Snarky Brides

Republicans cannot be this stupid.

14567810»

Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:c6ac75a9-7cd3-4f17-a84d-7dff2fc66267">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'd flame a newb to hell and back if she tried to tell certain people they weren't "allowed" to respond to her posts. IT'S A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD!!!!111!!eleventyone! 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

<div>*nod*</div>
  • Man, Blue, I'm with Steph, you could just put Mery on block and then this thread would've remained politically charged. Now it's just Blue vs. Mery again, supposedly what you don't want. 

And I'm out! Have a good night ladies :)
    Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:f5c44136-20d2-4510-879c-07199784f641">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid. : Actually, I was just trying to have a mature conversation because I'm over whatevertheeff happened 6 months ago. And maybe someone else might not mind reading my comments who was also involved in the race conversation. Whatever. I wasn't even disagreeing with you, I was espousing a different point of view, which shows me exactly how much you actually read.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    Going out of your way to passive agressively call blue immature, is pretty lame dude. Not surprising, but totally lame. You might be over it, but youre still annoying as shiit.
  • Right, so we can end politically charged threads by talking about bullshiit things like jokes, and rainbows and poop, but when its an actual gripe its not allowed?

Makes sense.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:eba13262-7277-4e82-974e-15c71947396c">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid. : Going out of your way to passive agressively call blue immature, is pretty lame dude. Not surprising, but totally lame. You might be over it, but youre still annoying as shiit.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Your contributions to this thread have been stimulating, as always.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:19413d4a-d6e5-45be-a5b3-077bfb3dd7ea">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid. : Your contributions to this thread have been stimulating, as always.
    Atleast I dont sound like im always copy/pasting from a textbook.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:c6ac75a9-7cd3-4f17-a84d-7dff2fc66267">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We'd flame a newb to hell and back if she tried to tell certain people they weren't "allowed" to respond to her posts. IT'S A PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD!!!!111!!eleventyone! Personally, I think you two should get a room and hug it out, SB-style.  (By that, I of course mean topless.)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I didnt say she wasnt<strong> allowed</strong> to.  I said I dont know <strong>why</strong> she does because I have said numerous times I dont want to engage with her.  I actually said she can do what she wants, post where she wants, quote who she wants.

When the eff did it become not ok to say what you want/feel?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:c5049e84-1832-4fa3-a101-9dcdf08d28ee">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid. : Atleast I dont sound like im always copy/pasting from a textbook.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Clearly. You don't/can't/won't participate in political or philosophical discussions but you never miss a "duh, Mery, you're stupid and Blue is right" opportunity.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Yeah. Mery... the whole lame and immature comment just reminded me why I don't usually defend you.

Blue- I agree. I hate when political threads diverge into jokes, just because someone is uncomfortable with the topic.  

•  

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:d26d98c1-3084-486e-b57f-cca895eb82ce">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid. : Clearly. You don't/can't/won't participate in political or philosophical discussions but you never miss a "duh, Mery, you're stupid and Blue is right" opportunity.
    Ahh nice how you added that. Your original comment only said Clearly, asshole.
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    She told you why she does it.  If you feel harassed anyway and want to say so, that's fine; I never said otherwise.  I just think it's a bit of a double standard, because you know the moment some unsuspecting newb posts "I don't want to talk to you; please don't respond to my posts," elventy billion people are going to jump down her throat with the public message board line.

Allowed was in quotation marks because I was using the word facetiously; not because it was an actual quote. I know you didn't say it. I'm sorry -- I realize that was unclear and probably seemed inflammatory because of it.
  • I agree with Reddy about the block button being a good friend.

Maybe it's not the most mature thing in the world, but sometimes it's just not worth it to ruin your day because someone else was wrong on the internet.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:c68f3c37-2a76-440b-b679-21d51be7c95d">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]She told you why she does it.  If feel harassed anyway and want to say so, that's fine; I never said otherwise.  I just think it's a bit of a double standard, because you know the moment some unsuspecting newb posts<strong><u> "I don't want to talk to you; please don't respond to my posts,"</u></strong> elventy billion people are going to jump down her throat with the public message board line. Allowed was in quotation marks because I was using the word facetiously; not because it was an actual quote. I know you didn't say it. I'm sorry -- I realize that was unclear and probably seemed inflammatory because of it.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  But I didnt say that.  I was referring to the animal welfare thread last week where I pointed it out to her.  In that thread, she put words into my mouth, assuming I was going to ignore her like i have been doing for months when she does that shitt. 

I dont need to justify why I dont want to engage with Mery to anyone.  And just like you are all saying she can post/quote who she wants, so can I.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:6ec10106-c583-4779-a8b3-2ea8b7746058">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid. : Sorry, i know the convo is long past this but I just got home...as far as the part I bolded, it would be understandable if you thought that if it was just the picture on it's own. But she forwarded along an email where either the subject line or something written within it said something along the lines of "now we know why there's no birth certificate". I don't know how that doesn't scream "OBAMA CAME FROM MONKEYS" which IS racist. I can't understand how people taking this to mean anything about intelligence. They're talking about where he originated from, hence the birth certificate nonsense.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

I mainly took it as a play off from the Bush photos. 

I get where it can and probably should be viewed as racist but the photo alone didn't make me think that way.  I know and understand where the racist history is in regards to black people and monkeys; however as Blue has been arguing better I don't automatically assume racism. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_republicans-cannot-this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:36d82b82-f4f0-40be-8aef-20e059c676bcPost:2da2bb8d-3c99-4c69-9577-ae199d06c2c2">Re: Republicans cannot be this stupid.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Total tangent but I was at the Mall of American in a store with Noodle's sister and her little girl a few years ago (she was like, 3 and a half or 4).  His sister went into the dressing room to try some clothes on and Tuti had to go to the bathroom, so I took her.  In the bathroom this woman saw us come in and gave me the wierdest look.  And proceeded to watch me wash Tuti's hands and then FOLLOWED US out of the bathroom and down the hall.  Super close.  And when I finally turned around and was all "excuse me, can I help you?" she barked at me "Who's child is that??  That's not yours, who's child is that?!?"  Really loud.  I was so upset and embarassed.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Nuggs that is horrible.  That breaks my heart.
  • Yes, lets stop the jokes and get back to that topless hugging it out thing.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards