Wedding Woes

Tuesday!

I took the kids to get flu shots (one for me too), DefConn's Hep A booster (that I was harassed about for 2 weeks), and a f/u for the kiddo.  DefConn cried about the shots when he woke up, cried when I picked him up at school, cried when we walked in the doctor's office, and then tried to bolt when it was his turn.  Luckily I'm a smidge faster than that slippery little eel.  But he did try to pull a Woozle, @Heffalump and act like he couldn't use his arm.  ;)

I'm 90% packed, I have the kids medical releases and insurance stuff together, I am getting my nails done tonight, and I'm driving everyone in my house insane by going over my mental checklists and reminder everyone of all.the.things 20 bajillion times.  I will not be surprised if they stuff me in the trunk to shut me up.  :D

Re: Tuesday!

• I know you've said this a million times, but when do you leave @mrsconn23?  All the kid vaccine stories crack me up. 

Two days until I leave for New York. I can't wait to see my friends and just have a weekend to eat and relax. H is staying home so it really is a girls weekend. I'm so looking forward to it. Every time I go back I am equally sad that I left the city, and happy that I have a house and a yard. 

I'm going to a fundraiser Thursday night and a sorority reunion Saturday, and have no idea what to pack to wear. 
  • Happy Tuesday.

I'm so tired about hearing about this clown foolishness. Parents are calling, rumors are flying with the kids. Here is to Halloween hurrying up and getting here, so things can go back to normal.

Plusalso, I have major cramps today.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2016
    I know you've said this a million times, but when do you leave @mrsconn23?  All the kid vaccine stories crack me up. 

FRIDAY!  :D 

Also, the nurse was all, "I remember you!" to DefConn because he caused a HUGE scene in March with his original kindergarten boosters.  Wailing, teeth gnashing, screaming "NEVER NEVER NEVERRRRRRRRRRR!!!", and DH had to carry him out of the doctor's office because he was so hysterical.   So ridiculous and dramatic. 
  • Happy Tuesday.

I'm so tired about hearing about this clown foolishness. Parents are calling, rumors are flying with the kids. Here is to Halloween hurrying up and getting here, so things can go back to normal.

The clown thing is ridiculous. The university I used to work at just put out a statement saying there is no threat, stop listening to social media, and basically calm TF down. 

I hate clowns, always have, but the "fear" is absurd. 
  • I think my coworker is bleaching her office. The smell is so strong my eyes are burning.

I have a new car itch again. Which I need to get over because I cannot scratch it until mid-2018.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Happy Tuesday.

The clown thing is ridiculous. The university I used to work at just put out a statement saying there is no threat, stop listening to social media, and basically calm TF down. 

I hate clowns, always have, but the "fear" is absurd. 
    I'm also terrified of clowns.  Also, anything like the clown BS always makes me wonder if it's some viral campaign for a new horror movie.  

Two people somewhere in the south did get charged with false reporting after calling in one of these clown hoaxes.  And a guy dressed as a clown was arrested last week for harassment/stalking/trying to scare the bejesus out of people. 
  • Tell DefConn I said best wishes in eventually regaining the use of his arm. ;)

I hate the period right before a big trip, because I'm the same way: so much to do, worried about forgetting something.  (When we went to Chicago, I forgot to put the vacation feeder in for Wooz's fish, but fortunately they survived.)

The 8:00 401(k) meeting just got out, which does not bode well for my 10:00 session.  I really don't like these meetings.  Plus the rep there can't give any investment advice, so when they ask if anyone has any questions, it's always nonsense like "Should I put all of my money in international stocks?" and other stuff that just wastes all of our time. 

I'm tired today. DS kept telling me he wanted to go back to sleep.  (Me too, kiddo.)  At least Wooz was up right on time, and dressed and ready to go when the bus showed up a couple minutes early.

I have to figure out what to get Wooz's friend for her birthday, and I keep forgetting to ask Wooz what this friend likes.  I miss the days when I could just throw a box of Duplos in a gift bag and call it a day.

• mrsconn23 said:

Happy Tuesday.

I'm also terrified of clowns.  Also, anything like the clown BS always makes me wonder if it's some viral campaign for a new horror movie.  

Two people somewhere in the south did get charged with false reporting after calling in one of these clown hoaxes.  And a guy dressed as a clown was arrested last week for harassment/stalking/trying to scare the bejesus out of people. 

@NOLABridesmaid, I am also over the whole clown thing.

@mrsconn23, I read that article to Wooz, because one of our neighbors (who has older siblings, where I'm sure he got all of this) was telling all the other kids about clowns in the woods kidnapping kids and stuff, and she thought it was true.  The only thing in our woods are the coyotes we heard yipping and calling last night.  Maybe they were eating a clown. ;)

• I feel bad for the clowns that work birthday parties and things. You know their business is hit hard.
  • Happy Tuesday!

DH is back at work after being off last week.  He has his vasectomy on the 23rd and then took the week off to recover (his job is physically demanding so we thought it would be best).  The procedure didn't go as smoothly as we had been assured.

We did have a great week, though.  We got a lot done around the house, like giving our cheap hollow core doors a makeover.  We did this in white:

http://www.whitenestshop.com/blog/black-is-the-new-white-updating-hollow-core-doors

Seriously, they look so much better.  He has been wanting to buy new doors for so long but we need a ridiculous amount of them and haven't wanted to spend the money.  This will do until we decide to pull the trigger.

Anyway, now I'm just sitting here, working at my own pace, watching the shows that piled up on the dvr while he was home.

• Congrats @AtomicBlonde, one hurdle down, 8,000 more to go. 
  • tawillers said:

Happy Tuesday!

DH is back at work after being off last week.  He has his vasectomy on the 23rd and then took the week off to recover (his job is physically demanding so we thought it would be best).  The procedure didn't go as smoothly as we had been assured.

We did have a great week, though.  We got a lot done around the house, like giving our cheap hollow core doors a makeover.  We did this in white:

http://www.whitenestshop.com/blog/black-is-the-new-white-updating-hollow-core-doors

Seriously, they look so much better.  He has been wanting to buy new doors for so long but we need a ridiculous amount of them and haven't wanted to spend the money.  This will do until we decide to pull the trigger.

Anyway, now I'm just sitting here, working at my own pace, watching the shows that piled up on the dvr while he was home.

I am so excited about this! We have the cheapest doors and they look terrible. But if/when I have an extra grand, new interior doors are not my first priority. I'm going to show this to H! Thanks!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @mrsconn23  @Heffalump  I use to do the same thing. Get a shot in my leg, drag leg for rest of day ;)

WELL I'M BACK AND WE ARE MOVED!!

I'll break down the entire time in this.
    THIS IS YOUR WARNING - IT WILL BE LONG

Thursday - got home, ate, did dishes, packed dishes and started back and forth trip. Picked up H's buddy M. They did back and forth a bit while I arranged stuff to go.
    They get home, eat and crash.

Friday - woke up at 4:30am with migraine. Take Tylenol, drink water and put tiger balm on my face and go back to sleep.
    H is up at 6am ready to go. He has to stop at my mum's place for deactivated guns because the safe is too heavy without them to even think about moving with them. He picked up food on way home. Eat and go get truck.

We get truck at 9:30am, and leave apt at 1:30pm. Long. Fucking. Day.
    Panic attack and still had migraine. I wanted to die.

Move stuff in, put stuff in garage, truck is back by 3:15pm {due back by 3:30pm}
    Moved around what we could, and H and M went to get pizza. After food we went to support H's cousin's gf for a radio contest. She had a bunch of prizes regardless whether or not she won, and we won a photo shoot.
    I was saying recently, I regretted not having engagement shoot done because I want just a nice photo shoot of us.

Friends came over, knowing we didn't have a fridge and brought food. Hung out for a bit, they left and we crashed.
    Penny was nervous and it's really echoed, so we kept waking up from hearing her.

Saturday - H's mum stopped over in the morning to see the place. Fridge company came, we did groceries. Put stuff together and then found out that our washer was pissing water from back. Joy.
    Ended up going to my mum's to do laundry.

Sunday - Washer fixed! {It was hose, no rubber sealing} Got new hose. H's buddy G came over and looked at it and set up our t.v
    Cable people came, and they had hell of issue trying to get our phone and cable set up cuz previous owners were idiots. At least it's done now.
    Went to take a bath, water goes cold. Found out they set water heater to 'vacation' mode - finally hot water! {previous showers were tepid but not cold}

Monday - went for change of address stuff, H had to go downtown to change some of his stuff so I went shopping. Wanted to get shirts, but couldn't find any. Got 2 lip products, brow gel, face lotion, concealer, eye shadow primer, fancy shampoo and bath bomb.

Boss texted me to see if I could come in today. Coworker really sick, and other office can't cover since they're short staffed too.

So I'm here!
  • tawillers said:

DH is *terrified* of vasectomy complications.  BIL had them.  I will not be telling him about Mr. Taw.  I'm getting my mirena replaced next month, but I am putting the screws to DH to get the big V in the next year or two if we're done having kids. 
  • Texts you don't want from your husband: "may be a bomb threat at the stadium ". The stadium he works right next too. Nothing else from him. Nothing on the news. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    tawillers said:

DH is *terrified* of vasectomy complications.  BIL had them.  I will not be telling him about Mr. Taw.  I'm getting my mirena replaced next month, but I am putting the screws to DH to get the big V in the next year or two if we're done having kids. 

Yeah I'm going to leave that part out of my door discussion too. I'm only in year 2 of a 10 year IUD and I doubt a doctor will give a 30 year old with no kids a vasectomy but that's definitely on our ten year to-do list.
  • Anything on Twitter @6fsn, that tends to be the quickest updating. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Holy shit, @6fsn!
    They get regular visits from secret service and homeland security. They have to have special clearance on game days too. Bastard hasn't answered in 30 mins. I'm choosing to believe it's just like a clown hoax. 
  • I get the super fun task of trying to track down a cement mixer truck missing a chute. I was heading home last night and there were cars on both sides of me when the car in front of me swerved. I didn't have enough time or anywhere to go so I hit a big piece of concrete coated metal. It did probably $2,000 of damage. Of course, nobody wants to take responsibility that their truck didn't properly secure a chute. Apparently, another vehicle in front of me hit it while it was turned up and the way it hit his truck doors prevents them from opening. We had the highway patrol come out and write us each accident reports, but H and I decided that we're not going to fix my car if we have to pay the deductible. 

Other than that...this week has been HR hell. I filed paperwork to discharge two employees yesterday, hired 3 employees yesterday, discharging another employee tomorrow, started 2 of the 3 new hires today, start the other new hire tomorrow. 
  • Congrats @MissKittyDanger!

@Nolabridesmaid, yes the clown thing is ridic.  I'm not even scared of them, but I can see how people are.  Especially the creepy ones.  I thought some town had a problem with them way before Halloween though?

4 weeks before I say "I do"!  Getting a haircut and my nails done tonight. Shellac.  Time grow them, so it's a decent length for the wedding for that one picture we'll take to show them off. 

• tawillers said:

Happy Tuesday!

I am so excited about this! We have the cheapest doors and they look terrible. But if/when I have an extra grand, new interior doors are not my first priority. I'm going to show this to H! Thanks!

We did all our doors for around $30.  Can't beat that!

If you do decide to do this, the measurements she used are in the comments.  That's what we used and it was very easy.

• mrsconn23 said:
    tawillers said:

He didn't get enough local and felt too much on the first side.  After that, they really loaded him up but he was too freaked out and started to have a panic attack (they wouldn't let me be in the room; I could have calmed him down).  They had to lower the head-end of the table so he wouldn't pass out.  He was completely white and dripping with sweat.  I felt awful.

There were absolutely no complications during recovery.  He said the worst part was itchiness from hair growing back and then the stitches getting caught on his leg hair (he could only stand to wear the tighty whities for a couple days).

• @AtomicBlonde  - congrats!

DH left for Denver this morning.  He took his 2 sous chefs to a food show.  They will be there overnight.  The amount of food they will consume will be obnoxious.   Last I heard they are going to have breakfast at Mc Donald's (on the road),  2 lunches, 2 dinners, a cocktail reception and one late night food place today.  Then breakfast and 2 lunches tomorrow before coming home.    

I've gone the last 2 years with them.  Way too much food for me, so I decided to stay at home.   Instead I will be moving some stuff over to the new place.

Yesterday we took 2 pieces of the sectional over to the new place to make sure it fit.   Now the dogs are fighting over the remaining spots on the couch since "their" sections are gone.  Basically giving me no space on the sofa. :unamused:

My washer will be fixed today.  It's been broken for over 3 weeks.  I've been putting off washing certain items because i didn't want to take it to the laundromat.  

Looks like my evening alone will be spent doing laundry.    Maybe I will add a bottle of wine to that list?   Ummm???

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Heffalump said:

I hate the period right before a big trip, because I'm the same way: so much to do, worried about forgetting something.  (When we went to Chicago, I forgot to put the vacation feeder in for Wooz's fish, but fortunately they survived.)

@Heffalump if your fish were well fed before, they can usually go at least 2 weeks without food. they might get a little nippy with each other, but they shouldn't starve. DK has found that those feeding tabs screw with the water quality more than they're worth. (if you do get them use the gel ones) Some of his female mouth breeders will go 3+ weeks without eating when they have eggs/babies in their mouth. 

We're moving back into the house today, after 12 nights at the hotel. They're still not done, but our kitchen is considerably more usable, so hooray for that. we need to remember how to re-light the pilots on the stove/oven. The plumbers are supposed to come out today to hook up our washer and dryer - the room isn't complete (still needs tile) but i need to get all of the sheets washed and the backlog of laundry started. 

cold or upper respiratory thing from hell needs to go away - on the plus side it hit before I went to Montreal - i'm just hoping it doesn't get any worse. the flu that I had in March turned into bronchitis and took a solid 5-6 weeks and 2 cycles of antibiotics to fully clear up. 
  • Any update yest @6fsn? That's terrifying.

Congrats @atomicblonde!

Today I have a big meeting with my boss and I'm still playing catch up.  I finally slept through the night, but have been up since 4:00.  And worse yet, FI has a cross country meet tonight so he won't be home until 7:30 so I have no one to keep me from napping on the couch after work.  It's going to be tough.

In other good news, I got my Shoedazzle boots in (the pic was way too big to load in)!  I had 2 old credits so I used them up and got shoes to wear for either my shower or bachelorette party this weekend; haven't decided 100% yet.  They're fairly comfortable and still cute in person so I'm pretty excited!

• @6fsn  hopefully it's nothing serious! Any word?

@kimmiinthemitten  omg those boots are cute!! What's the actual link to site? I may need to steal your shoe style also ;)
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2016
    *Barbie* said:
    Heffalump said:

@Heffalump if your fish were well fed before, they can usually go at least 2 weeks without food. they might get a little nippy with each other, but they shouldn't starve. DK has found that those feeding tabs screw with the water quality more than they're worth. (if you do get them use the gel ones) Some of his female mouth breeders will go 3+ weeks without eating when they have eggs/babies in their mouth. 

That has been my experience.  The tablets (spirulina et al.) are worthless: her fish won't touch them, and they cloud up her water.  We usually let them fend for themselves for 3-4 days, and any longer than that gets the Tetra gel feeder.  (It hasn't appreciably hurt the water quality, and it seems like her fish actually eat it.) She has a monster goldfish that eats anything we add (snails, ghost shrimp, even her pleco); it coexists peacefully with her two Glo Fish, but I wouldn't trust Splasher when he (?) is hungry.
    lyndausvi said:

DH left for Denver this morning.  He took his 2 sous chefs to a food show.  They will be there overnight.  The amount of food they will consume will be obnoxious.   Last I heard they are going to have breakfast at Mc Donald's (on the road),  2 lunches, 2 dinners, a cocktail reception and one late night food place today.  Then breakfast and 2 lunches tomorrow before coming home.    

I used to attend the big food shows like IFT and NRA and I loved them.  Food everywhere! 

Oh, and speaking of food, I was wrong about the fridge: $200 for a new control board and $50 labor, and we should be good as new tomorrow.  :)

• I have decided that I am going to need some space from my family until the wedding and probably after. I was planning on staying in the country long enough to spend christmas with them but I am so hurt and mad at this point I don't see that happening. That Sucks. I don't want to have a strained relationship with my family but I also can't keep allowing myself to be hurt. Since I can't change them and I can't separate myself emotionally, I have to physically separate. Even more than the 800 miles, I have to limit contact. I already know thay this will make me "dramatic", that I will be "over exaggerating", and it will be my fault the my mother is crying. Fuck that shit.

Other than that, everything is great. 18 days! Our first friends to arrive show up in 15 days! I am so excited and can't wait to have this fabulous party! And get married, of course. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards