the store so I didn't have to lug that big ol' box through the entire mall. I thought I would move my car once I knew which entrance the store was closest to. NOPE! Car is dead. FH comes to try to jump it but it is dead dead. Tow truck gets involved, FH gets snippy with me, I shut that shit down. We pickup the alternator on the way home and it still doesn't work. 
    We spent Friday night going over our wedding finances. It took hours, and a couple frustrating moments but we are doing better than we thought.

Saturday morning, I had a dress fitting. Almost perfect. Last one is on the 13th. Then we picked up the starter for my car, I hung around while FH put the car up on jacks, then went to the bank and grocery store. In the time I was gone FH fixed my MFing car!!!! I was so surprised he finished so quickly. My jeep is so happy now! College football and chili making followed. Our team won, 5-0! Woot woot! (Honestly, they didn't play that well against a just okay team but it's still a W). 

Sunday, I woke to the sounds of cat fighting at 6am. The adrenaline rush on whether it was our cat or not kept me up. We stayed up to watch the end of the Steelers game, and getting out of bed was hard this morning.
  • Oh. My. God. These sellers are making want to walk away.

Listing says ALL APPLIANCES INCLUDED, so on our offer, we came in a little under asking price and we reiterated that. They countered with $2k more, no appliances. We asked about appliances, they said, okay, $1k more then. And we accepted at the $3k higher price... Seconds before the sellers came back with JK We actually need $2k more for the appliances. 

So I made our agent spell out to them what our expectations are based on the listing, fridge, washer/dryer, oven, dishwasher AND THE SHED OUT BACK since alllll those are stated to be "included" on the listing, and that once we have that in writing, we have a deal.

"Sellers have gotten a lot of interest in the house in the week it's been on the market, they aren't in a hurry to sell, and they think they can get full list price for it."  If any of that were true, they would have rejected our initial offer. I'm calling their bluff.

Anyway, all that was over an hour ago. I know they're trying to squeeze us for full list price, and I know the house won't appraise for full price. There's a bigger house one town over I may be seeing this afternoon.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• My happy news today: For some reason our schools don't have school next Friday.  It just so happens to be my hometowns county fair week.  We're going to get our fried food on!

There is a little sad- the 100+ year old grandstand burned down a few weeks ago.  It's going to be weird.
  • @AtomicBlonde I say call them on it.  If you really love it, then give them a deadline to agree and if they don't meet it say you're pulling your offer.

If they had better offers they would have taken them by now.
  • @atomicblonde unless someone came out and said the original listing was wrong and appliances shouldn't have been included, I'd go back with my initial offer with appliances included and call their bluff.  Their theory is they don't think you will walk away for a 3K difference. If you are ok with walking then make that offer and walk if necessary.
  • @AtomicBlonde I say call them on it.  If you really love it, then give them a deadline to agree and if they don't meet it say you're pulling your offer.

If they had better offers they would have taken them by now.
    I agree with this. If the listing said all appliances included, and that was in your offer, I'd push back. If you have other options, I'd take the risk. 

When we had the inspection done there were a number of minor issues came up and we asked the seller to fix them before closing, with receipts by closing, and respond by a certain date. They verbally agreed, but took for ever (past the deadline) to sign and it drive me crazy. I finally got to the point where I told my agent that we were walking a few days before closingwe would have been covered by our agreement) if they didn't have everything signed and proof threat they did it on time.

Surprise surprise, they finally did everything they said they would, and on time as soon as we threatened to walk.  It really felt like they were trying to get us to close without them having done all the work they said they would. 
  • I agree with this. If the listing said all appliances included, and that was in your offer, I'd push back. If you have other options, I'd take the risk. 

When we had the inspection done there were a number of minor issues came up and we asked the seller to fix them before closing, with receipts by closing, and respond by a certain date. They verbally agreed, but took for ever (past the deadline) to sign and it drive me crazy. I finally got to the point where I told my agent that we were walking a few days before closingwe would have been covered by our agreement) if they didn't have everything signed and proof threat they did it on time.

Surprise surprise, they finally did everything they said they would, and on time as soon as we threatened to walk.  It really felt like they were trying to get us to close without them having done all the work they said they would. 
    I wish I'd done that. I bought my house knowing that the entire back wall of the house and 1/4 of the front had been replaced because of termite damage, but somehow both the inspector and the termite inspector missed that the entire front of the garage was completely damaged as well. Fortunately, a friend of mine fixed it for $100. The plumbing, however, was a different story. I knew that there were issues there as well and the seller said they fixed it, but it cost me around $400 fixing it after the fact. 
  • @AtomicBlonde - I wouldn't offer more for the appliances if the listing already said that they were included. I also wouldn't offer more than what the house would appraise for. (Cause you'll immediately be under water on that house - that's the last place you want to be.)

You might want to look for a different agent, because they should be representing your best interests, and it doesn't sound like this person is. Your RE should be looking out for you on things like this - we found a house that we liked that was listed at least $50K above what it would appraise for. She recommended an offer that was probably laughable based on list price, but was fair given the condition of the property and on par with appraisal/market value.
    They turned it down, but the feedback from their RE to our RE was that she told them they should have taken it because their asking was way too high. During the search for comps to make that offer, our RE actually came upon the house that we live in now. Like you guys, we were on a tighter time frame for moving, and were trying to get under offer that week. She managed to get us in and have an offer out for that house before the first house rejected it. 
  • We walked away from purchasing a house because the owners insisted that they wanted to take the custom shutters on the windows.  WTF?  They were custom made for that house!  I knew we wouldn't have money to buy new window curtains after buying that house, so we walked.  It took those people six more months to sell that house.  We bought a similar one for less money, just two blocks away.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Friday -   Well if you remember our place was flooded on Friday.   DH left work early and took me out for happy hour.  Then we met up with friends and just hung out.

Saturday. - watched football, hiked, listened to 7 blowers and 1 dehumidifier all day.  Worked that night

Sunday - watched football all day, started packing up the house.  Was called off of work.  

Today we got the keys to the new rental and moved all the stuff in the garage over.(we are paying double rent this month).

Our new place is across the parking lot.  For some reason they are some 6-10 inches shorter in certain areas than the current place. Otherwise the layout is the same (well mirrored image).   Our sofa barely fits now.  Grr.    We ordered a new table based on the current place.  Now it's going to be a tight fit also.   I figured there might be a little difference, but not as much as it is.    Oh well, we will make it work.

The rest of my day as been spent  setting up transferring services and getting Direct TV to give me the same rates as new subscribers.   If they didn't I would have cancelled and had DH setup new service.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • This weekend was a bit of an adventure...  Last Monday I started working with a physical coach to adjust the diet and get a base built for training (I'm well networked so the person I hired I've seen his work with other clients).  Told myself as my body was adjusting to the diet not to bit** about it because I need to trust the process.  By Friday my GI track and Thyroid shut down from system shock and I gained about 5lbs. on a diet I should have dropped at least that.  What did Mesmr learn - "Low fat and high fiber diets aren't for everyone and can spell disaster for me!" - it's one more way my body does not lose weight.  Thankfully I started treating it early enough so I didn't have to go to the hospital, but still trying to undo the damage is still incredibly frustrating to kicking this process into gear.  It also is frustrating because Friday AM I put in a call to my doc because of the thyroid (they dropped my dose just short of three weeks ago) but I was scared how badly I was symptomatic.  It's like I sprouted three heads and "you can either go to Urgent Care or wait until Monday for the doctor to look this over because the doctor covering for your primary today thinks your case is too complicated" - I was like "how complicated is it to order the test so when he gets in on Monday the dose can be adjusted back up?"...   And of course - no call from the doc's office today to say "go back to the old dose, come in for a retest, make an appointment, go see someone in Endo, here's how to get your system back online" nothing.. 

@AtomicBlonde I agree with the others - your realtor isn't going to bat for you on this and given how much they're going to charge you for this sale, IMO, time for someone else.  Next, I'd say "our original offer stands, your listing included appliances and expect you to hold to that at our original offer's price" because really - I'd go buy new appliances (then you have everything new, with warranties, and the features you want that are important for that same budget). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards